Unanswered Is it likely that liothyronine or levothyroxine can improve my PCT?

BigNerd

Awards
I'm thinking there must be a metabolic advantage here. I also realize I may be completely wrong. I'm just wondering if any of you guys (or ladies) may have some solid data, or even thoughts on this. My PCT is gonna be pretty basic: HCG. I usually use 250 per day-- too much or too little? It's worked great in the past at that dose-- then I add in my tamoxifen citrate-- so feel free to comment on dosage, frequency, and at what point in my PCT should I add tamoxifen Sometimes I'll even hit myself with GnRH, but I know that's not something to take lightly. I'm not looking to chemically castrate myself!

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm thinking there must be a metabolic advantage here. I also realize I may be completely wrong. I'm just wondering if any of you guys (or ladies) may have some solid data, or even thoughts on this. My PCT is gonna be pretty basic: HCG. I usually use 250 per day-- too much or too little? It's worked great in the past at that dose-- then I add in my tamoxifen citrate-- so feel free to comment on dosage, frequency, and at what point in my PCT should I add tamoxifen Sometimes I'll even hit myself with GnRH, but I know that's not something to take lightly. I'm not looking to chemically castrate myself!
Would say after one week of no pinning and on hcg you could start nolva at 50/50/25/25 or stretch that to 6wks if u want. Also, would save gnrh as a last ditch effort if hcg and Nolva dont get levels to where they need to be after 4-6wks. Of course you'll need bloods to confirm this if you still feel like ass. I've found in my earlier days that i liked tongkat ali durring pct as it just has that alpha feeling and is one of few herbs that actually does raise test. Bulbine can alsp be used and helpful if estro is a problem but usually u want estro in there so your body know to make test, all about the ratio according to your body. And hcg 250 eod was good for me but if you know ed is good then go ahead. Its not crazy high. I would stop hcg after week 3-4 as to not desenitize your system. I would also go from ed for first 10-14days to eod or e3d for second 10 days and then maybe 2 more shots every 7 days. But thats me. Always a progressive taper w everything as this is only to jumpstart your natural system, not replace it.

As for t3 or t4, all i can say is I love it. Imo if uts going to help you exercise then i say run it for a bit. Your thyroid and pituitary and balls are all running in close proximity of eachother so there very well may be some advantage of using a little t4 durring pct. I say t4 bc at least the body has to do some conversion. T3 again is just like trt for thyroid so I would stay away unless you know your body does nothing with it. Would use prolly 100mcg for 2-3wks and then 50 for a couple more so that the end of your pct lines up with end of thyroid bump to allow body to totally take over. This could mess things up further or possibly help. Only you know how fragile your different systems are. Imo if your thyroid is ok I wouldnt mess w it but that's bc i always had great body comp until mine crashed and hate sub q fat now. I highly doubt there is any hard literature out there on thyroid hormones in relation to pct but there may be some in regards to testosterone levels. Quick google search should turn it up.

Last edited:
chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
"Thyroid hormone is known to affect sex hormone-binding hormonal globulin (SHBG) concentrations. Men with hyperthyroidism have elevated concentrations of testosterone and SHBG. Thyroid hormone therapy in normal men may also duplicate this elevation."

That was hard. So yeah, seems like raising it durring pct would Not be a good idea bc although it may* raise test concentrations it will also raise shbg- which you dont want. So if one were to do it i would run all natty supps that can blunt shbg w light dose of t4. Just my over-winded 2c.

BigNerd

Awards
Thanks, that's a little closer to what I was looking for. I'm sure a couple of other users will chime in, eventually.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thanks, that's a little closer to what I was looking for. I'm sure a couple of other users will chime in, eventually.
No problem. I knew i remembered talking about using t3/t4 to get most out of try but you also have to use stinging nettle root and or proviron to get saud results. Was just conjecture but i can say now that i have done trt without thyroid hormone and with, I thoroughly enjoy with* much more and have gained size that i would have used nandrolone to get previously. So there is a relationship for sure. As for pct, I would think maybe a low dose t4 towards the end may help stimulate the body to put out the most test possible. Dial back the t4 a few weeks later and hope the test stays high? Idk. Up to you sir. All one big experiment. Would be cool to log w bloods thats for sure.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lower thyroid hormone levels lead to lower sex hormone levels. For example, if a woman has a TSH more than 2.5 she is considered to have a normal thyroid. But if a woman is pregnant and has a TSH of 2.6, they start her on synthroid because the risk of miscarriage is too great with a TSH at that level.

BigNerd

Awards
Interesting. But, wouldn't higher thyroid stimulating hormone suggest, possibly that the body is simply trying to make more thyroid hormone? I'll give you a for instance, and this is mostly speculative. I had a metabolic panel done one time. My TSH was high, but thyroid was normal. I simply added more iodine to my diet, and the next labs were normal.
If that's not clear, say so. I''ll expound upon that.

Helpmebrahs

Awards
Very good info Chem lol. Wish you would have told me that little info. Time for me to go cry in a corner and contemplate why people don't like me.