Looking for opinion on Carb timing.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
On a low carb high protein diet, What’s everyone’s opinion on when to eat carbs?

Still lifting of course, so workout days vs non workout days.

Typically I would eat them in morning none throughout the day and them carbs pre and post workout.

just looking for thoughts and opinions

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I do what you described, as well.

I lift around 1030PM, so on workout days I try to carb up around dinner time. Workout performance seems better, for sure.

On non-workout days, I try to consume most of my carbs in the morning.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I structure my carb intake to make sure I get the best performance in the gym.

I work out after one meal in the AM so I make my last meal of the day before high carb.

Then I continue the high carb with the first meal in the morning, some carbs intra, high carb in post workout meal and medium carbs in post-post workout meal.

Then I remove most carbs for the next two meals, before the last meal of the day that again is high carbs.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I structure my carb intake to make sure I get the best performance in the gym.

I work out after one meal in the AM so I make my last meal of the day before high carb.

Then I continue the high carb with the first meal in the morning, some carbs intra, high carb in post workout meal and medium carbs in post-post workout meal.

Then I remove most carbs for the next two meals, before the last meal of the day that again is high carbs.
I like this set up. I need to do better at limiting the carbs for my last meal(s). I workout in the morning after my first meal as well which is high carb.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like this set up. I need to do better at limiting the carbs for my last meal(s). I workout in the morning after my first meal as well which is high carb.
My first and last meal of the day are the only ones i eat at home, the rest is eaten at work. So its easy to limit everything because I just make the serving size i need and thats all i get!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My first and last meal of the day are the only ones i eat at home, the rest is eaten at work. So its easy to limit everything because I just make the serving size i need and thats all i get!
That's the beauty of meal prepping. It's great for restricting portion sizes.