booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So it's been 12 weeks since I finished my cut. Gained size (and weight) and felt like it's time for a mini cut. I'm gonna be doing RLF for 10 days.

Starting weight: 75.6kg

Macros:
250P/5C/27F

Supplements:
Yohimbine (not doing LISS this time, I've learned my lesson. Burnt me out last time I tried)
Multi x1
Potassium, Mg, Calcium as prescribed in the book

Training: 2x/week
Using all machines. I don't want to **** with free weights when I'm low on cal~ Idk how people squat/DL on RFL.
Leg Press, Chest Press, Lat Pulldown, Leg Curl, Lat Raise, Bi Curl, Tri Extension
How does my workout look? Do I need to add anything?
Honestly I would include at least SOME major compound moves... machines are just not the same in that they don't stimulate nearly as much of the rest of the body as compound moves due to the stabilization. You can pick safer alternatives though for sure if you're worried about injuries... for squats, use a smith machine, dumbbells, or landmine; Deads I don't mind skipping, but at least have some db or bb rows (free standing) as lat pulldowns are a very wimpy exercise (and only vertical pull), especially since most people cheat them a ton and you otherwise have no other back work.

The biggest thing is not necessarily about having massive weights that will risk injury, but making sure that you get adequate stimulation to at least maintain muscle. In 10 days it wont matter too much but that also wont provide too great of results in fat loss either since its so short. You'll lose more water weight and glycogen than anything which helps in the short term but not much longer term.

If I were doing this, I would go with a mix of machines and free weights and maybe just alternate:
Workout A:
Leg Curl
Smith Squat
DB Bench
Lat Pulldown
BB Bi Burl
Rope tri pushdown

Workout B:
Leg Press
Chest Press
BB Row (you can also do a few straight leg or Romanian deads here for some "free" hamstring work just at the end of sets)
EZ Bar Skull Crusher (tri)
Bi Curl Machine/Cable

If you're tired or these are too long, skip the direct bi/tri work too since its really not all that necessary if you have some good compound pushing and pulling moves in there (presses and rows)

danny2905

Awards
In 10 days it wont matter too much but that also wont provide too great of results in fat loss either since its so short
Are you saying that 10 days are not long enough to lose any substantial amount of fat?

Honestly I would include at least SOME major compound moves... machines are just not the same in that they don't stimulate nearly as much of the rest of the body as compound moves due to the stabilization.
This is the one part that in the RLF book that I wish Lyle talked more in details. Simply saying following the current program and just cutting back on the volume does not help much. The decision to go with machines only is because I THINK I might not be able to handle the compounds exercises while on a deficit. Also because I saw Lyle calling ppl trying to do Squat/Dead/Bench on RFL stupid on his FB group and telling them to just follow the sample workouts in the book (which I do NOT see anywhere :unsure:)

But I agree with what you said. I ran the workout the last Tuesday before I started RFL and didn't feel much of anything. So I guess I will try incorporating the compounds and see how it goes. This is how I plan to do it. () is my current max.

Workout A:
Squat (140kg 3x3) -> 140kg 2x1 (Is this enough? 😅)
DB Romanian DL (22kg 3x12) -> 22kg 2x8
DB Press (36kg 3x8) -> 36 2x6
T-bar Row (85kg 3x10) -> 85kg 2x8
Bi Curl
Rope Tri Extension

Workout B:
Deadlift (152.5 3x3) -> 152.5 2x1
Leg Press (250kg 3x12) -> 250kg 2x8
Incline DB Press (32kg 3x8) -> 32kg 2x6
Lat Pulldown
Bi Hammer Curl
Overhead Tri Ex

Last edited:

danny2905

Awards
Weight: 75.6 - 73.8

Peed like a horse yesterday. A bit hungry today but wasn't unbearable. How I NOT miss this feeling 😂. Good thing I have an end date this time. 8 days to go. I'm excited to see if my 3-month bulk yields any results.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Are you saying that 10 days are not long enough to lose any substantial amount of fat?
Correct. You will def lose some, but even on an extreme diet like this, it will take some time. 2 weeks or so would be my minimum for a "mini cut" otherwise its likely to be more "weight" loss (i.e. glycogen, water and a little fat). This is the whole reason diet ads say things like " we GUARANTEE you'll lose 10LB IN THE FIRST 2 WEEKS!!!"... its easy to drop some quick water and glycogen, especially for people who aren't controlling their diet/exercise prior. Even for those that are though, most "normal" eating habits will have you holding plenty of water and glycogen at all times (which is totally normal and healthy).

