Help me decide on equipment

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok guys I wanna pick up a piece for my basement. I’d love a leg press but that isn’t making into the house or down the basement. Something for lower body or back is where my heads at. Gimme some suggestions!!!
@Hyde @Renew1

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
‘Landmine’ and V handle for T-bar rows

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have a Leg Press in my basement, you just have to dissemble it to get it in the house and down the stairs ! When I die the kids have to get it out, No Problem..............

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A sissy squat provides a great quad stimulus

compact ghd for posterior chain

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How about those vertical leg press machines? They have a smaller profile.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was thinking about it. Some cheap ones on Craigslist. You ever used one? I haven’t
Yes sir, I sure have. One thing I noticed is that I can't use as much weight on a vertical leg press compared to a regular (45 degree) leg press machine. Probably because of gravity. Also if you have a big gut, it could hamper your vertical leg press movement. Other than that, it's an excellent machine for leg development.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes sir, I sure have. One thing I noticed is that I can't use as much weight on a vertical leg press compared to a regular (45 degree) leg press machine. Probably because of gravity. Also if you have a big gut, it could hamper your vertical leg press movement. Other than that, it's an excellent machine for leg development.
We had one back in High School, I liked it !

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was thinking about it. Some cheap ones on Craigslist. You ever used one? I haven’t
I made a foot-plate that clamps to my Smith-Machine bar, and I use that for vertical leg presses.
You can get a good leg workout with it. I go easy as it seems to stretch the lower back more than the normal angled version.
And yes, less weight is normally used as its straight up and down, and not at an angle. Most people in gyms load them (the normal angled ones) up and do 1/2 reps (ego lifting). Titan has the vertical for 350.00. Their stuff can be hit or miss, but Ive had good luck w/ them. (SSB, Muti-Grip bar, Log bar, Reverse Hyper, etc). I heard they take things back no problem if unhappy. (Shipping is always free, even returns).

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I made a foot-plate that clamps to my Smith-Machine bar, and I use that for vertical leg presses.
You can get a good leg workout with it. I go easy as it seems to stretch the lower back more than the normal angled version.
And yes, less weight is normally used as its straight up and down, and not at an angle. Most people in gyms load them (the normal angled ones) up and do 1/2 reps (ego lifting). Titan has the vertical for 350.00. Their stuff can be hit or miss, but Ive had good luck w/ them. (SSB, Muti-Grip bar, Log bar, Reverse Hyper, etc). I heard they take things back no problem if unhappy. (Shipping is always free, even returns).
Thank you

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Titan Leg Press.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Once it’s back stock I think I’ll buy it. I think this is my best with the limited space. I can fit this and the reverse hyper and be set
I'm trying in my head to figure where I could but one.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
'ThighMaster'? Suzanne Somers wins honors ... most successful fitness products ever sold, with more than $100 million in sales
Well you can't deny that Suzanne Somers had great thighs. At that time of course.