Go to creatine supp in 2021?

Dukethumper

Awards
  • Established
I've been off weightlifting for a year due to a string of injuries and was wondering what people use for creatine these days as I'm about to get back into it since I'm almost done healing, cheers.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ive been creating my own for last couple months and been loving it.

MCC + Creatine HCL is my fav combo

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
3-5g Creatine Monohydrate
Any respectable brands works --- Universal, Animal, Allmax, Dymatize, Cellucor, CORE, Arms Race

If you want more of a formula with added benefits
Controlled Labs Green Magnitude
Ghost Size v2
1st Phorm Endura-Formula

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Magnesium Creatine Chelate (Creatine Magnapower) and/or Creatine HCI for me

We currently offer Albion's Creatine Magnapower in powder form:

We also offer Creatine HCI in both flavored powder and capsule form:

Dukethumper

Awards
  • Established
3-5g Creatine Monohydrate
Any respectable brands works --- Universal, Animal, Allmax, Dymatize, Cellucor, CORE, Arms Race

If you want more of a formula with added benefits
Controlled Labs Green Magnitude
Ghost Size v2
1st Phorm Endura-Formula
I think I'll use ghost size as I have in the past, I'll check out the others though, do you know how to delete a thread I have no idea how my account made duplicTes

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think I'll use ghost size as I have in the past, I'll check out the others though, do you know how to delete a thread I have no idea how my account made duplicTes
Its a forum problem now days. When you click post, to you it will look like it didn't so its natural to click it again but its actually posting them multiple times. You may can delete yourself in the edit function but if not, go go the threads in your first post and click to report it to admin and for reason just put duplicate thread.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What’s the dosage you do for each?
CHL - 1.5g

MCC- 2.5g ( tub lasts you 3 months )

im doing blue raspberry flavor for CHL and really enjoy it

Independent

Independent

Awards

Does mcc cause any stomach distress? Regular magnesium bothers me, just wondering if mcc would cause the same issue.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Does mcc cause any stomach distress? Regular magnesium bothers me, just wondering if mcc would cause the same issue.
The reason that a lot of people (including myself) like Magnesium Creatine Chelate is because it doesn't cause the bloating, fluid retention, or GI distress that is commonly associated with regular Creatine.

I've never heard of anyone to have an issue with the magnesium content bothering their stomach at 2.5 grams. You get the very very occasional person that may at 5 grams if they take it all at once; but the recommended use is 2.5 grams once or twice daily. So if 5 grams is even used in a day, we suggest spacing it out anyway :)

There are many different types of magnesium. Some forms are more likely to bother someone's stomach than others; and many are very dose dependent as to whether they will or not. For example, the Oxide form bothers some people whereas the Threonate and Glycinate forms rarely do.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Plan on trying this soon. I know @ValiantThor08 is enjoying it

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
12 Post, Same Question ?

Independent

Independent

Awards
The reason that a lot of people (including myself) like Magnesium Creatine Chelate is because it doesn't cause the bloating, fluid retention, or GI distress that is commonly associated with regular Creatine.

I've never heard of anyone to have an issue with the magnesium content bothering their stomach at 2.5 grams. You get the very very occasional person that may at 5 grams if they take it all at once; but the recommended use is 2.5 grams once or twice daily. So if 5 grams is even used in a day, we suggest spacing it out anyway :)

There are many different types of magnesium. Some forms are more likely to bother someone's stomach than others; and many are very dose dependent as to whether they will or not. For example, the Oxide form bothers some people whereas the Threonate and Glycinate forms rarely do.
Good info. I used to take zmk before bed, loved the stuff but the next morning was another story. I'm sure it was the mag in it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good info. I used to take zmk before bed, loved the stuff but the next morning was another story. I'm sure it was the mag in it.
The form of zinc in ZMA doesn't normally hurt people's stomachs. BUT there have also been a lot of issues over the years of companies not using the proper type of zinc in ZMA supplements as well to try to cut costs a little.

But also, everyone is different. I am sensitive to some things myself that hardly bother other people. I do think you'd be fine with at least 2.5 grams per day on MCC and probably 5 grams if you space it out.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Allot of people like me cannot handle side effects of regular creatine. I have tried them all and I am able to use either one of the SNS ones.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Allot of people like me cannot handle side effects of regular creatine. I have tried them all and I am able to use either one of the SNS ones.
Thank you for sharing. I'm glad that you're able to use both of ours.