This is the one part that in the RLF book that I wish Lyle talked more in details. Simply saying following the current program and just cutting back on the volume does not help much. The decision to go with machines only is because I THINK I might not be able to handle the compounds exercises while on a deficit. Also because I saw Lyle calling ppl trying to do Squat/Dead/Bench on RFL stupid on his FB group and telling them to just follow the sample workouts in the book (which I do NOT see anywhere :unsure:)

Yeah, trying to go HEAVY or really even trying to keep the same volume is dumb and likely to get you injured. That said, completely abandoning all compounds is too far to the other extreme and simply doesn't promote the muscle maintenance you want in an extreme deficit. Thus my recommendation for a mixed bag and some "easier" compounds that won't risk injuries due to them being safer/more controlled

But I agree with what you said. I ran the workout the last Tuesday before I started RFL and didn't feel much of anything. So I guess I will try incorporating the compounds and see how it goes. This is how I plan to do it. () is my current max.

Workout A:
Squat (140kg 3x3) -> 140kg 2x1 (Is this enough? 😅) NO (you know this already haha)... unless you did a ton of volume warming up, this is too heavy and too little volume. Highly suggest trying some of the safer variations I listed above so you can get some volume and actual work in without the risk of injury from fatigue.

DB Romanian DL (22kg 3x12) -> 22kg 2x8
DB Press (36kg 3x8) -> 36 2x6
T-bar Row (85kg 3x10) -> 85kg 2x8
Bi Curl
Rope Tri Extension

Workout B:
Deadlift (152.5 3x3) -> 152.5 2x1 Of your listed exercises, this is the only one I really recommend against. Its just too easy to get sloppy with when you're tired, especially if you're not super strict to begin with. Deads are great but in this case (and for such a short time) simply aren't worth the risk vs reward. If you REALLY like them, at least go for something like rack pulls or even smith pulls which both are safer alternatives in a similar motion. For me tho, I would drop them completely for this and just work on free standing rows with bb or db's. Save that lower back for bulking season ;)

Leg Press (250kg 3x12) -> 250kg 2x8
Incline DB Press (32kg 3x8) -> 32kg 2x6
Lat Pulldown
Bi Hammer Curl
Overhead Tri Ex

danny2905

Awards
Correct. You will def lose some, but even on an extreme diet like this, it will take some time. 2 weeks or so would be my minimum for a "mini cut" otherwise its likely to be more "weight" loss (i.e. glycogen, water and a little fat).
I would have gone for 12 days per Lyle's recommendation (if I can last that long). Thing is I have a social obligation on the 11th day - my best friend's bday. No eating or anything, we are just gonna go to an event (where we might be taking MDMA 😅). So I was debating whether I should still do RFL on that day, or stop one day prior. I mean the MDMA might help drain the last bit of water weight out of me 😂 I'm just not sure how my body will react to the low deficit + rolling combo.

NO (you know this already haha)... unless you did a ton of volume warming up
I always do 5 sets for warm up, going from 50%x5 reps, 60%x4, 70%x3, 80%x2, 90%x1, then on to my work sets (2x1 in this case). Would that be enough volume then? Somehow I'm not comfortable doing squats on the Smith machine. Weird feeling and I hate how the bar path is fixed.

Its just too easy to get sloppy with when you're tired, especially if you're not super strict to begin with. Deads are great but in this case (and for such a short time) simply aren't worth the risk vs reward.
Is DL more injury-prone than squats? I always thought the opposite :oops: If I have to drop it then Workout B can be sth like this?
Pendlay Row (my fav)
Leg Press
Leg Curl
Lat Pulldown
Bi + Tri

Anw, thank you for taking the time to reply. Really appreciate it!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I would have gone for 12 days per Lyle's recommendation (if I can last that long). Thing is I have a social obligation on the 11th day - my best friend's bday. No eating or anything, we are just gonna go to an event (where we might be taking MDMA 😅). So I was debating whether I should still do RFL on that day, or stop one day prior. I mean the MDMA might help drain the last bit of water weight out of me 😂 I'm just not sure how my body will react to the low deficit + rolling combo.

haha that's awesome. Yeah, I wouldn't worry about any type of diet or whatever for stuff like that... you might even wanna eat a decent/rounded/substantial meal prior (even the night before) just so you don't get out of control... I know when i'm fasted or in a heavy deficit literally anything hits me 10x(rough guess ha) harder (booze, meds, etc etc...).

