SNS Energized Aminos Mango Iced Tea quick review

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just got this from DPS yesterday.
Took 1 scoop. Very strong mango flavor I must say. It's not bad at all; it is sweet and a little thick though I guess I could have added more water. There is hint of a chemical after taste but nothing too offensive. I understand it has teacrine and caffeine but I'm not getting much of an energy kick to be honest.
Still, it's quality aminos and tastes good, so I don't mind.

Thank you for reading my review.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you for the review.

How much water did you mix it in ?
I've found 16-20oz to be my liking .. if i do 8 yea def too sweet.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I like mine strong so I tend to go 8 to 12 ounces per scoop but if that's too strong, 16 ounces is good.

As for energy, I get a nice subtle energy out of it that is long lasting. The dosages are meant to compete with Amino Energy for example so its not meant to be an over the top energy product. Due to the nature of this category and the audience (bodybuilders, fitness, endurance, sports, women, etc.) the stim dose per scoop has to be on the moderate side because not everyone wants a lot at one time. So the way we do it, for the people that want more of a kick can do 2 scoops but this way allows for the people that just want to do 1 scoop pre-workout and one scoop during, etc. Basically - versatile.

Per scoop:
5 Grams Amino9
125 mg. Caffeine (from natural sources)
125 mg. Green Tea
125 mg. Threacrine (as Tasteless Teacrine) - that's what it's called but its impossible to make Teacrine completely tasteless.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you for the review.

How much water did you mix it in ?
I've found 16-20oz to be my liking .. if i do 8 yea def too sweet.
I think it was around 8-10 oz.

Oh by the way, I also bought the Strawberry Limeade and tasted it. This time I added a lot more water. The flavor is more subdued compared to Mango. It's good though. Again if you don't mix it well, you might get a tiny bit of residue with a strong chemical aftertaste. If I had to choose between Strawberry Limeade or Mango, I'll go with the latter.

Last edited:
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yup took me few tries but Iike it that amount of water

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think it was around 8-10 oz.

Oh by the way, I also bought the Strawberry Limeade and tasted it. This time I added a lot more water. The flavor is more subdued compared to Mango. It's good though. Again if you don't mix it well, you might get a tiny bit of residue with a strong chemical aftertaste. If I had to choose between Strawberry Limeade or Mango, I'll go with the latter.
aminos today mix a lot better than yesterday---i remember needing to mix aminos up the night before put in fridge for the next day to get it to mix without a ton of floaties....i think the quality has vastly improved over the years, i remember hearing something about hair?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
aminos today mix a lot better than yesterday---i remember needing to mix aminos up the night before put in fridge for the next day to get it to mix without a ton of floaties....i think the quality has vastly improved over the years, i remember hearing something about hair?
Not sure what you mean about hair? If you mean old school aminos, some 'natural' ones used to actually be derived from chicken feathers. That doesn't allow to Amino9 though, the amino source we use in this.

Aminos by natures aren't the easiest to mix things in the world. Even instantized aminos have to be re-shaken after sitting for awhile. But overall, I think Amino9 mixes good compared to some others.

I actually haven't tried mixing it the night before and putting it in the fridge. I'll definitely try that.

To me, the flavor part is just finding the personal preference as far as how much water to mix. I love strong flavors so I tend to go less water than most people, except the Mango Iced Tea I'll go more water bc I like to actually drink on it as a beverage and sip on it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Not sure what you mean about hair? If you mean old school aminos, some 'natural' ones used to actually be derived from chicken feathers. That doesn't allow to Amino9 though, the amino source we use in this.

Aminos by natures aren't the easiest to mix things in the world. Even instantized aminos have to be re-shaken after sitting for awhile. But overall, I think Amino9 mixes good compared to some others.

I actually haven't tried mixing it the night before and putting it in the fridge. I'll definitely try that.

To me, the flavor part is just finding the personal preference as far as how much water to mix. I love strong flavors so I tend to go less water than most people, except the Mango Iced Tea I'll go more water bc I like to actually drink on it as a beverage and sip on it.
maybe i confused chicken feathers with hair--i know the quality of aminos wasn't very good back in the day-wasn't questioning the quality of energized aminos....those aminos back in the day didn't mix well at all, it was pretty common back then to put in fridge overnight.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
maybe i confused chicken feathers with hair--i know the quality of aminos wasn't very good back in the day-wasn't questioning the quality of energized aminos....those aminos back in the day didn't mix well at all, it was pretty common back then to put in fridge overnight.
I understand. Back then, when someone would say they wanted natural aminos rather than synthetic, I'd kind of shake my head and be like - nope, not if you knew where they came from haha.

One thing about Energized Aminos that I think gets really overlooked is the Amino9 aspect; in that it is a clinically researched blend of EAA's.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I understand. Back then, when someone would say they wanted natural aminos rather than synthetic, I'd kind of shake my head and be like - nope, not if you knew where they came from haha.

One thing about Energized Aminos that I think gets really overlooked is the Amino9 aspect; in that it is a clinically researched blend of EAA's.
and at a really great price...unbelievable for quality EAAs, imo.