Have i lost weight or water Weight?

tooty

tooty

Awards
So I've been exercising (zumba etc) and doing resistance band training since 14th April and I have also done many food swaps etc. I have some pictures below and I'm just wondering if this is fat loss or water Weight and how can you usually tell if it's water weight vs fat lost?

I'm happy I'm seeing a slight change. I went from doing nothing for years to going beast mode. i took a pic on Monday 19th April and nothing had changed. until today. Friday 23 April.

The black shorts are before I started and the camo pink shorts are the ones I took today. camo shorts are slightly tighter than the black. in both pictures i fully relax my stomach.
i stupidly used a smooth filter in my first photos.
thanks guys appreciate all the help so far xxx

Attachments

Last edited:
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
from pictures its 100% impossible to tell... My suggestion: just keep doing what you're doing (as it's clearly working) and let the body do what it does! All progress is good progress, especially at the early stages of a diet (who doesn't wanna see quick results regardless of where they came from!)

Keep pushing, keep dropping the weight, and enjoy the benefits of not only a tighter physique but the added energy, confidence, and overall well-being that come with it!

tooty

tooty

Awards
from pictures its 100% impossible to tell... My suggestion: just keep doing what you're doing (as it's clearly working) and let the body do what it does! All progress is good progress, especially at the early stages of a diet (who doesn't wanna see quick results regardless of where they came from!)

Keep pushing, keep dropping the weight, and enjoy the benefits of not only a tighter physique but the added energy, confidence, and overall well-being that come with it!
Thank u very much, really Appreciate the support. You're right tho lol if I dnt see results I end up worrying it's not working. I'll keep going and in a months time there should be somewhat a noticeable difference right? All being well. I'm hoping for the noticeable change, because its validating im doing something right i guess Xxx

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thank u very much, really Appreciate the support. You're right tho lol if I dnt see results I end up worrying it's not working. I'll keep going and in a months time there should be somewhat a noticeable difference right? All being well. I'm hoping for the noticeable change, because its validating im doing something right i guess Xxx
Yep I know this to be painfully accurate haha. My wife is exactly the same and always wants to start her diets with a massive “crash diet” to get some dramatic results quickly to help motivate her. It’s just a terrible idea in the long term though because she can’t transition from “crash” calories and foods back to “normal” diet foods without feeling guilty and like she’s now eating too much. DONT DO THAT haha.

Take measurements too because sometimes you just end up looking at the mirror and scale TOO often and don’t notice changes that really are there (like seeing your hair grow day to day). Measure every few weeks or so and you’ll see the results. The laws of physics are on your side of you really are doing the work ;)