Unanswered Modafinil experiences

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My source sent me about 30 200 mg Modafinil tablets for free, what do you guys think, is it worth a try?
How does it affect your workouts, mood, performance, energy/alertness?

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Start with 100mg first thing in the morning. It has a very long half life. Its very mild and you can run your preworkout or caffeine with it. Then try 200mg. I like it and use it a few times a week. Some days you get up and just dont feel 100% or motivated. This will get you straight.

There is no crash like aderrall. Make sure you take it in the morning or you will not be falling a sleep at night.

muddertougher

muddertougher

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It's a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, kind of like how an ssri works but for your dopamine, typically for people with narcalepsy (people who lack a chemical called hypocretin-1 where they periodically instantly go into a deep state of sleep
) and shift workers who have a hard time staying awake, it has a 15 hour half life so you may notice some decrease total sleep time and some insomnia.

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, kind of like how an ssri works but for your dopamine, typically for people with narcalepsy (people who lack a chemical called hypocretin-1 where they periodically instantly go into a deep state of sleep
) and shift workers who have a hard time staying awake, it has a 15 hour half life so you may notice some decrease total sleep time and some insomnia.
Yeah, I know what it is and what are the ways of funcition, thank you for details. Sounds interesting, will try it at 100 mg in next few days

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Modafinil induces the liver enzyme CYP3A4, which will lead to lower blood levels of any drugs that are metabolized by CYP3A4.

I've been following your cycle (you look great btw), just wouldn't want your gear to become less effective, may want to look up what liver enzymes are responsible for metabolizing the gear you are taking.

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Modafinil induces the liver enzyme CYP3A4, which will lead to lower blood levels of any drugs that are metabolized by CYP3A4.

I've been following your cycle (you look great btw), just wouldn't want your gear to become less effective, may want to look up what liver enzymes are responsible for metabolizing the gear you are taking.
Well that's a bummer. Interesting detail, and very important. Thanks man

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never got much from modafinal , but if it's strong enough for you....it's a good drug, in general.

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Never got much from modafinal , but if it's strong enough for you....it's a good drug, in general.
Well, I'll give it a shot in few days, when I run out of my pre workout with dmaa and few other gooddies. Just to take a break

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very Interested in this, I was just reading about it

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
MA Labs 20% Off Discount Code: arnold20

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Start with 100mg first thing in the morning. It has a very long half life. Its very mild and you can run your preworkout or caffeine with it. Then try 200mg. I like it and use it a few times a week. Some days you get up and just dont feel 100% or motivated. This will get you straight.

There is no crash like aderrall. Make sure you take it in the morning or you will not be falling a sleep at night.
Which do you like better, Modafinil or Adderall?

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i dont see it listed on their products page
Just understand while similar this is not the same as moda. I’d recommend doing research into both before making a decision to pull the trigger. Flmodafinil seems to be a bit more unreliable and lacks the safety research of modafinil. Some users love it and others not so much. From a legality standpoint, you’re not going to be able to order modafinil easily in the US but if you dig enough it is possible.

That said if you decide to go this route, I’ve heard nothing but good things about MA as far as products go.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In my experience, flmodafinil is less than spectacular and was quite disappointing. It made me feel quite flat and was not much of a nootropic as a single ingredient. I get more out of having a strong brew of Starbucks. I still miss my Vicaine though, and the inclusion of flmodafinil in that formula was what prompted me to buy it as a standalone. It just didn’t do it for me..

Last edited:
Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Modafinil is quite the upper. You will want to work when you are on it, otherwise you'll get cranky hehe. I would use it on days you feel low but take it, as has been said before, in the morning. Imo no need to take more then 100mg's. I would go nuts on 200.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally, I find finils dirty and the crash is definitely hard- especially moda. IMO, using moda as a PWO is not a smart idea as it's been shown to significantly increase oxygen uptake and HR during anaerobic exercise.

Keep in mind, it is a psychostimulant, increases dopamine, and can give the sensation of increased physical energy. Much better things to be taking for overall energy.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tried Pharma Modafinil and didn't really get the "smart feeling" what I expected. For sure I didn't sleep, but, nothing great.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tried Pharma Modafinil and didn't really get the "smart feeling" what I expected. For sure I didn't sleep, but, nothing great.
I always sigh when people think that modafinil is useful as a nootropic. If wakeful energy is the definition people are going by, then caffeine is far more beneficial.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I always sigh when people think that modafinil is useful as a nootropic. If wakeful energy is the definition people are going by, then caffeine is far more beneficial.
I agree.. Can’t even consider it as nootropic. I liked C&P Cannibal Genius better.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I didn't feel and smarter, but I found manual labor did not seam as taxing and time went by faster.....

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i have never done modafinil. I have done armodafinil, which some of regular modafinil converts into, anyways they are similiar. i take 150mg in the morning and still wont sleep that night. feels similar to caffeine, appetite suppression is good on it. INSOMNIA though.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I need my sleep !!

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I didn't feel and smarter, but I found manual labor did not seam as taxing and time went by faster.....
i have never done modafinil. I have done armodafinil, which some of regular modafinil converts into, anyways they are similiar. i take 150mg in the morning and still wont sleep that night. feels similar to caffeine, appetite suppression is good on it. INSOMNIA though.
Thank you both for comments that are very useful. As someone who Austin just needs a little kick in the ass I turned to my X mode because it is very similar to a lot of pre workouts just concentrated has everything I like and nothing I don't but I'm wondering if on the days that I'm really dragging if some FL mites be what I'm looking for as it's not so much in your truck I want but something like caffeine but not as bad on vasoconstriction and heart rate. If anyone can make a comparison that would be great as I don't like most stimulants so I'm looking for kind of a weak one actually.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree 100% with Rocket. It definitely makes manual labor easier, better if it is somewhat monotonous work because you can zone out and just go. I only use it for such times, like if I have a lot of chores to do around the house or something.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It has never made me feel jittery or my heart race, could be what you are looking for @chem.jr.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you both for comments that are very useful. As someone who Austin just needs a little kick in the ass I turned to my X mode because it is very similar to a lot of pre workouts just concentrated has everything I like and nothing I don't but I'm wondering if on the days that I'm really dragging if some FL mites be what I'm looking for as it's not so much in your truck I want but something like caffeine but not as bad on vasoconstriction and heart rate. If anyone can make a comparison that would be great as I don't like most stimulants so I'm looking for kind of a weak one actually.
it feels less stimulating than caffeine, you feel wide awake and can complete tasks easier, but you dont feel stimmed out. i think you would like it.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
it feels less stimulating than caffeine, you feel wide awake and can complete tasks easier, but you dont feel stimmed out. i think you would like it.
Agree

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
MA is good to go !!

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Modafinil is very mild. Not like adderall which can give you that rush buzzed feeling. But in terms of its nootropic effects I find it allows you to focus better. Its half life is 15 hours! You better take it first thing in the morning! I will take it when I wake up and by the time I got to sleep its effect is minimal. For those looking for a good pre workout try some nicotine gum with 200-300mg of caffeine.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bell1986 Nootropics 22
GrizzleB Supplement Auction 2
WesleyInman Nootropics 11
Nootropics 19
solidsnake Nootropics 1