injectable L Carnitine

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey, I only recommended Chase’s educational videos on YouTube - idk what he’s talking about 🤷‍♂️
You can subscribe to his channel by hitting the “subscribe” icon. 🤣

offredjo

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for sharing you experiences.

Now I will be interested to hear how you like the product, ie PIP ???
@Rocket3015 so I’ve been using Chase Iron’s injectable l-carnitine for 3 days now and I am really enjoying it. It’s 600mg per ml and I do two injections (one in each shoulder for a total of 1,200mg of l-carnitine) 30 minutes pre workout and I do not get any pip and i sweat a ridiculous amount during my workout. I just ordered two more vials today since he is having a 30% off July 4th sale.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Rocket3015 so I’ve been using Chase Iron’s injectable l-carnitine for 3 days now and I am really enjoying it. It’s 600mg per ml and I do two injections (one in each shoulder for a total of 1,200mg of l-carnitine) 30 minutes pre workout and I do not get any pip and i sweat a ridiculous amount during my workout. I just ordered two more vials today since he is having a 30% off July 4th sale.
Good info, I am getting good results with just 200mg a day, I figure maybe you build up a tolerance to it ???

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am getting good results with 200mg a day, any reason I should step it up?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I checked out "Pinned Aminos" looks a little sketchy ??

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've been using AA for well over a year. Always legit
That what I got.

I have been ready over this thread again, I train fasted and I'm thinking I may want to try some simple carbs PWO ??

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
That what I got.

I have been ready over this thread again, I train fasted and I'm thinking I may want to try some simple carbs PWO ??
It's supposed to help out shuttle carbs into glycogen I guess...but I use it fasted plenty of the times

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's supposed to help out shuttle carbs into glycogen I guess...but I use it fasted plenty of the times
I believe I am going to tray and add some simple carb to intra EAA Drink.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you!
You’re welcome. Been using them for a handful of months after buying from Chase Irons previously. Better prices and more mgs for cheaper. L-Carnitine has added vascularity and energy to my workouts.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am getting good results with 200mg a day, any reason I should step it up?
What are you trying to get out of it? Raising the dose can slightly improve fat loss if you are in a deficit, and acutely can give a bit more drive in workouts.

I believe I am going to tray and add some simple carb to intra EAA Drink.
I thought you said doing this causes your blood sugar to radically dip? You were very adamant about this.

If you try it, keep some glucose tabs or a bottle of honey down in the Den of Iron with you if you start going clammy.

If you add carbs to your fasted workout, I would NOT increase carnitine dosage. The carbs will shift you out of a fat-burning state, so the increased transportation from extra carnitine will not be readily utilized. They are opposed to one-another. Only add one, more carnitine or intra carbs, and base that on whether you wish to gain muscle or lose fat as the priority.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What are you trying to get out of it? Raising the dose can slightly improve fat loss if you are in a deficit, and acutely can give a bit more drive in workouts.

I thought you said doing this causes your blood sugar to radically dip? You were very adamant about this.

If you try it, keep some glucose tabs or a bottle of honey down in the Den of Iron with you if you start going clammy.

If you add carbs to your fasted workout, I would NOT increase carnitine dosage. The carbs will shift you out of a fat-burning state, so the increased transportation from extra carnitine will not be readily utilized. They are opposed to one-another. Only add one, more carnitine or intra carbs, and base that on whether you wish to gain muscle or lose fat as the priority.
Fat loss is my goal.

You are 100% correct on the Hypoglycemia, but I was reading that the L-Carnitine will bind to fat and burn it, so my thought is that may prevent the rapid drop in blood sugar? Ita theory that I believe I need to explore. And yes I will have a back up plan aka snack close by. My two biggest fears when training, are going hypo and hamstring cramp, for me either one one these are very miserable, lucky for me it has been awhile since either one has happened.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Fat loss is my goal.

You are 100% correct on the Hypoglycemia, but I was reading that the L-Carnitine will bind to fat and burn it, so my thought is that may prevent the rapid drop in blood sugar? Ita theory that I believe I need to explore. And yes I will have a back up plan aka snack close by. My two biggest fears when training, are going hypo and hamstring cramp, for me either one one these are very miserable, lucky for me it has been awhile since either one has happened.
Then I would increase the carnitine and probably not add carbohydrates right now. You can add a bit more table salt to your preWO drink if you are worried about transport efficiency for the carnitine in the absence of insulin.

