Improving mind muscle connection

AnabolicPitbull

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi folks. I'm gonna cut right to the chase.
My left arm (bicep & tricep specifically) is noticeably smaller than my dominant arm. I've always felt my right arm more. It is the arm I use for most everything and just sitting here without lifting them or looking I can tell you they are un even. When I work out my Mind Muscle Connection with my right arm is so much better that it pumps fuller too. In the past after a workout I will almost exclusively look at and pose my right arm, feeling the swelling and noticing the vascularity.
I think that if I spend more time looking at my smaller arm, my non dominant left that maybe I can improve the connection to the muscles and make them grow at a proportionate rate to my right.
For now I am frustrated my left arm isnt as responsive.
I'm not just making this post to say "my arms are un even" but I am noticeably more aware of how my right arm feels and what it is doing. The rest of my body is growing proportionately.

Any advice how I can improve a specific body parts Mind Muscle Connection?

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On a day that's away from an arm day, use a light weight and do very high reps. I've had your problem in the past, and this is what helped me.
For example, do 4 sets of 50 reps bicep curls and 4 sets of 50 reps tricep pressdowns for just your less connected arm. Look, focus and watch the muscle as it works, contracts, stretches and swells.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I close my eyes when I lift. It really helps me visualize the muscle in my mind rather than seeing it in reality.