I always do 5 sets for warm up, going from 50%x5 reps, 60%x4, 70%x3, 80%x2, 90%x1, then on to my work sets (2x1 in this case). Would that be enough volume then? Somehow I'm not comfortable doing squats on the Smith machine. Weird feeling and I hate how the bar path is fixed.

While that is decent volume, 1 rep is just a terrible idea in a situation like this. You know your strength will be crap and to boot you've already wasted most of stored up energy in the warmups. Dangerous+tired=no bueno. If you wanna lift heavier or just go for intensity over volume, try doing some heavy time under tension with more reasonable weights. That way you dont have to worry as much about losing control and can usually even cheat if needed/tired.

Is DL more injury-prone than squats? I always thought the opposite :oops: If I have to drop it then Workout B can be sth like this?
100% my personal opinion but yes, its much easier to break form on a dead and round your back right off the bat than it is to get crushed by a squat. With a squat, you typically know you're in trouble the second you start to descend and can just drop the weight. With a dead, sometimes you get halfway up or even all the way (with REALLY bad form) before you get in trouble. Personally I just think deads pose a much easier way to "cheat" (rounded back) that you can sometimes get away with for a bit before actually getting injured while a bad squat will simply pin you to the floor the first time.

Pendlay Row (my fav)
Leg Press
Leg Curl
Lat Pulldown
Bi + Tri

Anw, thank you for taking the time to reply. Really appreciate it!

danny2905

Awards
I know when i'm fasted or in a heavy deficit literally anything hits me 10x harder

Oh ok, guess who's doing 11 days now 😂

Weight: 75.6 - 73.8 - 72.9

Was super lethargic during the daytime and almost didn't go to the gym. I went in the end and got a better-than-expected session. Did squat 140kg 3x3. Must be the Gatorade. I should have tried this the last time I was on RFL. No sign of fatigue at all.

Hopefully my body will be used to the deficit by tmr. Couldn't really get anything done during the daytime the past few days cos I was so tired.

danny2905

Awards
D4

Weight: 75.6 - 73.8 - 72.9 - 72.5

Woke up feeling fresh. I have a few questions if anyone can help me answer:

1) What is the maximum amount of carbs can you get away with on RFL? Konjac Noodles have 1.4gr C per 100gr. Eating 400gr of it would amount to about 5.6gr C and 24kal, which is not bad at all imo.

2) After how many days can you assume that the body has gotten rid of most of the water weight and glycogen, and that from that point onwards the weight loss will mostly be fat?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't think the noodles would be an issue, given other things in the diet. Maximum amount of carbs will probably be subjective based on the individual.

Same with the weight and glycogen. Definitely feel you'd be pretty much done by the end of the first week with it, but water retention and fluctuations in the body can be pretty individual as well.

danny2905

Awards
D5

Weight: 75.6 - 73.8 - 72.9 - 72.5 -72.7

A slight increase. Could be the extra food in my GI tract (I started eating the noodles yesterday). I'm not too worried about it. I need to find other ways to prep my chicken breast. Poach chicken breasts are tender and juicy and all but at this point I want to throw up thinking about it. Shrimp is too expensive :cry:

However I'm debating whether I should continue taking the Yohimbine. Will it help A LOT? It makes me too ravenous in the morning. While on UD2 it was fine however coupled with the low calories from RLF it's making the experience worse for me.

