Landmine Appreciation Thread

chunkymunkey

chunkymunkey

Awards
I'm currently waiting on my landmine to arrive so I can start using it in my home gym. Anyone else use them in here?

What are your favourite movements to perform? What do you think are the essentials or most effective landmine exercises?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I love mine. It has so many uses.

Adjustments.JPG

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
chunkymunkey

chunkymunkey

Awards
I love mine. It has so many uses.
That's awesome. What are your favourite exercises? I can see myself doing a lot of thrusters and I think reverse lunges into single arm press would be a great way to really engage your core. I think those kind of movements will really challenge me.

chunkymunkey

chunkymunkey

Awards
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Land Mine Press Pro Loc 2.png

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's awesome. What are your favourite exercises? I can see myself doing a lot of thrusters and I think reverse lunges into single arm press would be a great way to really engage your core. I think those kind of movements will really challenge me.
Squats, thrusts and even meadow rows

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I mostly use it for bent over rows, using the close grip low row attachment. Not only back work, but core and legs due to stabilizing the lifting position.
Single arm overhead presses, overhead/side to side twists (don't know the names), but not as often.
Been looking for a cheap way to get a wider grip on the rows. Thinking of taking a steel pipe and bending it in the shape of a mild V. :)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One of my favorite tools in the gym and the best part is that no one is ever using it, so I can get in 50% of my workout in one area. It is so versatile.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That would be the title of a cool "how to" book.
Lat M.JPG

My Pulldown / Row Machine I built is one of the pieces I am most proud of.