INJURY..........help

Bone

Awards
Hey bros,

My shoulder is screwed, and I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out #1 Whats the problem #2 How do I fix it.......................I dont know what I did to it but I cant touch my head without it hurting. The pain is between my front delt and my side delt. It doesnt hurt to the touch. The pain is definatly not going away. HELP!!!

Peace

Bone

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
#1 Whats the problem .....................
Bone
i dont think none of us could tell you exactly what the problem is. As you know, a shoulder/rotators injury the most sensitive joint to deal with as a lifter. (so many lifts incorporate and stress upon pulling/pushing with the help of your delt area) If thing has been a long deal, i would first and formost head to the doctors and get that checked up. Who knows what it could be...could range from a muscle tear, joint problem (the area you speak of can produce so many varieties of injuries man) if its a pain that only occur during stressful movements (you mentioned that it doesnt hurt when touched), than that leads me to believe its more a bone on bone or joint problem, and not a muscle tear if sine sort...which is good cuz even the slighest and smallest tear...you need surgery to not deal with it the rest of your life. However :)( ) your limited range of motion leans toward blaming a muscle injury....hopefully less severe than any type of a tear. Again, only way to fully know what it is, is to check up with your physician man. Good luck to yall. Sage

Bone

Awards
Bump for me.................Im starting to get worried!!! :(

Peace

Bone

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
First Im going to move this to the exercise science section, because injury questions are welcome there and you'll probably get more answers.

Second, On a scale of 1 to 10, whats your paint?
And an a scale of 1 to 10, whats your range of motion as compared bilaterally to the opposite shoulder?

First impression is rotator cuff to me.

Bone

Awards
Originally posted by YellowJacket
First Im going to move this to the exercise science section, because injury questions are welcome there and you'll probably get more answers.

Second, On a scale of 1 to 10, whats your paint?
And an a scale of 1 to 10, whats your range of motion as compared bilaterally to the opposite shoulder?

First impression is rotator cuff to me.
Well, the pain is about a 4 or 5.............its not bad to raise to the front or side, above my head hurts...............I cant rotate it from palm facing down to palm facing up w/o alot of pain..................THAT WORRIES ME!!

Peace

Bone

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Well having pain above your head also points to rotator cuff damage. You should see how many tennis players I treat for rotator cuff injuries, when they serve, the pain is unbearable, which ulitmately hampers the range of motion.

As far as the pronation and supanation of your palm, most of that occurs in the elbow, but if you mean your whole arm then that also points to a rotator cuff injury.

Its hard to conclude to etiology of an injury over the computer, one can only speculate. Since I can perform ROM tests or manual muscle tests, Im pretty much done. I can say that it sounds like a rotator cuff injury to be honest. Possibly just a mild strain, I dont know. If the pain persists, its crucial you see a doctor if you'd like to continue weight training.

Blindfaith

Awards
i agree with yj 100% but i would also suggest seeing a physio on this one...they will help you out and give you a better understanding of what your injury is and how serious it is and how long it will take to heal!

Bone

Awards
Thanks guys................the pain and range of motion is better then before, but it is still there. Im taking till after Christmas off.......................If the pain is still there Ill go see a doc ;) If not IM TRAINING!!!!! Thanks for the help guys!!

Peace

Bone

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
good to hear you taking the safe road and taking time off. seem like you got your priorities in line and with that frame of mind, you be back at it, hitting it hard in the gym again soon. hope everything goes well my friend. Sage