Same with the weight and glycogen. Definitely feel you'd be pretty much done by the end of the first week with it, but water retention and fluctuations in the body can be pretty individual as well.
And there I thought it would only take 2-3 days 😅

danny2905

Awards
D6

Weight: 75.6 - 73.8 - 72.9 - 72.5 -72.7 - 72.1

Felt good. The thing about RFL is that you never hungry. Im actually sick of eating so much protein I think I'm gonna do 2-3 shakes tmr.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
D5

Weight: 75.6 - 73.8 - 72.9 - 72.5 -72.7

A slight increase. Could be the extra food in my GI tract (I started eating the noodles yesterday). I'm not too worried about it. I need to find other ways to prep my chicken breast. Poach chicken breasts are tender and juicy and all but at this point I want to throw up thinking about it. Shrimp is too expensive :cry:

However I'm debating whether I should continue taking the Yohimbine. Will it help A LOT? It makes me too ravenous in the morning. While on UD2 it was fine however coupled with the low calories from RLF it's making the experience worse for me.

And there I thought it would only take 2-3 days 😅
I actually think the y will help a good bit. Strange that it makes you hungry tho as its supposed to (and for me does) the exact opposite.

Like resolve said, about a week should be enough to clear out the "junk" weight. It takes longer than you think just cuz you really dont deplete what everyone assumes even in a very "hard" workout (short of what a legit pro does)

danny2905

Awards
D7:

Weight: 75.6 - 73.8 - 72.9 - 72.5 -72.7 - 72.1 - 71.7

Workout day. Everything went as planned except for DL. Only managed 150kg 3 2 2 instead of 152.5kg 3x3. Mood was good. Just bored of chicken breast and now I'm starting to think of all the food I will get after this 😅

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
D7:

Weight: 75.6 - 73.8 - 72.9 - 72.5 -72.7 - 72.1 - 71.7

Workout day. Everything went as planned except for DL. Only managed 150kg 3 2 2 instead of 152.5kg 3x3. Mood was good. Just bored of chicken breast and now I'm starting to think of all the food I will get after this 😅
Spices are your best friend haha. Also maybe rotate the ways you make it just for some mini variety. Grilled, baked (with spices), instapot/shredded, etc.

Try not to focus so much on the weight lifted during this time and really work on intention and "feel" for the movements. You'll be plenty tired with even more reasonable weights when you really focus on form and squeeze/stretch

danny2905

Awards
D9

Weight: 75.6 - 73.8 - 72.9 - 72.5 -72.7 - 72.1 - 71.7 - 71.6 - 71.4

Today was more tired than usual. The thought of giving up started to creep in LOL

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
D9

Weight: 75.6 - 73.8 - 72.9 - 72.5 -72.7 - 72.1 - 71.7 - 71.6 - 71.4

Today was more tired than usual. The thought of giving up started to creep in LOL
just remember:

dont be a pussy haha

danny2905

Awards
just remember:

dont be a pussy haha
LOL exactly the kind of motivation that I need 😂

Yesterday night was rough I was so hungry that I couldn't sleep. Stayed up until 2AM and almost had a Snickers to curb the hunger. Good thing I went for the Diet Coke instead.

D10

Weight: 75.6 - 73.8 - 72.9 - 72.5 -72.7 - 72.1 - 71.7 - 71.6 - 71.4 - 71

One more freaking day!!! Per my calculation, the first day of my refeed I will be eating 1.2kg of white rice 😂 Heavennnnn~~~

danny2905

Awards
just remember:

dont be a pussy haha
LOL exactly the kind of motivation that I need 😂

Yesterday night was rough I was so hungry that I couldn't sleep. Stayed up until 2AM and almost had a Snickers to curb the hunger. Good thing I went for the Diet Coke instead.

D10

Weight: 75.6 - 73.8 - 72.9 - 72.5 -72.7 - 72.1 - 71.7 - 71.6 - 71.4 - 71

One more freaking day!!! Per my calculation, the first day of my refeed I will be eating 1.2kg of white rice 😂 Heavennnnn~~~

danny2905

Awards
D11:

Weight: 75.6 - 73.8 - 72.9 - 72.5 -72.7 - 72.1 - 71.7 - 71.6 - 71.4 - 71 - X - 69.9

Forgot to weigh yesterday and woke up to a big drop today. Took some photos today and gonna take some more tomorrow after the carb up. Now onto my refeed

danny2905

Awards
very noticeable difference. Partially just the lack of any bloat/fullness (in the abdomen mostly) but def some fat loss as definiton and vascularity are also more pronounced.
Thanks. What would be the most effective abs routine/exercises? I want to focus on chest and abs this upcoming bulk cycles (last cycle was back and I saw noticeable difference).

