SNS/CEL - Stock Statuses & Back in Stock Thread

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wish that were possible but we don't have the distribution network for something like that yet. Energy drinks are very high investment/low return and profits are based off of having a distribution network to sell mass volumes of them.

Plus, it wouldn't be possible to get the grams of active ingredients in a canned beverage that is Focus XT, so if the day ever came that we could do that, it would have to be scaled back some.
Ahhh I’ve been thinking about suggesting a canned energy drink in the 2024 ideas thread. Doesn’t have to be Focus XT but I’m sure you could make a killer one. Maybe in the future the economies of scale will make more sense.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ahhh I’ve been thinking about suggesting a canned energy drink in the 2024 ideas thread. Doesn’t have to be Focus XT but I’m sure you could make a killer one. Maybe in the future the economies of scale will make more sense.
I would love to too, but that is one of the riskiest categories there is. A lot of companies lose money in that space, especially if they don't have widespread distribution in place, and that usually only comes with a large marketing budget.

I would love to see the day we could do that; I would also love to see the day come that we could do a Focus XT energy shot, but there are similar challenges with that, although not nearly as bad.

big_jewels

big_jewels

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wish that were possible but we don't have the distribution network for something like that yet. Energy drinks are very high investment/low return and profits are based off of having a distribution network to sell mass volumes of them.

Plus, it wouldn't be possible to get the grams of active ingredients in a canned beverage that is Focus XT, so if the day ever came that we could do that, it would have to be scaled back some.
Thank you for filling me in =) Makes total sense the profitability isn't as good as it would seem and with the ingredients scaled back , it makes you actually wonder if some of these companies are actually meeting what they say is in their drink.
I can't help to think whatever would be in it you chose would be better, and taste oh so good ! A guy can dream ~

Last edited:

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would love to too, but that is one of the riskiest categories there is. A lot of companies lose money in that space, especially if they don't have widespread distribution in place, and that usually only comes with a large marketing budget.

I would love to see the day we could do that; I would also love to see the day come that we could do a Focus XT energy shot, but there are similar challenges with that, although not nearly as bad.
That’s surprising, I honestly didn’t think it was that much more expensive than making Diet Coke, store brand here in NC is still about 30 cents per can, then Ghost is $2.99. Is it just really hard to get it canned and distributed without owning the bottling facilities directly?

That being said I would pay top dollar for an SNS one when that day comes

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s surprising, I honestly didn’t think it was that much more expensive than making Diet Coke, store brand here in NC is still about 30 cents per can, then Ghost is $2.99. Is it just really hard to get it canned and distributed without owning the bottling facilities directly?

I live in NC as well and used to work for a commercial tire distributor. Pepsi was one of our customers and I would go to the local Pepsi company and drop off mounted tires and pick up the slicks. They had a drink machine inside the plant that had 20 ounce bottles for 25 cents. I’m sure they were still making a small profit off that but all soda is made from is junk lol! Way more expensive for healthy supplements to be added in a drink.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

The profit in energy drinks is cents per can, and a lot can go wrong if a company doesn't have mass market distribution bc it can be very hard to sell them.

If you think about it, 99% of all energy drinks are bought in convenience stores. Sure, some people buy online by the case, but its less than 1% of total sales, and even out of that 1%, its very few that are going to buy a case of something they have never tried the flavor of in stores.

The cost of the drink itself isn't nearly the only expensive with energy drinks, its the cost of having them shipped to you (the brand), and then the cost of shipping them to the customer, retailer, distributor, etc.

And thank you, I really appreciate that. I'd love for that day to come one day, but we'd have a long ways to go to get there.

I would love to do a Focus XT energy shot one day myself.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I live in NC as well and used to work for a commercial tire distributor. Pepsi was one of our customers and I would go to the local Pepsi company and drop off mounted tires and pick up the slicks. They had a drink machine inside the plant that had 20 ounce bottles for 25 cents. I’m sure they were still making a small profit off that but all soda is made from is junk lol! Way more expensive for healthy supplements to be added in a drink.
Yeah, a big part of the expense on any type of drink sales is the distribution cost, like the shipping.

In the case of the big bottling companies, they own their own trucks and distribution networks and service and stock stores.

The true cost per can to have one made probably isn't a lot more than an energy drink, but its all the other costs that factor into it. Profit wise, its cents per can and a company has to sell a ton of units for it to be successful.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The profit in energy drinks is cents per can, and a lot can go wrong if a company doesn't have mass market distribution bc it can be very hard to sell them.

If you think about it, 99% of all energy drinks are bought in convenience stores. Sure, some people buy online by the case, but its less than 1% of total sales, and even out of that 1%, its very few that are going to buy a case of something they have never tried the flavor of in stores.

The cost of the drink itself isn't nearly the only expensive with energy drinks, its the cost of having them shipped to you (the brand), and then the cost of shipping them to the customer, retailer, distributor, etc.

And thank you, I really appreciate that. I'd love for that day to come one day, but we'd have a long ways to go to get there.

I would love to do a Focus XT energy shot one day myself.
Great insights as always, Steve.

I’ll let this thread get back to in stock updates for those checking in

madmuscle24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
My best guess would be within the next 2 months, but maybe sooner.

I had hoped that it would be out earlier than now, but we've been prioritizing increasing inventory levels on existing products in order to minimize out of stocks and that's pushed some of the new products back a bit.

It's definitely a priority though because 1) I want it myself so I can stop taking so many different single ingredient products separately for cholesterol, 2) because I'm really excited for the product because I think it will help a lot of people, and 3) I've had money tied up in labels and raw materials for over 6 months now haha.
Just bumping for updates? @sns8778

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just bumping for updates? @sns8778
It's in process, but I can't give an exact date. We just have so many things in production that things sometimes bump things back. Plus, we had decided to go with a branded ingredient version of something in this that added a couple weeks to some of the raw materials coming in. But doing my best - its one I really want to hurry up and be available myself.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wanted to let all of our EU/UK customers know that Unreal Supps has a sale going with some crazy good deals on some close dated items, some of which I'm surprised got close dated on them.

They have some insanely good prices and are offering freebies with orders their site says.