Remember your total day’s calories still matter just as much as ever. You can transport more fuel to burn in training more readily with more carnitine, but if you eat over maintenance during the day it will just refill fat stores you emptied in the morning’s training. The overall diet is still imperative for fat loss.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Then I would increase the carnitine and probably not add carbohydrates right now. You can add a bit more table salt to your preWO drink if you are worried about transport efficiency for the carnitine in the absence of insulin.

Remember your total day’s calories still matter just as much as ever. You can transport more fuel to burn in training more readily with more carnitine, but if you eat over maintenance during the day it will just refill fat stores you emptied in the morning’s training. The overall diet is still imperative for fat loss.
I have many things to think about ????

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think I remember hearing that L-Carnitine took long term to see the benefits and pretty minor right? I’m assuming it would likely not be worth it for me to try it out? I’m about 5-6 weeks into a cut and looking to lose another 8-10lbs or so. I’m already down about 13 from the beginning (my diet was real bad)

I guess it could always carry into my bulk afterwards. It seems like it’d be a *fairly* simple /cheap thing to home brew and run forever lol

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think I remember hearing that L-Carnitine took long term to see the benefits and pretty minor right? I’m assuming it would likely not be worth it for me to try it out? I’m about 5-6 weeks into a cut and looking to lose another 8-10lbs or so. I’m already down about 13 from the beginning (my diet was real bad)

I guess it could always carry into my bulk afterwards. It seems like it’d be a *fairly* simple /cheap thing to home brew and run forever lol
Your diet is going to be what determines your fat loss success.

It’s not a big effect, but it can make an icing on the cake difference longterm. The thing about it is that it makes your androgens more efficient, improves recovery slightly and it’s actually good for your health. So while it’s nothing like AAS, the only drawback at all is application - you need to pin it, frequently, longterm. So there’s an inconvenience factor and it technically increases your risk of an infection, compared to no shots, right?

Most everything else that increases muscle costs something, health-wise.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
You can make this yourself at home for a fraction of the cost. 250g of L-Carn from bulk supplements will run you $30. Dissolve in water, add a bit of BA and put it in sterile vials through a sterile filter. I find 0.9% sodium chloride irrigation solution to be the best value when making bac water. $12 shipped for a liter which will last a lifetime.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You can make this yourself at home for a fraction of the cost. 250g of L-Carn from bulk supplements will run you $30. Dissolve in water, add a bit of BA and put it in sterile vials through a sterile filter. I find 0.9% sodium chloride irrigation solution to be the best value when making bac water. $12 shipped for a liter which will last a lifetime.
I was looking at this, seems incredibly simple.

no need to “sterilize” the vial at the end? Similar to what you’d do for say, Mycology research?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was looking at this, seems incredibly simple.

no need to “sterilize” the vial at the end? Similar to what you’d do for say, Mycology research?
Not at all. If you've got sterile, sealed vials and you use a sterile filter, there will be very little contamination. What does get through will be mopped up by the BA. I've been doing homebrew for years and have yet to run into problems. I had more problems trusting shady sources. Even pharmaceutical vials don't get sterilized after filling.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your diet is going to be what determines your fat loss success.

It’s not a big effect, but it can make an icing on the cake difference longterm. The thing about it is that it makes your androgens more efficient, improves recovery slightly and it’s actually good for your health. So while it’s nothing like AAS, the only drawback at all is application - you need to pin it, frequently, longterm. So there’s an inconvenience factor and it technically increases your risk of an infection, compared to no shots, right?

Most everything else that increases muscle costs something, health-wise.
That’s fair, this is probably a stupid question and I can’t even think of an exact product to use in the scenario, but think of any natural anabolic out right now.. I’d imagine cost/serving is similar at around $1/day minus the loading phase maybe.

I guess I’m trying to see just how minor the effects are, assuming diets correct in either direction and training is good, and you run it long enough.

