Unanswered Have to take a 10-day break from DHB+Anavar -- how to proceed?

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I've been running a cycle of DHB+Anavar for almost exactly 2.5 wks and had to undergo a minor procedure earlier today. The doctor doesn't want me to do any kind of exercise except walking for 10 days.

Obviously, I'm really disappointed since I had frontloaded the DHB and was just now noticing it start to kick in, but it is what it is.

How would you guys recommend proceeding? Should I just keep taking the DHB+Anavar even though I won't be able to work out for about a week and a half? Or is it better to stop taking the AAS for now, take
Nolvadex, and start back up when I'm able to work out again?

Thanks

@Old Witch @Chados @Mattheson

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Unless you’re on a blood thinner, just keep taking it. It’s 10 days...

You’ll fare better for muscle retention on vs off.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Or... well, what drugs did they give you if any for pain, inflammation, flying monkeys, etc.?

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@Old Witch no drugs at all. However, I had to have a hematoma under my chin drained (had chin surgery in late March). I'm wondering if the AAS could have caused the hematoma since I know that both DHB and Anavar (and DHB especially) cause an increase in RBC production, and because I wasn't showing symptoms of having a hematoma prior to starting my cycle.

I did a Google search to see if AAS can cause hematomas after surgery but didn't really find anything specific to that, so maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s just coincidence, though AAS also decrease platelet binding, so while they raise HCT they also are anti coagulant. This is why men can be above range and still alive. Clotting factors are reduced. However one is still at high risk.

Back to the topic, there’s a small chance the AAS having reduced clotting factors and increased RBC could have contributed to it.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s just coincidence, though AAS also decrease platelet binding, so while they raise HCT they also are anti coagulant. This is why men can be above range and still alive. Clotting factors are reduced. However one is still at high risk.

Back to the topic, there’s a small chance the AAS having reduced clotting factors and increased RBC could have contributed to it.
@Old Witch thanks for the info. So in that case, do you think I should just lay off the AAS until next week at least? My next DHB injection is scheduled for this Friday but I'm thinking about pushing it back to Monday or possibly even later, just to avoid giving myself another hematoma (assuming the AAS could have contributed).

Regarding the Anavar, it's kind of ironic because there are actually several studies being conducted to see if Anavar use could actually help with post-surgery recovery, so I'm not sure if I should stop taking it or keep taking it.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Old Witch thanks for the info. So in that case, do you think I should just lay off the AAS until next week at least? My next DHB injection is scheduled for this Friday but I'm thinking about pushing it back to Monday or possibly even later, just to avoid giving myself another hematoma (assuming the AAS could have contributed).

Regarding the Anavar, it's kind of ironic because there are actually several studies being conducted to see if Anavar use could actually help with post-surgery recovery, so I'm not sure if I should stop taking it or keep taking it.
If anything I’d stop the anavar for a few days. I doubt it was the cause.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If anything I’d stop the anavar for a few days. I doubt it was the cause.
Yeah, I think I will. Of course, I already injected my most recent DHB dose a few days ago, so I guess there's nothing I can do about that.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think it's a bad idea to continue rather than coming of just to get back on. Most injectibles will not make a significant change before the 4th to 6th week anyways, sometimes even later.

Take tren as an example, week 1-4 you might see slight changes but weeks 6-10 is where you go (what happened to my body?)

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don't think it's a bad idea to continue rather than coming of just to get back on. Most injectibles will not make a significant change before the 4th to 6th week anyways, sometimes even later.

Take tren as an example, week 1-4 you might see slight changes but weeks 6-10 is where you go (what happened to my body?)
Also what happened to my hair?!? (If you are MPB probe)

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also what happened to my hair?!? (If you are MPB probe)

Thankfully I'm not, my dad is but my mom's side has thick hair and it seems more common you'll get it from there. I have really thick hair and it doesn't seem to change :)

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thankfully I'm not, my dad is but my mom's side has thick hair and it seems more common you'll get it from there. I have really thick hair and it doesn't seem to change :)
Luckyyyyyy

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yeah I had to go with the transplant :/

J

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If i start going bald im gonna go full on mr clean with it.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You actually had the implants done? Was your hair loss steroid related?
Yeah I had 4,000 FUE drafts done. I had hair loss long before steroids.... but steroids sped it up a lot

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Right there^
Just take a slightly smaller dose maybe and keep letting those blood levels stably rise. No need to waste the Anavar though. There’s almost nothing that would make me stop an injectable unless it was major surgery and even then a cruise dose so I don’t atrophy too terribly after.
I’ve had knee surgery and admitted to the Doctor I was on 600 test a week, and he shrugged and said “cool, let’s get this thing started”

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right there^
Just take a slightly smaller dose maybe and keep letting those blood levels stably rise. No need to waste the Anavar though. There’s almost nothing that would make me stop an injectable unless it was major surgery and even then a cruise dose so I don’t atrophy too terribly after.
I’ve had knee surgery and admitted to the Doctor I was on 600 test a week, and he shrugged and said “cool, let’s get this thing started”

Haha the doctor sounds cool, did you actually tell him the amount?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha the doctor sounds cool, did you actually tell him the amount?
Ya. Last minute I signed a waiver that said something about Anabolic steroids and anesthesia, so I fessed up worried something might go wrong, but I think it’s not significant or only specific to maybe just one kind because he couldn’t have been less concerned.

B

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I had 4,000 FUE drafts done. I had hair loss long before steroids.... but steroids sped it up a lot
Bro how old are you? Cuz I noticed mine has thinned at the top a bit but definitely think from elevated DHT from long term test use. I have propecia from my TRT doc but I’m on the fence wether to use it or not.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ya. Last minute I signed a waiver that said something about Anabolic steroids and anesthesia, so I fessed up worried something might go wrong, but I think it’s not significant or only specific to maybe just one kind because he couldn’t have been less concerned.

Ah got you. There are people that can't take anestishia at all. One girl I believe a famous girl that's fighting in mma or something fell in to a coma because of it. Scary stuff if steroids could give any sort of side effect

J

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ah got you. There are people that can't take anestishia at all. One girl I believe a famous girl that's fighting in mma or something fell in to a coma because of it. Scary stuff if steroids could give any sort of side effect
I’ve never dig into drug interactions, but I’ve heard some female contraceptives can increase caffeine tolerance or something. There’s definitely a potential for hormones to affect drug metabolism, but I won’t even attempt to speculate on it.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve never dig into drug interactions, but I’ve heard some female contraceptives can increase caffeine tolerance or something. There’s definitely a potential for hormones to affect drug metabolism, but I won’t even attempt to speculate on it.

It's beyond my knowledge too, people responds very differently to everything.