Finasteride with Masteron ?

Fitfreak92

Fitfreak92

Awards
Hello to all iron buddies .
I am currently in my 4th week running 400mg test propionate per week , 70mg oral winstrol per day and tomorrow I will add 500mg masteron per week . (200enanthate and 300propionate . )

I am also taking about 1.25mg finasteride per day to prevent hair loss(one 5mg pill cut into 4 small pieces ) . Will it help also with masteron or these 3 can’t be combined ?

Last edited:
Fitfreak92

Fitfreak92

Awards
I believe is useless with dhts it only helps with reducible compounds like test.

Use topical anti androgen instead (nizoral shampoo for example).
Thanks for your reply but how this shampoo will help?As i read is not anti androgen but anti bacterial.Have you tried it by your self?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I did but it is hard to say how much it helped, as i still have a full head of hair.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for your reply but how this shampoo will help?As i read is not anti androgen but anti bacterial.Have you tried it by your self?
It does act as an anti-androgen specifically in the scalp, and it does help. But if you are really worried about your hair I would not be using 500mg Masteron. You are just asking for shedding if you are prone.

Fitfreak92

Fitfreak92

Awards
So mate this shampoo helps with all steroids?And i can wash my hair every day with it or a couple of days per week to have the result i want?As i saw active ingredient is ketoconazole.
Sorry for my silly questions .
Well i wouldnt say i am prone to lose my hair but you know i am getting old and every time i am into a cycle with winstrol or masteron i see some more hair missing to the sensitive areas of my head.I try to save them as long as i can.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So mate this shampoo helps with all steroids?And i can wash my hair every day with it or a couple of days per week to have the result i want?As i saw active ingredient is ketoconazole.
Well i wouldnt say i am prone to lose my hair but you know i am getting old and every time i am into a cycle with winstrol or masteron i see some more hair missing to the sensitive areas of my head.I try to save them as long as i can.
All steroids that convert or are DHTs. It says to wash max with it 2-3 days a week but I haven’t had any issues using it 4-5 days per week.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
All steroids that convert or are DHTs. It says to wash max with it 2-3 days a week but I haven’t had any issues using it 4-5 days per week.

Fitfreak92

Fitfreak92

Awards
I will try it for sure.I saw one bodybuilder's post who said that he uses finasteride 1mg per day, anti hair loss shampoo and nizoral once per week.

I am thinking of use 1mg finasteride ,anti hair loss shampoo which makes the hair to be stronger ,1-2 times per week nizoral and daily use of minoxidil lotion for maxium results as winstrol hit me hard in my head temples this time.How this sounds to you?Is it ok?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I will try it for sure.I saw one bodybuilder's post who said that he uses finasteride 1mg per day, anti hair loss shampoo and nizoral once per week.

I am thinking of use 1mg finasteride ,anti hair loss shampoo which makes the hair to be stronger ,1-2 times per week nizoral and daily use of minoxidil lotion for maxium results as winstrol hit me hard in my head temples this time.How this sounds to you?Is it ok?
I am absolutely not any kind of authority having never used them; I just use Nizoral preventatively.

I will say Fouad Abiad was talking about using Finasteride on his Real Bodybuilding Podcast. He says he quarters the 1mg tabs from his doctor and takes that 0.25mg daily on blast. He also mentions he uses 1,250mg testosterone as the base of his blasts with probably as much added on in other compounds, and hasn’t had libido issues with that lower finasteride dosage.

Project223

Project223

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I use all three including prescription ketoconazole shampoo. My endo says to use the shampoo every time I wash my hair and that prescription strength minoxidil is significantly more affective by doubling the active ingredient strength.
The effectiveness will vary from person to person. Personally I’ve noticed that although my hair strands seem to get thinner and less healthy looking throughout a cycle, I haven’t had a problem with shedding since starting the regiment a couple years ago.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Finasteride would have absolutely no effect on Masteron because it's already a DHT based compound. Finasteride would only b beneficial with compounds that make the conversion to DHT, like testosterone, EQ, etc.

I'll post my little hair loss info post in here so OP can read it and decide what he wants to do. Topical spironolactone and Azelaic acid are two options, along with Nizoral. But, Masteron is going to be very hard on the hairline. It is an extremely strong DHT based compound that will attach directly to the androgen receptors on your scalp and can absolutely cause hair problems.

Here's my hair loss info post:

I recommend checking out https://www.hairlosstalk.com/

They have lots of good articles, a forum, feedback from member son various methods of what hair loss treatments work and what don't.

My hairline is starting to recede and I've been using a product called PURA D’OR Anti-Hair Thinning Shampoo. It has lots of great ingredients that inhibit DHT production at the scalp, including saw palmetto, Pygem, Nettle extract, and they also include Nizoral (Ketoconazole) which has been shown to block DHT at the receptor site in the scalp. There is also biotin in it of course, which is another supplement you should be taking for hair loss (although the studies are scant).

They also make a very good conditioner called PURA D'OR Hair Thinning Therapy Conditioner. It has an ingredient in it called Copper Tripeptide-1 which has been shown to reduce hair loss and possibility even regrow it. Some people use it on their own, and some people combine it with minoxidil.

I use both the shampoo and conditioner daily. I combine the shampoo with another shampoo called Everclean. It has some Salicylic acid in it. This helps force the old skin to peel off and regenerate new skin, helping the follicles stay clean and free of debris. Dr. Lee who used to run minoxidil.com (before they f#$king FDA shut him down) sold a formula very similar to this. It was Nizoral and Salicyclic acid as a shampoo.

