Frozen/Congealed Product?

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys,

Has anyone encountered their Apex products becoming solidified/congealed/frozen after a little bit in storage? Talking maybe 30 days max? I had two tubes of Ursa Major I got during the March Madness sale and when trying to use them they wouldn’t pump for ****. Opened one up and found it was like 90% solid. Got a little out of the pump like 3 times but nothing ever close to a full pump and given the way this is used that makes it near impossible to get a consistent dosage.

Any recommendations on what to do with the other bottle? I know when some Iron Legion products have had crystals, a hot water bath has been recommended but that’s never really worked for me then and FWIW I tried it already with the Ursa tube and had no luck 😕.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've had to take off the pump and little hose run it under warm water, I flush it out by holding the pump upside down and pump the warm water through. Usually helps.

For your extreme case... I'd try running the whole outside of the bottle under hot water to make it less solid in addition to my process.

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I've had to take off the pump and little hose run it under warm water, I flush it out by holding the pump upside down and pump the warm water through. Usually helps.

For your extreme case... I'd try running the whole outside of the bottle under hot water to make it less solid in addition to my process.
Appreciate the tip but I already tried that to no avail. I’m thinking of leaving it out in the sun tomorrow (on the windowsill) but not sure if that will harm the integrity of the compound?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Appreciate the tip but I already tried that to no avail. I’m thinking of leaving it out in the sun tomorrow (on the windowsill) but not sure if that will harm the integrity of the compound?
it will not. and I used to leave them in the hot garage, and also, try putting it on top of the fridge or somewhere warm to store these, if it happens again.

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I haven’t had this issue with the new bottles.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I haven’t had this issue with the new bottles.
first time I have seen this as well with the new carrier, but it has happened in the past, so I hope we get him ironed out.

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys, just sent customer service an email. Oddly enough I never had an issue with the original bottles. Not sure what carrier this was but I noticed the labels on these two bottles had a little more oomph to it than the first few I used - I think there was color added to the ingredient portion? Y’all would know better than me though of course.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
keep it stored in the warmest place possible! at least any new ones you have to keep stored.

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
For anyone reading this in the future, customer service with these guys is really top notch. I got an email about 15 minutes after reaching out informing me they’d be sending replacement product out and then I got the tracking info for that shortly thereafter. Really rare to get such good treatment these days but some of the companies on here still do it and Apex is definitely one of them!!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For anyone reading this in the future, customer service with these guys is really top notch. I got an email about 15 minutes after reaching out informing me they’d be sending replacement product out and then I got the tracking info for that shortly thereafter. Really rare to get such good treatment these days but some of the companies on here still do it and Apex is definitely one of them!!
church!

there may be equals, but imo, none better than APEX CS. this crew is #1 all day erry day.