Helios and Resveros questions

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hello, I just started utilizing Helios a few days ago. I've started at 0.5 ml twice daily. What is the expected effective duration of each treatment of these topicals? Is it beneficial to split dose a few times a day or would taking the entire dose all at once be sufficient to last the entire day?

What is the recommended dose of Resveros? I intend to incorporate this as part of my supplement stack to battle a peripheral neuropathy issue I've been dealing with recently.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have the HelioPlex version and find applying once a day is all I need. Sorry I have no experience with Resveros.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
once a day is fine, twice a day would have more effects. I'd say they both last at least 3-4 hours (before washing them off would have no effect)

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
once a day is fine, twice a day would have more effects. I'd say they both last at least 3-4 hours (before washing them off would have no effect)
3-4 hours for full absorption sounds reasonable, but I'm more wondering how long these products are active in the body after application. Hopefully somebody from Apex Alchemy sees this at some point and can chime in for clarification.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
for resveros you can expect a 2-5 hour half life when repeat dosing, Curcumin clears the the body quite fast, 2-3 hrs after oral ingestion. these are not equal when comparing topical administration as it was said earlier, it takes several hours to absorb into the blood stream, vastly changing the "length of half life"

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
for resveros you can expect a 2-5 hour half life when repeat dosing, Curcumin clears the the body quite fast, 2-3 hrs after oral ingestion. these are not equal when comparing topical administration as it was said earlier, it takes several hours to absorb into the blood stream, vastly changing the "length of half life"
This ^

There is an intrinsic time release aspect to TD administration.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This ^

There is an intrinsic time release aspect to TD administration.
Do you think twice daily application is sufficient for keeping product in the blood stream or would more be better, like 3 times per day?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you think twice daily application is sufficient for keeping product in the blood stream or would more be better, like 3 times per day?
I think 1-2 applications per day is plenty. That being said, there would be no harm in splitting it up even more but it may be inconvenient and not strictly necessary.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think 1-2 applications per day is plenty. That being said, there would be no harm in splitting it up even more but it may be inconvenient and not strictly necessary.
Thanks for the assistance. What is a good starting dose for Resveros? Would 1.0 ml total per day likely be effective or should I likely be using more?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks for the assistance. What is a good starting dose for Resveros? Would 1.0 ml total per day likely be effective or should I likely be using more?
For peripheral neuropathy? I'm not sure, TBH. Is there data on using regular resveratrol for this purpose? I'll try to see what I can find but this may be a situation where you should just start with a small amount and adjust as needed.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@max silver how often do you have pain ?

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For peripheral neuropathy? I'm not sure, TBH. Is there data on using regular resveratrol for this purpose? I'll try to see what I can find but this may be a situation where you should just start with a small amount and adjust as needed.
The initial post reads like I'm looking for a neuropathy specific dose recommendation for Resveros for neuropathy purposes, but I'm more after a good starting dose for more general purposes. There is very little information available on the package for how much to actually use.

I haven't come across any human dosing information for resveratol with regards to neuropathy, it seems only mouse and rat based studies are available. I've seen a large range of doses used, with as high as 200 mg/kg in rat studies to bring about rapid change in nerve regeneration.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@max silver how often do you have pain ?
I don't really have pain, my issues are more with tingling and numbness, particularly in my feet and hands. I've made very good improvements over the last month or so and am just looking for more potential angles with which to tackle this issue.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The initial post reads like I'm looking for a neuropathy specific dose recommendation for Resveros for neuropathy purposes, but I'm more after a good starting dose for more general purposes. There is very little information available on the package for how much to actually use.

I haven't come across any human dosing information for resveratol with regards to neuropathy, it seems only mouse and rat based studies are available. I've seen a large range of doses used, with as high as 200 mg/kg in rat studies to bring about rapid change in nerve regeneration.
from personal resveros use and my GF using it, you should feel calming/relaxing effects from 1ml. everyone is different though. I usually run 2ml because I have a lot of this stuff. the BOGO sales really make it easy to dose up. after using Apex for a while, I usually do arm or shin applications. for the arms I do 1ml each shoulder and rub it in with the opposite forearm. for shins, I drop it on the shin and rub it in with the opposing calf

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would start out with one pump to each effected area, Just my two cents.................

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would start out with one pump to each effected area, Just my two cents.................
I am under the impression this topical is more of a systemic type of topical rather than localized so it might not matter much if I were to do more localized applications. These bottles use a dropper rather than a pump, I wonder what a full pump would work out to compared to applications using the dropper?

I've started out at 0.5 ml twice daily with Resveros to assess effects. I've recently started using a fairly high salidroside concentration containing rhodiola supplement within the last week and that is having a very pronounced effect on my energy levels and mood, so I might have a hard time discerning what type of effects I am feeling from Resveros. For what it's worth this is exactly how I've been dosing Helios so far at 0.5 ml twice daily, and within a few days of use I could already feel it really working to reduce my aches and pains. I am dealing with the remnants of an intercostal/upper abdominal injury as well as tennis elbow in my right forearm, and it's doing a fantastic job taking the edge off of the lingering pain from both of those injuries very nicely. I've been using Micellar curcumin for several months in a row and could notice the difference in this version of curcumin basically within the first day of use. That is very impressive to say the least.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
from personal resveros use and my GF using it, you should feel calming/relaxing effects from 1ml. everyone is different though. I usually run 2ml because I have a lot of this stuff. the BOGO sales really make it easy to dose up. after using Apex for a while, I usually do arm or shin applications. for the arms I do 1ml each shoulder and rub it in with the opposite forearm. for shins, I drop it on the shin and rub it in with the opposing calf
I initially started using upper body applications for Helios, but found that I didn't really care for the smell. I find that lower body applications tend to hide the smell a little bit better so I've opted for using shins, calves, hamstrings and behind my knees as application spots. I'm naturally pretty damn hairy so I grabbed the clippers to do some quick weed wacking on my legs so that the hair wouldn't end up absorbing all of the topical goodness.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I initially started using upper body applications for Helios, but found that I didn't really care for the smell. I find that lower body applications tend to hide the smell a little bit better so I've opted for using shins, calves, hamstrings and behind my knees as application spots. I'm naturally pretty damn hairy so I grabbed the clippers to do some quick weed wacking on my legs so that the hair wouldn't end up absorbing all of the topical goodness.
for Helios you want to apply it to the area you want it to help. I usually put it directly on my knees, elbows, or abdomen

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
for Helios you want to apply it to the area you want it to help. I usually put it directly on my knees, elbows, or abdomen
I've found it has a very pronounced systemic effect for me. I've been applying to my chest initially but was finding pain relief all over, including my elbows.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Helios has been reported by many to have localized effects, but it Definitely works systemically as well

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Helios has been reported by many to have localized effects, but it Definitely works systemically as well
It does sound like based on Kronic's suggestion and yours as well I may benefit from applying some locally to some of my trouble spots to obtain both the localized benefits and then I'll also continue to obtain the systemic benefits as well.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It does sound like based on Kronic's suggestion and yours as well I may benefit from applying some locally to some of my trouble spots to obtain both the localized benefits and then I'll also continue to obtain the systemic benefits as well.
i couldnt hurt~ but yea, if the smell is better for you when applying to the lower extremities, have at it. It still works great~!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was thinking about this last night, I have not applied any to my lower back, but my lower back pain is less than normal, time to go do some squats!!