You can also look into applying azelaic acid nightly before bed. I see Amazon has a few products with azelaic acid in them, but they're a bit pricey, and I think hairlosstalk sells some cheaper. Here's one I found called NutraViv Hair Growth Serum. It contains: Purified water, alcohol, glycerin, azelaic acid, black cohosh, pantothenic acid, Japanese green tea extract, aloe, licorice extract, seabuckthorn berry and seed oil, grapefruit seed extract, and niacin.

You can also buy some topical spironolactone from Hairlosstalk. It's a greasy formula and it stinks, so I really don't like using it. Good ole Dr. Lee used to make it into a liquid that was much more easy to apply.

Finally, I take NOW Supplements, Prostate Health, Clinical Strength. It has tons of ingredients to help with hair loss including saw palmetto, beta sitosterol, Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica), Pumpkin Seed Oil and lots of other good stuff which will work internally to help slow hair loss.

Btw, if you want to check out Dr. Lee's old page, it's still the wayback machine and has some very good articles.

Hair Loss Myths
Some Journal Reports involving the various hair loss ingredients

Beyond that, the only rx drugs that can regrow hair are Rogaine/Minoxidil, which you have to apply daily for the rest of your life as well as Propecia (finasteride). However, I recently came across this thread entitled Ask somebody who's life is ruined by Propecia anything... so take that into consideration before deciding to take that.

I've started PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy. They take your blood and put it through a centrifuge and try and get the growth factors in the blood to cause the hair to regrow. It's probably the closest thing to stem cell therapy you can do now.

Hope that helps,
-SS

Project223

Project223

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Finasteride would have absolutely no effect on Masteron because it's already a DHT based compound. Finasteride would only b beneficial with compounds that make the conversion to DHT, like testosterone, EQ, etc.

I'll post my little hair loss info post in here so OP can read it and decide what he wants to do. Topical spironolactone and Azelaic acid are two options, along with Nizoral. But, Masteron is going to be very hard on the hairline. It is an extremely strong DHT based compound that will attach directly to the androgen receptors on your scalp and can absolutely cause hair problems.

Here's my hair loss info post:

I recommend checking out https://www.hairlosstalk.com/

They have lots of good articles, a forum, feedback from member son various methods of what hair loss treatments work and what don't.

My hairline is starting to recede and I've been using a product called PURA D’OR Anti-Hair Thinning Shampoo. It has lots of great ingredients that inhibit DHT production at the scalp, including saw palmetto, Pygem, Nettle extract, and they also include Nizoral (Ketoconazole) which has been shown to block DHT at the receptor site in the scalp. There is also biotin in it of course, which is another supplement you should be taking for hair loss (although the studies are scant).

They also make a very good conditioner called PURA D'OR Hair Thinning Therapy Conditioner. It has an ingredient in it called Copper Tripeptide-1 which has been shown to reduce hair loss and possibility even regrow it. Some people use it on their own, and some people combine it with minoxidil.

I use both the shampoo and conditioner daily. I combine the shampoo with another shampoo called Everclean. It has some Salicylic acid in it. This helps force the old skin to peel off and regenerate new skin, helping the follicles stay clean and free of debris. Dr. Lee who used to run minoxidil.com (before they f#$king FDA shut him down) sold a formula very similar to this. It was Nizoral and Salicyclic acid as a shampoo.

You can also look into applying azelaic acid nightly before bed. I see Amazon has a few products with azelaic acid in them, but they're a bit pricey, and I think hairlosstalk sells some cheaper. Here's one I found called NutraViv Hair Growth Serum. It contains: Purified water, alcohol, glycerin, azelaic acid, black cohosh, pantothenic acid, Japanese green tea extract, aloe, licorice extract, seabuckthorn berry and seed oil, grapefruit seed extract, and niacin.

You can also buy some topical spironolactone from Hairlosstalk. It's a greasy formula and it stinks, so I really don't like using it. Good ole Dr. Lee used to make it into a liquid that was much more easy to apply.

Finally, I take NOW Supplements, Prostate Health, Clinical Strength. It has tons of ingredients to help with hair loss including saw palmetto, beta sitosterol, Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica), Pumpkin Seed Oil and lots of other good stuff which will work internally to help slow hair loss.

Btw, if you want to check out Dr. Lee's old page, it's still the wayback machine and has some very good articles.

Hair Loss Myths
Some Journal Reports involving the various hair loss ingredients

Beyond that, the only rx drugs that can regrow hair are Rogaine/Minoxidil, which you have to apply daily for the rest of your life as well as Propecia (finasteride). However, I recently came across this thread entitled Ask somebody who's life is ruined by Propecia anything... so take that into consideration before deciding to take that.

I've started PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy. They take your blood and put it through a centrifuge and try and get the growth factors in the blood to cause the hair to regrow. It's probably the closest thing to stem cell therapy you can do now.

Hope that helps,
-SS
Good post.
How is the PRP working out for you so far?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good post.
How is the PRP working out for you so far?
I just got another session today. You go in for 3 initial sessions for 3 months. They draw blood, run it through a centrifuge and then inject it into your scalp. They take pictures everytime so you can see if you're progressing or not. There appear to be some baby hair growing around the area of my hairline, but hair grows in cycles. So I have to wait 3 months, then I'll go back in and evaluate and see if I'm growing hair back and if I am, I'll continue the therapy every 6 months.

So, the next 3 months is the real test to determine if it's working or not. The nurse said she noticed it was looking like it was growing. I have really thick hair, but just my hair line is receding, so I'm hoping that PRP will stop that in it's tracks so I don't have to use minoxidil/propecia.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 12
Vitruvian Man Supplements 13
Anabolics 19
AdelV Supplements 14
Anabolics 4