Hey guys i was wondering if anyone had a good split that would allow me to hit each muscle group twice? I'm assuming the most common answer would be a p/p/l type routine but was looking for any other options! ThanksAlso new to the forum so i hope i posted this in the correct part
I do:
Chest/ Back/ Arms &
Legs/ Shoulders/ Core twice per week.
3-4 exercises per muscle group (6-8 per week), varying exercises and angles and manipulating volume, advanced overload sets and intensity.
Works a charm
i'm always up for something new and different, would you mind posting an example day for chest/back/arms? i love high volume so sounds like fun
PHAT is a proven program that works for your purposes.
I do 5/3/1 with Dave Tate's periodization as assistance work (assistance work is 5 sets per exercise 10-20 reps)
M- bench (horizontal push/pull)
T-deadlift (hammies and PC)
Th- OHP (vertical push/pull)
F- squat (quad unilateral work)
It's a nice balance of frequency and volume
I do 5/3/1 with Dave Tate's periodization as assistance work (assistance work is 5 sets per exercise 10-20 reps)
M- bench (horizontal push/pull)
T-deadlift (hammies and PC)
Th- OHP (vertical push/pull)
F- squat (quad unilateral work)
It's a nice balance of frequency and volume
For the past month ive been slowly increasing cals each week trying to lean bulk (working with a coach) but my ultimate goal is to put on lean mass first, not necessarily trying to focus on getting overall stronger, id like some input though, whether its phat or if i do PPL there are days that just focus on strength, a while back i hurt my shoulder and havent been able to or felt comfortable doing any type of pressing with a barbell and the only db type movements that feel really good are arnold presses and db flyes, so my question is on the strength days no matter what program, would i still be alright doing a 5x5 or something on like the flat or incline hammer strength? those dont put pressure on my shoulder like db's or bb
Good advice. I'll try this workout. Thanks Matthew.You can try the Arnold blueprint. It's a fun workout with a lot of variation. I'd also recommend HST if you want something. Science based and straight forward.
Good advice. I'll try this workout. Thanks Matthew.
Hey guys i was wondering if anyone had a good split that would allow me to hit each muscle group twice? I'm assuming the most common answer would be a p/p/l type routine but was looking for any other options! ThanksAlso new to the forum so i hope i posted this in the correct part