Oral BPC157 for gut health?

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone used bpc157 to help heal their gut?

I've had a wrecked gut for 9 months now. Loads of bloodwork, stool samples etc and Dr's are concluding I have some form of IBS-C and I have to adhere to a FODMAP diet/be wary of any specific foods I find that trigger it (anything with insoluble fiber wrecks me). Training/exercising and nutrition has really taken a hit because of this.

I'm thinking about doing an extreme diet/fast to reset my gut but wanted to look into bpc as well.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Have you been tested for SIBO? I would start there as I bet you have a bacteria overgrowth in your GI tract.

The fix won’t be more supplements your eating something over and over causing the GI distress. Possibly way too many carbonated beverages, artificial sugars, sweeteners, sugar alcohols, or soir. Could be a huge range of things. I’d notate when you feel your worst bloating and look back at those Meals or times and see what is the biggest root issue and start playing process of elimination.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Has anyone used bpc157 to help heal their gut?

I've had a wrecked gut for 9 months now. Loads of bloodwork, stool samples etc and Dr's are concluding I have some form of IBS-C and I have to adhere to a FODMAP diet/be wary of any specific foods I find that trigger it (anything with insoluble fiber wrecks me). Training/exercising and nutrition has really taken a hit because of this.

I'm thinking about doing an extreme diet/fast to reset my gut but wanted to look into bpc as well.
Go read up on the vertical diet, you having to stick with low fodmap foods will not hinder your gym performance unless you make it that way.

Bpc is great for gut health but not in the way your trying to use it. Bpc would just be a possible bandaid in your situation.

Find the problem first

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you been tested for SIBO? I would start there as I bet you have a bacteria overgrowth in your GI tract.

The fix won’t be more supplements your eating something over and over causing the GI distress. Possibly way too many carbonated beverages, artificial sugars, sweeteners, sugar alcohols, or soir. Could be a huge range of things. I’d notate when you feel your worst bloating and look back at those Meals or times and see what is the biggest root issue and start playing process of elimination.
They never did a SIBO test that I am aware of, a plethora of blood sample, stool samples, food allergy tests, and even a colonoscopy. GI doctor told me I have some form of IBS and basically need to watch foods/journal/lowfodmap which I have been doing for over 4 months and it has slowly, at a snails pace, gotten better.

... ****.... only thing I haven't cut out entirely are isolate protein shakes :mad::poop:

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
They never did a SIBO test that I am aware of, a plethora of blood sample, stool samples, food allergy tests, and even a colonoscopy. GI doctor told me I have some form of IBS and basically need to watch foods/journal/lowfodmap which I have been doing for over 4 months and it has slowly, at a snails pace, gotten better.

... ****.... only thing I haven't cut out entirely are isolate protein shakes :mad::poop:
Ground beef and chicken, white rice, oats, quinoa, carrots, bok choy, bell peppers, strawberry and oranges.

You can make very bodybuilding friendly meals with those

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never heard of SIBO until you posted, thank you. After reading about it this sounds like a likely candidate for my troubles.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Never heard of SIBO until you posted, thank you. After reading about it this sounds like a likely candidate for my troubles.
I see it in women I coach all the time. SAME exact symptoms to a T. This is extremely common.

FrameMaster

Awards
I have had gut issues for a while. I tried many different diets including being gluten free for a while. I started liquid, oral, stable bpc-157 about 3 weeks ago. I am glad I did, things are improving. My hope is that the benefits are lasting.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I see it in women I coach all the time. SAME exact symptoms to a T. This is extremely common.
I’m glad I saw this, my wife has been struggling with constipation for years. Same as above, colonoscopies, basic blood work, etc. and no luck other than doctors throwing fiber or laxative supplements at her, which don’t even work in themselves.

it’s good to have another Avenue to look down.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I’m glad I saw this, my wife has been struggling with constipation for years. Same as above, colonoscopies, basic blood work, etc. and no luck other than doctors throwing fiber or laxative supplements at her, which don’t even work in themselves.

it’s good to have another Avenue to look down.
And doctors doing that makes things WORSE, and will cause the symptoms to cause more harm to their long term health. Makes me shake my head

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
And doctors doing that makes things WORSE, and will cause the symptoms to cause more harm to their long term health. Makes me shake my head
It really infuriates me. I hate to say it, but a doctor works for the patient and if they don't listen to your concerns or suggestions then fire their ass. There's plenty of doctors out there who actually enjoy the process of identifying and solving the issue and WANT to fix the root cause.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took BPC, but didn't notice anything at all.

I have on/off gut issues but nothing has changed.

CrystelAngel

Awards
I have had constipation issues for a while. I have tried many home remedies, but none of them worked. I didn't know what caused me constipation until I visited my GP. He told me that the medication I regularly take for my blood pressure is the main cause of constipation. If I stop taking that capsule, my BP will increase, so he prescribed me constipation relief capsules. I take that capsule every day before going to bed. It really helped me to solve constipation.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have diagnosed IBS that I manage through eating a cleaner diet, avoiding triggers and occasional fiber supplements.

I’ve done sub-q BPC-157 a few times for various joint injuries over the past 2-3 years and I’ve experienced a dramatic reduction in symptoms I attribute to it.

I don’t think that it is/was SIBO, but starting to regularly take a greens supplement with probiotics coincides with the BPC usage and could also be a big factor in the improvement of symptoms. I feel that the combo of lifestyle/diet changes and the BPC have healed/re-trained my gut.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have had constipation issues for a while. I have tried many home remedies, but none of them worked. I didn't know what caused me constipation until I visited my GP. He told me that the medication I regularly take for my blood pressure is the main cause of constipation. If I stop taking that capsule, my BP will increase, so he prescribed me constipation relief capsules. I take that capsule every day before going to bed. It really helped me to solve constipation.
you should consider trying magnesium for constipation. I don't give two fucks about fiber anymore