Gotta drop 2.5kg (about 5 pounds) in the next 24 days

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys I'm a mixed martial artist and currently need to drop that amount in order to fit in my weight class, its an amateur tournament therefore the weight is checked 2 hours before the fighting (no heavy depletion followed from 24 hours all you can eat/drink).

My concern is about keeping as much muscle as possible and more importantly explosive strenght and stamina, all my rounds will be 4 minutes each but dont know yet how many since the data for the tournament is not made yet.

I just cut any junk food and alchool, I'm not eating pasta, pizza or anything unhealthy for that purpose.

I train every day (mon-tue-thu-fri-sat) its MMA with at least a couple of them being demanding in terms of energy, stamina and both aerobic and anaerobic.

On wednesday I'm lifting weights to keep my strenght (its basically a full body routine with 3 sets of 5 with high weights) while on sunday I rest.

Im supplementing bcaa before mid day trainings (about 2 pm) and some light dose of stimulant (1/3 the amount of caffeine of an espresso).

My best option would be to match the weight entirely before the weigh check so I wont be forced to run and sweat that same day to drop more.

Any Idea? if you need further info let me know.

My average meal plan is:
-breakfast 100gr carbs oat mostly+40gr whey with water.

-10gr BCAA and a scoop of optimum nutrition amino energy (less than 200mg of stimulants).

-Training (warm up 10 min, techniques 25 min, sparring 25 minutes) 3 times at 2pm and the others either at 4pm or 8pm

-Lunch usually 100gr carbs 40grs proteins 5gr fats (after training when training early, before training when training late).

-Dinner 50gr carbs 40gr proteins 10gr fats

I was thinking when I train in the afternoon or evening to hit the gym for some low intensity cardio or doing that in the evening when I train in the morning.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
2 weeks go fully ketogenic.
3 week and beyond, load carbs tail end of day after intense training.

You will be in ketosis, lose at least 5lbs the first week, and then after the second week you will restore your glycogen, and you can choose how much glycogen/water weight you want in the muscle bellies. Should also lose some fat within 24 days.

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Intermittent fasting:
Week 1 - 18/6 - Tapering carbs
Week 2 - 20/4 - Keto (carbs every 3rd day)
Week 3 - 20/4 - Keto (carbs every 3rd day)