My new Versa Gripps SMELL

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Got them 3 weeks ago and the odor from the dye is pungent. If I use them my hands smell like the dye. If I touch my beard it then smells like the dye and as we all know the beard is right under my nose. I have to wash my hands 3 times before the smell goes away. Ok would equate it to getting the odor of gas or diesel off ones hands. I have not reached out to them about this. I did check their website and they cannot be washed
Has anyone experienced this?

Aside from the odor I LOVE THEM. I am not knocking Versa Gripp. No shade thrown, intended or implied

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was gonna say throw em in a light to medium wash, in the machine, until I finished your post. …I’ve washed all kinds of stuff, including hockey equipment…car floor mats.
It’s something I’d try 🤷‍♂️ ….Definitely see what the company says. I had a pair, loved ‘em. Someone swiped em from me…

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Maybe hit there cuatomer service up, they sound defective. I dont own a pair but ive used several. I dint remeber that happening nor have i heard that complaint. Honestly i dont got a clue tho

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I got 2 pair. 1 for me and one for my Wife and both are the same odor. We both got different styles and color etc. it is the black palm part that is carrying the odor. The Co website says if they get “soiled” you can wipe them down with Windex. Might give that a go. I do LOVE THEM otherwise.