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks. What would be the most effective abs routine/exercises? I want to focus on chest and abs this upcoming bulk cycles (last cycle was back and I saw noticeable difference).
things you can go heavier and progress with just like any other muscle. Cable crunches, weighted situps/crunches, hanging leg raises (can add weight as needed). I personally think that adding a few "easier" exercises that you can REALLY feel helps to make sure you truly burn them out too... abs are meant to take a beating and recover super fast (go figure, you literally use them nearly 100% of the day just to be upright) so you can get nasty with them both from an intensity (go HARD) as well as a time (train them daily or nearly daily) perspective.

I usually try to pair a heavy exercise like cable crunches or weighted hanging leg raises with a "burnout" type exercise like swiss ball situps to hit them both with heavy weight and higher reps. I just add 3-4sets of each to the end of whatever workout I want. Typically I do them 2-4 days/week but if you have a block (say 4-8 weeks) you can give them a little break before and then train them 5-6days/week for that stretch before going back to a much less often setup.

saylee

saylee

Awards
11 days apart and 5.7kg difference

View attachment 198836
Great job man! I love the UD2 diet (during, not so much lol) i've done it a couple times to help me get ready for events. I would honestly say it helped me to get in the mindset for prep, (prep just drains me because it's usually longer than 6-8 weeks) the massive carbs definitely a saving grace lol.

I actually just started up again to get ready for a vacation in March. Keep at it man, you're putting in work.

danny2905

Awards
Great job man! I love the UD2 diet (during, not so much lol) I've done it a couple of times to help me get ready for events. I would honestly say it helped me to get in the mindset for prep, (prep just drains me because it's usually longer than 6-8 weeks) the massive carbs definitely a saving grace lol.

I actually just started up again to get ready for a vacation in March. Keep at it man, you're putting in work.
Do you keep a log? I'd love to follow your journey. I personally love UD2 more than RFL but I find that unless I have a lot of free time the complexity of the diet/training is just too much for me to handle (or maybe I just need to work on my time management lol).

danny2905

Awards
Just logged back in to say that I have started another bout of RFL. Started on Monday and currently on my third day. Doing CAT2 this time since I'm obv wayyy above 15%bf after all those holidays. Planning to do it for at least 3 weeks but no more than 4 weeks, with as few free meals/refeeds as possible.

Quick question, is it a bad idea to take ecstasy during this time? I have this event on Saturday, which ticket already paid for a month ago, that I plan on going with some friends (we'll prob roll). FYI before any of you freak out, I'm in Taiwan so it's safe to party. My plan for Sat is to work out in the afternoon, then go to the event at night, and then do a refeed the next day (which I hope might somewhat reverse the damage lol). Thoughts?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just logged back in to say that I have started another bout of RFL. Started on Monday and currently on my third day. Doing CAT2 this time since I'm obv wayyy above 15%bf after all those holidays. Planning to do it for at least 3 weeks but no more than 4 weeks, with as few free meals/refeeds as possible.

Quick question, is it a bad idea to take ecstasy during this time? I have this event on Saturday, which ticket already paid for a month ago, that I plan on going with some friends (we'll prob roll). FYI before any of you freak out, I'm in Taiwan so it's safe to party. My plan for Sat is to work out in the afternoon, then go to the event at night, and then do a refeed the next day (which I hope might somewhat reverse the damage lol). Thoughts?
same comment as before, just that you should expect it to hit you HARD since cals are low... otherwise, have fun ;)

danny2905

Awards
Quick update: it has been two weeks and the diet has been smooth sailing so far. No real hunger. Weight has been coming off steadily averaging about 2kgs/week. Strength has gone up a bit actually in the gym. Hopefully, I can stick with it for another two weeks.

I just have a concern, which seems to pop up every time I'm on my cut, which is about my hip bones. My shape is similar to the first photo. The hip bones protrude around my belly button giving me an hourglass shape. So I have basically given up on having a V-tape and have been researching for ways to make the hourglass shape less prominent. Ppl say that I should work on my back and mid delts, but, as long as my waist is still smaller than my hip bones, having a wider back would just make the hourglass figure sticks out even more, no? And the only logical way I could think of is getting my waist to be the same size as the hip bones (like pic 2&3). Basically from the lower insertion of my lat it goes straight down, instead of going inward, if you know what I mean. So my question is: What exercises would be most effective to add mass to fill up that area and at what frequency can I train my obliques?

