How often do you train your abs?

BeefPlanet

BeefPlanet

Awards
A few weeks ago I started training my abs every day. Do you think it's too much and should I continue?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This highly dependent on who you ask and what approach you wanna take. I’m in a fat loss phase now, and I’m two weeks into working with a coach. Absolutely no cardio or ab training, which most would scoff at. Its working profoundly, but that’s not to say other approaches don’t also work.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A few weeks ago I started training my abs every day. Do you think it's too much and should I continue?
That depends can you see your abs right now, or do they still have a layer of fat on them. Cause it doesnt matter how much you work them, if there is still a layer of fat. Abs are made in the kitchen not the gym.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if you do cardio the best time to do abs is immediately after cardio, at least this is what works best for me.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do weighted ab work on lower body days and body weight ab work on upper body days. I don’t destroy them either. I work them quick and hard enough to stimulate the muscle to a moderate degree

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do weighted ab work on lower body days and body weight ab work on upper body days. I don’t destroy them either. I work them quick and hard enough to stimulate the muscle to a moderate degree

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Too much is going to be impossible to answer without context of your training, goals, etc.

In general you can train pretty much anything every day given the intensity, volume, and approach is properly planned, but doesn't mean that is optimal either.

I personally do the majority of my training with some pretty taxing compound lifts, but I'll have some dedicated work for "Core" at various times of the week with varying intensities and volumes depending on my current training plan.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
never .. but then again .. what is abs ?lol

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is more or less what I do as well. I do it a couple of times a week and just at the end since they get worked on other movements.

redtrek

Awards
  • First Up Vote
When I'm keeping up, it will be at least twice a week. One workout will be endurance, like the typical nonstop ab workout video. Another will be traditional hypertrophy, up to 15 reps repeated over a few sets, reaching hard failure.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do them 3 times a week and the last month or so ive added vacuum exercises at the end of every workout.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
When I'm keeping up, it will be at least twice a week. One workout will be endurance, like the typical nonstop ab workout video. Another will be traditional hypertrophy, up to 15 reps repeated over a few sets, reaching hard failure.
This is a year old thread.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do abs every other day.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lots of people say they don’t need directly trained and I say bullshit. And look better when I train them but like everybody I do it for awhile and slack off.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know yourself better than anyone and yes you can every day if you are able and it contributes part of your goal.