Unanswered Minimal training for a period?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys

Me and my partner have just bought a new house.. For the next 2 month i am juggling a job + clearing out our home so my training has become a half hour here and their if i can cram it in. Probably about 2-3 hours a week just now.

What do you think would be the best way to make use of these short sessions?

I have been doing an upper/lower body workouts but grouping in supersets and doing short rest periods.

Yesterday i fitted on chest back tri bi.. So i done...
4 sets of dumbell flat press.. Supersetted with..
4sets of bent over rows

2 sets of decling dumbell press.. Supersetted with
2 sets of one arm'd cable rows

2 sets of incline barbell press.. Supersetted with
2 sets of lat pulldown's

Then onto..

2 sets of bicep barbell curls.. Supersetted with.
2 sets of tricep cable extensions

2 sets of dumbell hammer curls.. Supersetted with
2 sets of skullcrushers

2 sets of cable hammer curls.. Supersetted with
2 sets of tricep pushdowns

1 set of preachers.. Supersetted with
1 sets of close grip bench press

Then i finished with

3 sets of overhead press Supersetted with 3sets of ab cable crunches

So say i have 3 x 40 minute sessions per week just now. It is gonna be like this for the next 6-8 weeks sadly but priorities must take 1st position.

Legs i have just been doing squats.. Walking lunges and throwing in some deadlift finishers

Do you think this is enough to still progress? Or even just maintain? No want to lose anything so maintenance would be ideal

Thanks

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys

Me and my partner have just bought a new house.. For the next 2 month i am juggling a job + clearing out our home so my training has become a half hour here and their if i can cram it in. Probably about 2-3 hours a week just now.

What do you think would be the best way to make use of these short sessions?

I have been doing an upper/lower body workouts but grouping in supersets and doing short rest periods.

Yesterday i fitted on chest back tri bi.. So i done...
4 sets of dumbell flat press.. Supersetted with..
4sets of bent over rows

2 sets of decling dumbell press.. Supersetted with
2 sets of one arm'd cable rows

2 sets of incline barbell press.. Supersetted with
2 sets of lat pulldown's

Then onto..

2 sets of bicep barbell curls.. Supersetted with.
2 sets of tricep cable extensions

2 sets of dumbell hammer curls.. Supersetted with
2 sets of skullcrushers

2 sets of cable hammer curls.. Supersetted with
2 sets of tricep pushdowns

1 set of preachers.. Supersetted with
1 sets of close grip bench press

Then i finished with

3 sets of overhead press Supersetted with 3sets of ab cable crunches

So say i have 3 x 40 minute sessions per week just now. It is gonna be like this for the next 6-8 weeks sadly but priorities must take 1st position.

Legs i have just been doing squats.. Walking lunges and throwing in some deadlift finishers

Do you think this is enough to still progress? Or even just maintain? No want to lose anything so maintenance would be ideal

Thanks
Look into a high intensity training system. The body can grow on minimal sets if the muscle stimulated properly.

I'm using the heavy duty program right now and have not lost anything. As a matter of fact, my muscles are definitely looking and feeling more dense.

My workouts are 1/2 hour (after warming up).

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not really sure why everyone thinks they need to train for hours to make progress. My training last anywhere from 15-45 minutes on days I work. Some days, I have extra stuff to do or don’t wake up early enough. You can absolutely keep progressing with short workouts, but you’ll want to focus on “intensity” versus volume. The workout you posted is still pretty significant volume though.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not really sure why everyone thinks they need to train for hours to make progress. My training last anywhere from 15-45 minutes on days I work. Some days, I have extra stuff to do or don’t wake up early enough. You can absolutely keep progressing with short workouts, but you’ll want to focus on “intensity” versus volume. The workout you posted is still pretty significant volume though.
This. Dude the workout you posted just kept going I was like this guy said he didn’t have time to do much.

For the overarching question, yes, you can maintain and you’ll be fine. Training isn’t everything in life anyways maybe you need break anyways.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try the 3/7 method where you take your 70% of 1 rm and do 3 reps (then take a break for 15 sec) then 4 reps (then take a break for 15 sec), then 5,6, and 7 reps (all with 15 sec breaks in between).Take a 3 minute test and repeat the same protocol again.

DS3317

Awards
The best training programs I’ve ever done were low volume to failure 3-4 days a week.
If you get stronger you’re going to grow. Everytime I do high volume I regress.
I’m in the gym now 30-45 minutes 3 days a week. You tear the muscle down in the gym and grow when you rest.
Volume works for some people but never for me and I’ve seen guys switch to low volume and grow like never before

stock28

Awards
  • Established
The best training programs I’ve ever done were low volume to failure 3-4 days a week.
If you get stronger you’re going to grow. Everytime I do high volume I regress.
I’m in the gym now 30-45 minutes 3 days a week. You tear the muscle down in the gym and grow when you rest.
Volume works for some people but never for me and I’ve seen guys switch to low volume and grow like never before
This. Never been a high volume guy, but recently cut my volume down even more and increase frequency. Went from training each body part once a week to lower volume and twice a week. Hit it hard to failure for a couple sets and done. First six months I was literally getting stronger every time I hit the gym. Taper off a bit now but still progressing. Keep in mind I’m old and have been training consistently for 30 plus years. Pretty impressive since at this point in my training it’s a fight for every pound.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Try the 3/7 method where you take your 70% of 1 rm and do 3 reps (then take a break for 15 sec) then 4 reps (then take a break for 15 sec), then 5,6, and 7 reps (all with 15 sec breaks in between).Take a 3 minute test and repeat the same protocol again.
I just saw this. I did this for a while and it is BRUTAL. Particularly squats. If the ramp were inverted, it wouldn’t be quite so horrible, but this setup is for masochists.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
I just saw this. I did this for a while and it is BRUTAL. Particularly squats. If the ramp were inverted, it wouldn’t be quite so horrible, but this setup is for masochists.

DS3317

Awards
Jesus lol. Might try this with hack squats