MK-677 Not Powder? 😯

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I received ten jars today, each labeled as a gram of "pure powder". Upon opening one of them, I found a single solid puck of substance. Shaking the others tells me they are all like this. It was in the 90's today and they say in my black mailbox out on the street for several hours, baking in the sun. My guess is that they melted. Any ideas on whether this would impact the quality of the product?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I received ten jars today, each labeled as a gram of "pure powder". Upon opening one of them, I found a single solid puck of substance. Shaking the others tells me they are all like this. It was in the 90's today and they say in my black mailbox out on the street for several hours, baking in the sun. My guess is that they melted. Any ideas on whether this would impact the quality of the product?
Dang bro, that sucks!!

I don't know if it would affect the quality.
Maybe ask one of the site owners with some chemistry background?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dang bro, that sucks!!

Maybe ask one of the board sponsors with some chemistry background?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dang bro, that sucks!!

Yeah, I was really looking forward to starting this tonight. I've contacted the lab that sent the jars, but was hoping for some outside opinions as well.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dang bro, that sucks!!

Yeah, I was really looking forward to starting this tonight. I've contacted the lab that sent the jars, but was hoping for some outside opinions as well.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am interested to see their response.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
The insurance is %1 of the purchase price. Not sure why anyone would not pay that. Especially when dealing with sensitive materials.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The insurance is %1 of the purchase price. Not sure why anyone would not pay that. Especially when dealing with sensitive materials.
Yep.

And it's a win-win for the company.

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It certainly did not melt. I assume it was not shipped anhydrous and it is completely dried out.

For reference, the melting point of MK-677 is above 300 F. If it was on your grill for today's BBQ, then there's a chance.

I do not know if it would degrade at an elevated temp for a number of hours. Beyond my skillset.

Were you planning to reconstitute it in a polar solvent and take orally, or put into caps?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
It certainly did not melt. I assume it was not shipped anhydrous and it is completely dried out.

For reference, the melting point of MK-677 is above 300 F. If it was on your grill for today's BBQ, then there's a chance.

I do not know if it would degrade at an elevated temp for a number of hours. Beyond my skillset.

Were you planning to reconstitute it in a polar solvent and take orally, or put into caps?
I was hoping to weigh the powder and fill 25mg into capsules I have. This is not a powder anymore, though it looks like it was when filled into the jar.

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I was hoping to weigh the powder and fill 25mg into capsules I have. This is not a powder anymore, though it looks like it was when filled into the jar.
Understood. Even if it were determined to have not been degraded by the heat, it would certainly make putting into capsules more difficult. I personally would not want to mortar and pestle a puck to re-create powder, lose some in the process vs spooning out and measuring what should have arrived as a powder.

LGTWHIT

LGTWHIT

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MK677 naturally is clumpy and sticky so I can see why extreme heat say left in a car would cause it to be one as a whole! Heck, throw it in a vita mix or ninja and cap away. Only issue there would be MK sticking to the sides of the container your mixing it in

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
MK677 naturally is clumpy and sticky so I can see why extreme heat say left in a car would cause it to be one as a whole! Heck, throw it in a vita mix or ninja and cap away. Only issue there would be MK sticking to the sides of the container your mixing it in
Thanks, I did throw a bit in the mortar. You're not wrong about it being sticky! Very hard to work with, but I imagine very easy to press into tablets.

LGTWHIT

LGTWHIT

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well at least you know you got MK and not something else. It’s one of a kind for sure usually a puke yellow or nowadays sometimes an off whitish color from a dye they put in it. Either way hope you get it sorted

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well at least you know you got MK and not something else. It’s one of a kind for sure usually a puke yellow or nowadays sometimes an off whitish color from a dye they put in it. Either way hope you get it sorted
Interesting that mine is white as snow. I joked that it was just powdered sugar to my partner.