Thanks in advance for any input guys.

Attachments

danny2905

Awards
Meal planning is also helpful
It's in Lyle's book The Rapid Fatloss. I just followed what he said in there. Worth a read.
For me personally, I only consume chicken breasts and protein shakes to keep things simple. It's a boring diet with not many choices of protein choices (of course, if you like white fish or have money to spend on shrimps, then it'd be better). For me though, I have found a simple cooking method for the chicken breasts so that I can have them every day.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Honestly the best thing you can do to “change” your shape is to add size everywhere. When you start packing on muscle, the bone structure gets buried a bit (especially something like hips). You need upper body mass (back chest shoulders) and some heavy blocky abs and you’ll never see those hip bones again.

All the pics of other you have have a ton more muscle all through their torso which is what makes their shape the way it is

danny2905

Awards
Honestly the best thing you can do to “change” your shape is to add size everywhere. When you start packing on muscle, the bone structure gets buried a bit (especially something like hips). You need upper body mass (back chest shoulders) and some heavy blocky abs and you’ll never see those hip bones again.

All the pics of other you have have a ton more muscle all through their torso which is what makes their shape the way it is
I understand that adding mass everywhere would help but given that I'm a natty, the amount of lean mass I can add every month is limited, I want to focus on the body part that would have the biggest impact on my physique (in this case, according to my logic, is the obliques).

For the past couple of months, what I have been doing, is that I would focus on two body parts (1 lower 1 upper, substantially increase volume and frequency) and the rest I train at maintenance volume. I would keep this schedule for about 1-1.5 month and then switch. With this training scheme, I have seen visible results in the parts that I focus on, compared to when I train every body parts equally and have the small amount of muscle mass added equally everywhere. With the latter it just takes much longer to see any changes.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I understand that adding mass everywhere would help but given that I'm a natty, the amount of lean mass I can add every month is limited, I want to focus on the body part that would have the biggest impact on my physique (in this case, according to my logic, is the obliques).

For the past couple of months, what I have been doing, is that I would focus on two body parts (1 lower 1 upper, substantially increase volume and frequency) and the rest I train at maintenance volume. I would keep this schedule for about 1-1.5 month and then switch. With this training scheme, I have seen visible results in the parts that I focus on, compared to when I train every body parts equally and have the small amount of muscle mass added equally everywhere. With the latter it just takes much longer to see any changes.
If you're only gonna focus on two body parts, its legs and back. These are FAR and away the biggest muscle groups and will do more for your whole body physique than anything. They will help build the other muscles by default (since they require some serious compound moves anyways) as well as burn way more cals having more muscle there. They also (simply due to size) have the most potential for growth in anyone.

danny2905

Awards
If you're only gonna focus on two body parts, its legs and back. These are FAR and away the biggest muscle groups and will do more for your whole body physique than anything. They will help build the other muscles by default (since they require some serious compound moves anyways) as well as burn way more cals having more muscle there. They also (simply due to size) have the most potential for growth in anyone.
The body parts got switched out after about 6 weeks. Before the diet I was focusing on Chest + Hams + Glutes, and my focus after the diet will be Quad + Back + Obliques. I like training this way because I can see improvements faster in the targeted muscle groups, plus I get to do new exercises every six weeks, which keeps the gym fun for me.

So yeah the same question still stands, any particular obliques exercises that would help me fill that hourglass gap fast, given I train with enough volume and frequency?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The body parts got switched out after about 6 weeks. Before the diet I was focusing on Chest + Hams + Glutes, and my focus after the diet will be Quad + Back + Obliques. I like training this way because I can see improvements faster in the targeted muscle groups, plus I get to do new exercises every six weeks, which keeps the gym fun for me.

So yeah the same question still stands, any particular obliques exercises that would help me fill that hourglass gap fast, given I train with enough volume and frequency?
Id suggest something like loaded carries with imbalanced weight (say a 45lb db on one side and a 70lb on the other). This will not only work your obliques, but the whole body so its a good double tap

P.brow17

P.brow17

Awards

Obviously I’m super late to this but this was a sick log bro. I ran 2.0 a few years back with insane results. Nowadays I always make a point to incorporate his fasted cardio protocols into my cutting cycle at a min