Nicotine; a hardening agent and useful tool to minimize fat storage while bulking.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
And I Thought Quiting Was A Good Thing

Wow, this thread is killing me. I just quit dipping two weeks ago and it is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I have chewed for ten years and have been on a can/day or so for about three years now(thanks army). I am on the patches. I have done this before and these are a weaker dose, 15mgs, than the ones I used last time, 24mgs. I have been cutting them in 1/4's for about a week now and only use those when I know it is going to be a bad day. If I fall asleep with them on I have some crazy ass dreams, though. Nicotine is nicotine. Granted, without the additives, ie. fiberglass slicing my lip and gums apart for a higher absorption, it's still addictive. It takes time and you have to work up to it. It took me almost a year when I was 15 to be able to chew every day. I have quit numerous times for different reasons, including getting back my appetite, and each time is harder to quit than the last. Even as I type this right now I am clenching my teeth and shaking my legs because I simply cannot write without a dip.

If you guys can do this without getting addicted that's all you. I just think there are better ways to go about fat loss than nicotine. Hell, I can't even do EC right now because the anxiety makes me want to chew so badly. Come May when I'm on cut I might consider what you guys are saying because I do know what you are saying to be true. I just would rather try some alternatives first.

I

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Honestly, B&P, I'd give it longer than May before you try nicotine in any form. It's a tough addiction to get over. I quit smoking 6 years ago, and it was a bitch. I'd banish the thought for now - just forget about it until you've been completely nicotine free for a year. It's a good cutting aid, but it's not worth sliding back into dipping or smoking.

Wow, this thread is killing me. I just quit dipping two weeks ago and it is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I have chewed for ten years and have been on a can/day or so for about three years now(thanks army). I am on the patches. I have done this before and these are a weaker dose, 15mgs, than the ones I used last time, 24mgs. I have been cutting them in 1/4's for about a week now and only use those when I know it is going to be a bad day. If I fall asleep with them on I have some crazy ass dreams, though. Nicotine is nicotine. Granted, without the additives, ie. fiberglass slicing my lip and gums apart for a higher absorption, it's still addictive. It takes time and you have to work up to it. It took me almost a year when I was 15 to be able to chew every day. I have quit numerous times for different reasons, including getting back my appetite, and each time is harder to quit than the last. Even as I type this right now I am clenching my teeth and shaking my legs because I simply cannot write without a dip.

If you guys can do this without getting addicted that's all you. I just think there are better ways to go about fat loss than nicotine. Hell, I can't even do EC right now because the anxiety makes me want to chew so badly. Come May when I'm on cut I might consider what you guys are saying because I do know what you are saying to be true. I just would rather try some alternatives first.

L

Lonny

Awards
Personally i don't have an addictive personality so its relatively easy for me to just drop the gum all together.

The benefits of the gum is that its timed release based on your chewing, and isn't instantly put into your bloodstream as you would from a cigarette, or via dip, so its not really an instant "buzz" but rather a drawn out relaxing or calming feeling. I can see how that would be addictive, although i don't think its any more addictive than a morning coffee, or sugar rush after a big meal.

Near the end of my last cut, i had completely desensitized my nicotine receptors, and the only effect i noticed from the gum was the appetite supression.

I

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree with you about the slow release of nicotine, it's NOT like a smoke. I have to mention the coffee thing though - I find my morning coffee much more addictive than nicotine gum, I'll admit I'm a caffiene addict!

Personally i don't have an addictive personality so its relatively easy for me to just drop the gum all together.

The benefits of the gum is that its timed release based on your chewing, and isn't instantly put into your bloodstream as you would from a cigarette, or via dip, so its not really an instant "buzz" but rather a drawn out relaxing or calming feeling. I can see how that would be addictive, although i don't think its any more addictive than a morning coffee, or sugar rush after a big meal.

Near the end of my last cut, i had completely desensitized my nicotine receptors, and the only effect i noticed from the gum was the appetite supression.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
the appetite supression would be my main reason for it's use for me and it's really working well so far.

i actually can't even be around cigarette smoke any more. i get real congested in the chest which can even last for a cuppla days so i think it's a foreign substance to me now.

i have every confidence in myself that i would never return to smoking...............which is a real nice feeling :D

Jag

L

Lonny

Awards
the appetite supression would be my main reason for it's use for me and it's really working well so far.

i actually can't even be around cigarette smoke any more. i get real congested in the chest which can even last for a cuppla days so i think it's a foreign substance to me now.

i have every confidence in myself that i would never return to smoking...............which is a real nice feeling :D

Jag

Since i started dipping, or chewing nicotine gum, i also have found cigarette smoke unbearable. I wonder how i even inhaled it. I won't touch a cigarette anymore unless im very very drunk, and have no nicorette or chew.

S

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established

Id look into Wellbutrin (Bioprion sp?) if its real bad for you bro. Prescribed for depression and for quitting smoking. Works on one's dopamine. Cuts appetite good, makes cigarettes taste like ****, and has the added bene of being a very effective cutting tool. Need a script though or order overseas.