L-Carnitine

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone been on injectable l-carnitine for awhile, I have been on for three months now started with two weeks of loading now with a maintenance dose of 400mg. My question is dose it need to be re loaded at any point in time if you have been on it for awhile?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just got some in the mail. Haven't started it yet.

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What kind of results have you had with it ?
Vascularity, temperature increase, pump were all immediate in the loading phase sweating was increased as well. Long term effects pump always after dose increased recovery between sets and no doms. Libido seems to be increased as well more like a piece of steel as opposed to just a foam bat.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Anyone been on injectable l-carnitine for awhile, I have been on for three months now started with two weeks of loading now with a maintenance dose of 400mg. My question is dose it need to be re loaded at any point in time if you have been on it for awhile?
the whole purpose of loading is to get the body saturated, so even if it wasn't 'needed' if not using a toxic amount i could see bumping up dose for short term.

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the whole purpose of loading is to get the body saturated, so even if it wasn't 'needed' if not using a toxic amount i could see bumping up dose for short term.
Started at 800 now at 400 as a maintenance dose saturation usually takes place around two three weeks. Creatine has been know by some people to let’s say re load for what reasons I don’t know just wondering of Carnitine should be as well?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Started at 800 now at 400 as a maintenance dose saturation usually takes place around two three weeks. Creatine has been know by some people to let’s say re load for what reasons I don’t know just wondering of Carnitine should be as well?
i would only be guessing as creatine is one of the most researched compounds in bodybuilding. i for one wouldn't want to advise you on something there is little research in the way of safety on.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I agree with the @thebigt . I've noticed IM carn at 400 and the highest I went was 600 then took a break. The whole point of IM is to get way more out of carn without having to take toxic oral doses. Just run 400-600. When you plateau, maybe do a short burst and add 100mg. Always start with 400 , though.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
TMAO toxicity may have been overblown. Fish is high source of TMAO yet correlated with better health outcomes.

I have been taking 1-2 gms/day for about a month and have noted yes better libido, workout perf, erection quality. granted I was already eating a high carnitine diet (lots of red meat rich - both beef and lamb).

Leakydelts

Leakydelts

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Big fan of injectable carnitine but I do think most tend to run it a bit too low. 200 mg per 55 lbs of lean mass is the minimum to reap all of the benefits of carnitine.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Big fan of injectable carnitine but I do think most tend to run it a bit too low. 200 mg per 55 lbs of lean mass is the minimum to reap all of the benefits of carnitine.
Is that the loading phase or maintenance phase?

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is that the loading phase or maintenance phase?
From what I heard that is only the two week loading phase than half of that after. Chase irons has a YouTube video siting the supposed guru of l carnitine.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I watched that. I want to make what he has. 400mg/ml homebrew l-carnitine.

Vitruvian Man

Vitruvian Man

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
TMAO toxicity may have been overblown. Fish is high source of TMAO yet correlated with better health outcomes.

I have been taking 1-2 gms/day for about a month and have noted yes better libido, workout perf, erection quality. granted I was already eating a high carnitine diet (lots of red meat rich - both beef and lamb).
How are the fat loss effects

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree with the @thebigt . I've noticed IM carn at 400 and the highest I went was 600 then took a break. The whole point of IM is to get way more out of carn without having to take toxic oral doses. Just run 400-600. When you plateau, maybe do a short burst and add 100mg. Always start with 400 , though.
Fresh garlic or more specifically allicin can reduce tmao issues associated with carnitine. Carnitine can increase androgen receptors which is more a cause of muscle growth than test levels.

Leakydelts

Leakydelts

Awards
  • First Up Vote
After a 10 day loading period, I've been running a gram+ of Carnitine for 2 months now and I'm definitely noticing my anabolics are more efficient than they ever have been before. I'm running lower doses and getting better results, can't ask for more than that

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alex Kikel of Beast Fitness has said that, like creatine, you don’t actually need to load unless you just want to get the max benefits sooner. If money is no object go for it, but injectable carnitine is much pricier per day than creatine monohydrate and you will eventually arrive at saturation regardless of loading, assuming you are taking sufficient daily doses. It’s a long haul use drug, ideally.

Haven’t used it, but the opinion made sense to me so figured I’d share. If you believe that argument, then if you are using enough daily now you wouldn’t need a reload.

I did listen to his podcast this week discussing HRT for advanced FEMALES and he mentioned he has been using less with them, 75-200mg daily and finding the lower end of that to be pretty effective with most clients.

shannongeikie

shannongeikie

Awards
You shouldn’t need to load injectable l Carnitine just stay on 500mg a day, it’s also effective at up regulating androgen receptors effectively you’ll get a lot more out of your AAS if you use them