FL3X needs to FOCUS: A Focus XT review

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks to KingJames and his exceptional rep skills for SNS, I was selected to try out a tub of Focus XT :)
I came home today and it was in the mail, and since I was about to hit the gym and eager to try it I said what the hell let's start it up!
First thing I noticed was how easily it mixed. It almost mixed itself, and there were no residual clumps or grains at the bottom of the cup, and went down smooth. I know this sint solely a preworkout but today it is ;)
Well, off to the gym....

P.s. Blue Raspberry is a good flavor for this. Not too sweet or sour, very easy to drink.

P.p.s. the packing peanuts were delicious too :p

Thanks again KJ

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Subbed to see how it works for you...I'll be starting my log as soon as I get mine

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for posting this thread, let us know how your workout goes.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The workout went pretty well, leg day, and I didn't feel like leaving early, just kinda felt like I was ready for everything. I can't wait to try a morning dose next week, I'll be in a training room the first few hours every day for a promotion at work, and I usually find myself falling asleep or my attention drifts very fast. I also have a 3 hour "grill me with as many impossible questions and scenarios as you can type of certification coming up early next month to get my pay raise and make things official (assuming I pass) and I will be using this about an hour before that.

Hope you like it Matt, what flavor did you request?

Synapsin thanks for stopping in!

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the post.

I have used Focus XT for many workouts and find it can get the job done and then some. It is very underrated as a preworkout.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm here :D

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
WOW that was fast! Now im real excited. I may do my back lift today with a little extra Focus!

Cant wait to log.

matt352

Awards
  • Established
The workout went pretty well, leg day, and I didn't feel like leaving early, just kinda felt like I was ready for everything. I can't wait to try a morning dose next week, I'll be in a training room the first few hours every day for a promotion at work, and I usually find myself falling asleep or my attention drifts very fast. I also have a 3 hour "grill me with as many impossible questions and scenarios as you can type of certification coming up early next month to get my pay raise and make things official (assuming I pass) and I will be using this about an hour before that.

Hope you like it Matt, what flavor did you request?

Synapsin thanks for stopping in!
I figured I would try the pink lemonade...saw good reviews on blue raz but pink lemonade sounded appealing haha.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice intro to the log! I'm liking how well it worked for your preworkout. I've been using it for my pre WO as well and really like it.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice intro to the log! I'm liking how well it worked for your preworkout. I've been using it for my pre WO as well and really like it.
I figured you would like that ;)

I love the fact that it has 200mg of caffeine in it. That is my prefered dosage, not too much not too little. Anywhere over 200 promotes extra corisol. Not sure if it spikes it enough to make a difference but I would like to avoid ANY extra cortisol where possible.
Also it says "200mg"in a very easy to find spot so I don't get p1ssed off trying to find it in fine print somewhere :)

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
agreed,just enough caff to really help set off the nootropics!

works wonders,doesn't it??? =)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks to KingJames and his exceptional rep skills for SNS, I was selected to try out a tub of Focus XT :)
I came home today and it was in the mail, and since I was about to hit the gym and eager to try it I said what the hell let's start it up!
First thing I noticed was how easily it mixed. It almost mixed itself, and there were no residual clumps or grains at the bottom of the cup, and went down smooth. I know this sint solely a preworkout but today it is ;)
Well, off to the gym....

P.s. Blue Raspberry is a good flavor for this. Not too sweet or sour, very easy to drink.

P.p.s. the packing peanuts were delicious too :p

Thanks again KJ
Glad you liked the flavor. And even though it isnt a pre-workout in the truest sense, I think it is a very underrated pre workout product. I prefer the clean energy it gives versus the coming out of my skin shakey energy that some of the other ones do.

I figured you would like that ;)

I love the fact that it has 200mg of caffeine in it. That is my prefered dosage, not too much not too little. Anywhere over 200 promotes extra corisol. Not sure if it spikes it enough to make a difference but I would like to avoid ANY extra cortisol where possible.
Also it says "200mg"in a very easy to find spot so I don't get p1ssed off trying to find it in fine print somewhere :)
We are also coming out with a one flavor test run of a caffeine free version in the near future for those that want to use it at times where caffeine may not be desirable, or those avoiding caffeine.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took it hung over before a 2 hour drive to an open house sunday morning and I felt great the whole ride and while I was there. I was quite "focused" lol. I have some pretty serious A.D.D. going on, I usually end up drifting into a daydream half hour into driving anywhere and end up fighting sleep the whole time, I keep nodding off, regardless of the caffeine I drink, but this kept me going.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Took it hung over before a 2 hour drive to an open house sunday morning and I felt great the whole ride and while I was there. I was quite "focused" lol. I have some pretty serious A.D.D. going on, I usually end up drifting into a daydream half hour into driving anywhere and end up fighting sleep the whole time, I keep nodding off, regardless of the caffeine I drink, but this kept me going.
That's a great use for Focus XT, never thought about using it for long drives.

I've had to do 8hr+ drives by myself, and it's a pain to stay awake and focused on the road.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a great use for Focus XT, never thought about using it for long drives.

I've had to do 8hr+ drives by myself, and it's a pain to stay awake and focused on the road.
And it doesn't give you the beta alanine tingles that set your ass on fire from sitting on it and driving lol...

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And it doesn't give you the beta alanine tingles that set your ass on fire from sitting on it and driving lol...
lol, yeah I hate the BA tingles. I've gotten used to them now that I've used it for so long that I don't even feel them anymore.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm actually kind of sad I don't get them anymore :( They feel nice imo, tingleing on your ears and cheeks :D

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I hate the Beta Alanine tingles. It is an awesome ingredient, and we have a 240 and 501 cap available at great prices, but I hate the tingle sensation from any Beta Alanine.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey dudes just to update, I'm about done with my tub. I love this stuff!
I used it for my certification at work like I said, worked like a charm. I got drilled with questions for 4 hours straight, and had taken this before. Normally in my training I would drink a monster and still fall asleep within the first hour, but the Focus XT kept me going, not jittery at all, and I was very comfortable the whole time. Kind of a hard feeling to explain but for those of you who have tried Focus you know what I'm talking about.

I thank you again KingJames and SNS for allowing me to try this stuff. I will be using it in place of my morning monster or coffee from now on, and on days when I forget my preworkout, I take this instead with great results as well :)

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used it for my certification at work like I said, worked like a charm. I got drilled with questions for 4 hours straight, and had taken this before. Normally in my training I would drink a monster and still fall asleep within the first hour, but the Focus XT kept me going, not jittery at all, and I was very comfortable the whole time. Kind of a hard feeling to explain but for those of you who have tried Focus you know what I'm talking about.

I thank you again KingJames and SNS for allowing me to try this stuff. I will be using it in place of my morning monster or coffee from now on, and on days when I forget my preworkout, I take this instead with great results as well :)
Great update, glad to hear it worked well for your certification. Thanks for the post.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
You don' t want to be too jacked up which is why focus XT is so good

Some energy and a lot of focus

Perfect combo to perform

Glad to hear it went great!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Great update and I like how it was applicable and effective both in and out of the gym. I love the versatility of FXT.