It’s obviously less effective than AAS by a long shot, but compared to anything natural - epicatechin, Ursa Major, Anabolic Effect is it more effective, less, similar?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
You can also homebrew AAS. A finished 10ml 250mg vial of Test is roughly $2-4 worth of raw powder. Maybe you'll use $3 worth of supplies to make it. Easily blast for less than $1/day and cruise for pennies. Plus, you know WTF you're getting.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I started to notice increased vascularity after 1-2 weeks, I love it! I am about 60 days in at 200mg a day.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s fair, this is probably a stupid question and I can’t even think of an exact product to use in the scenario, but think of any natural anabolic out right now.. I’d imagine cost/serving is similar at around $1/day minus the loading phase maybe.

I guess I’m trying to see just how minor the effects are, assuming diets correct in either direction and training is good, and you run it long enough.

It’s obviously less effective than AAS by a long shot, but compared to anything natural - epicatechin, Ursa Major, Anabolic Effect is it more effective, less, similar?
It’s way more obvious in effect than those, acutely. You pin that stuff immediately preWO with some carbs, you’ll see a difference in sweating, endurance, pumps.

Longterm, that’s hard to compare. I mean you can put a guy on a cycle of a methyl designer steroid and he may not look much different afterwards. Happens all the time. How are you going to correlate l-carnitine? This is a subtle thing that can make a positive difference when you look at pictures 6 months later.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
If I go overboard on carbs from time to time, I'll do 800mg...I definitely feel like it keeps the blost away the next day

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It’s way more obvious in effect than those, acutely. You pin that stuff immediately preWO with some carbs, you’ll see a difference in sweating, endurance, pumps.

Longterm, that’s hard to compare. I mean you can put a guy on a cycle of a methyl designer steroid and he may not look much different afterwards. Happens all the time. How are you going to correlate l-carnitine? This is a subtle thing that can make a positive difference when you look at pictures 6 months later.
Good comparison, thank you!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not to steal the threads purpose but looking at pinned website, there’s tons of vitamin blends.

Any other good stuff for any type of purpose? Hangovers, cold, etc?

Last edited:

Mr Green

Awards
Not to steal the threads purpose but looking at pinned website, there’s tons of vitamin blends.

Inj b12 is great for hangovers.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Glutathione is great for immune support, and liver & kidney health.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Check out Chase Irons YouTube channel, some good vids on carnitine use.
I just check out his web site and watched a few You Tube Videos, very informative and I suggest anyone looking for more information to check them out!

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have been intrested for awhile and just orderd some. I have 29 gauge insulin pins. For the guys running the 600mg/ml are you have long any problems drawing it. Just seeing if I should order a bigger gauge.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have been intrested for awhile and just orderd some. I have 29 gauge insulin pins. For the guys running the 600mg/ml are you have long any problems drawing it. Just seeing if I should order a bigger gauge.
You should be fine, it just takes patients.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Most people are drawing with a larger gauge pin (22) and then swapping out for a smaller pin. You can get 29 and 30 gauge tips and not have to use an insulin syringe but most people will find a 25 or 27 gauge is perfect for injecting. You need to go deep and those slin pins are not long enough. 1inch preferably IMHO. But everyone is different.

htlindsey

Awards
I’m very familiar with how to use injectable l-carnitine. I’m looking for a source of high quality since Amino Asylum’s quality has been getting worse and worse!
Lcarnitinedepot.store they have only the 500mg/ml dosage in atm but they usually carry 200 and 400mg on a regular basis

Kingofasrun

Awards
Got my order of L-Carnitine from Chase Irons and the vial was cracked and all the liquid leaked out. I emailed Chase Irons and he responded within minutes and sent me out a replacement vial the same day. He has really great customer service!
On the other hand I emailed Amino Asylum about the issues I had with their injectionable l-carnitine and they were very defensive about it. When I asked for 3rd party test results confirming their l-carnitine was indeed what they claim it to be, here is the response I got from them:

“No, we don't have them.... we had a customer test the 600 - thats what I was telling you. The process never changes and has been the same
for almost 4 years. You don't have bad product, feel free to send it off for testing and we would gladly reimburse you for it”

All I’ll say is I am done with Amino Asylum. I will never purchase from them again.
I've never had an issue with AA, and they are backed by many pro's. Nobody cares if you stop using AA you sound like a crybaby.AA knows his **** is legit, that's why he told you to get it tested. Wahhhhh wahhh

Kingofasrun

Awards
It is so fucking cheap to produce, why would the quality fade. Some people's kids