Lee Haney Workout Split

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
Was thinking about starting Lee Haney's workout split. Iv always done bodyparts separate and once a week. his is 3 on 1 off. and your hitting everything in those 3 days. my only concern is if this type of workout only works if your on lots of steroids and natural bbuilders will risk overtraining and possibly lose mass, but iv also heard if your not concerned about strength then working out like this is really good for hypertrophy. heres the link http://www.leehaney.com/docs/On Three Off One Mass Builder Workout Program 1.pdf . let me know what you think

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
3 on 1 off wouldnt allow enough recovery for me...

lastchance

lastchance

Awards
Some natural bodybuilders work bodyparts twice a week you should look up Layne Nortons power/hypertrophy routine if you're interested in a routine for mass and strength

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
Some natural bodybuilders work bodyparts twice a week you should look up Layne Nortons power/hypertrophy routine if you're interested in a routine for mass and strength
except Layne Norton is as natural as Lee Haney lol. Thanks man it looks cool. i checked his out off simply shredded. I know some guys trying it out. I have a hard time doing full upper body though but i may give it a try. Have you ried it?

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
yea im gonna do it a while and see if ill need to change it up and have more rest. ill definately be having to make sure im taking in alot of calories
Ive done 2 on 1 off with success while bulking. I tried a 3 on 1 off for about 2-3 weeks and was just way too run down feeling. But, thats me and everyone is different, maybe it will work for you.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
except Layne Norton is as natural as Lee Haney lol. Thanks man it looks cool. i checked his out off simply shredded. I know some guys trying it out. I have a hard time doing full upper body though but i may give it a try. Have you ried it?
What makes you think Layne is unnatural?

Haney's routine would be good if looking for pure hypertrophy and your nutrition is adequate. It's not an insane amount of volume by an means compared to Arnold or Ronnie.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you're telling us Haney was natural?

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
no i was implying that layne norton is not natural haha. I personally dont think he is, but maybe

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
depends on your body and recovery times. i personally see greater benifit from 3 days between hitting certain muscles, longer on others. i'm doing the same basic split from arnold's book with a few minor modifications, chest+back, legs, shoulders +bi's+ tris, off, chest + back, legs, off (insteaad of shoulders bis tris again) off. seems to work well, im finding too much time between workouts and i lose strength. i'm yet to find a bulletproof plan to build mass on my arms but its definatly helped my chicken sticks that i call legs and my chest and back just keep getting thicker.

theres no set perfect way that works for everyone. experiment and find what helps you the best.

lastchance

lastchance

Awards
Yes when I was natural I would follow his routine. A few people told me it sounded like garbage but I actually got good results from it. If you're curious give it a shot

lastchance

lastchance

Awards
Yes when I was natural I would follow his routine. A few people told me it sounded like garbage but I actually got good results from it. If you're curious give it a shot

NonyaBidness

Awards
There's no real reason to repeat the same workout twice a week. An abbreviated first workout in the first 3 on group followed by a more extensive workout in the second 3 on should be fine. You'll just have to deal with being in the gym 6 days a week.

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
iv been doing it an so far pretty good results. dropped some bodyfat while still gaining muscle, mostly losing around my waist which is good. the first 3 cycles through it were tough but my body has adapted pretty well. Not great for strength, but i wasnt really concerned about that. im going to start my pmag in a couple weeks, and i think it will work really well withi this split.