First time on TRT - Want lean mass year round

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys -

Just turned 41 (last week) been lifting since late college
Cycled a few times (less than 5) in late college and then again in recent years as my levels were dropping.
Got with my Dr a few months ago and made the leap for TRT.

Anyway, I usually hold alot of body fat in my gut and typically, when I'm late in cycle (regardless what I'm on) that tends
to melt away a bit.

So my question is what should I be doing while I'm cruising. I'm on 100mg of test cyp per week and had my first 8 weeks
of bloods taken last week and haven't gotten them back yet. I was on 150 last year while on cycle and had some gyno issues
and really "felt" it. Overall, I'm not a bulk/cut guy. I prefer to be shredded as much as possible with lean mass. I'm not sure sure if while cruising, I should only be on test. Or if I should also take something to keep me lean? I didn't know if I should be "saving" myself for blasting....or whatever that means.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You are probably gyno sensitive if 150 triggers it. I've gotten that way too with age. Even when I was on TRT and down to 100mg's of cyp per week, I was having puffiness and tenderness. I'll be 48 this summer and came off TRT last summer after being on 2 years. You shouldn't need anything to keep you lean while on test as long as you are eating clean and doing cardio. Keep the estrogen in check but don't kill it. Work with your doc to dial it in and you should be good. I'm sure someone will want to know why I came off. Sorry to hijack your thread but in a nutshell, nipple sensitivity/puffiness, elevated blood pressure, thick blood, penile function (not ed but not great) and to top it off, 100mg's per week kind of stopped working. One year before I quit it 100mg's would have me a little over 1200 day after inj and 700 before the next inj. Last summer day of inj was down to around 350. So I did 2 months of clomid with a little M-Test and my test came in at around 260 but my lh and fsh were back in range and estrogen was good again. I haven't used anything now since I finished clomid in mid September. Been trying to decide my next course of action.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A cruise is similar to trt in that you should be at relatively normal levels of hormones so your body can recover and heal between blasts.

the difference is simply that trt normally uses bio identical hormones (ie test and maybe deca) with test at natural levels whereas a cruise may have test at levels a bit above natural (but way lower than blast) and may include some other compounds at lowish doses.

trt is far healthier and what you should do inbetween blasts imo,

diet and training should be enough to keep you lean tbh bro.

the only other thing I would look at are peptides/hgh. I like to use those on a cruise (actually to aid recovery but most provide fat loss benefits). Obviously gh natural levels drop as we age so can be beneficial to health and ability to recover as part of your protocol.

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
A cruise is similar to trt in that you should be at relatively normal levels of hormones so your body can recover and heal between blasts.

the difference is simply that trt normally uses bio identical hormones (ie test and maybe deca) with test at natural levels whereas a cruise may have test at levels a bit above natural (but way lower than blast) and may include some other compounds at lowish doses.

trt is far healthier and what you should do inbetween blasts imo,

diet and training should be enough to keep you lean tbh bro.

the only other thing I would look at are peptides/hgh. I like to use those on a cruise (actually to aid recovery but most provide fat loss benefits). Obviously gh natural levels drop as we age so can be beneficial to health and ability to recover as part of your protocol.
100%. I think the thing is that my last cycle was not TRT. So after leading my test crash and my body gained weight while I went through lots of bloods for a few months I really lost all my gains and put on a bunch of weight. So I guess I’m just going through the emotional part of starting over again and shedding weight. So I guess I’m just looking ahead and perhaps all I need is just time while I’m cruising.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
100%. I think the thing is that my last cycle was not TRT. So after leading my test crash and my body gained weight while I went through lots of bloods for a few months I really lost all my gains and put on a bunch of weight. So I guess I’m just going through the emotional part of starting over again and shedding weight. So I guess I’m just looking ahead and perhaps all I need is just time while I’m cruising.
From what you’ve said I’m guessing after your last cycle you did pct, lost gains, gained fat etc and now are on trt?

if so then moving forward you won’t have that issue. If your past your natural genetic limit then trt/cruising makes a massive to what you’ll experience coming off a blast (ime anyway). Basically you don’t have any massive hormonal swing and can hold on to much more lean mass/maintain body comp far easier.

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
From what you’ve said I’m guessing after your last cycle you did pct, lost gains, gained fat etc and now are on trt?

if so then moving forward you won’t have that issue. If your past your natural genetic limit then trt/cruising makes a massive to what you’ll experience coming off a blast (ime anyway). Basically you don’t have any massive hormonal swing and can hold on to much more lean mass/maintain body comp far easier.
Yeah - sorry, my speech to text made that last post look crazy.

After my last cycle (not on trt) I tried PTC and had a tough time with gyno and really just stopped lifting, abandoned my diet on focused of handling my flare up. So I gained weight, didn’t lift and was a mess while doing all that and having bloods done to get on trt.

So now that I’m starting over and on trt things are just taking time and I need to be patient. I was just curious if guys take anything else for keeping lean or anything at all while cruising