Expired Glycerpump

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have some 2 yr old glycerpump and wondering if I should still take it? The pills look kinda gnarly like somewhat wilted and when I opened one up there was still white powder but that could be all filler. Not going to lie got them on a site for like 10 bucks but I might just eat that expense and toss them if they're no good.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have some 2 yr old glycerpump and wondering if I should still take it? The pills look kinda gnarly like somewhat wilted and when I opened one up there was still white powder but that could be all filler. Not going to lie got them on a site for like 10 bucks but I might just eat that expense and toss them if they're no good.
Show us a picture of how old they are lol let’s check it out

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I personally never take capsules if they are deformed, or melted looking. And when asked, this is the recommendation I give others.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
GlycerPump is a very hydroscopic ingredient, meaning that it pulls in water. That's why so many powdered products that contain GlycerPump clump and that's why GlycerPump capsules can have kind of a squishy feel to them.

You mentioned seeing white powder in the capsules that you called 'filler' - which is actually ingredients mixed with the GlycerPump powder itself in order too it from absorbing moisture any worse than it already does. You literally could not put GlycerPump in a capsule by itself without having ingredient like silicon dioxide in with it.

When you say you have some 2 year old GlycerPump, you didn't include any pertinent details like:
  • Are you saying you bought them 2 years ago and they were expired when you bought them?
    • If so, throw them out.
  • Are you saying you bought them 2 years ago and opened them and haven't taken them yet?
    • If so, if they are not expired and you have stored them in a cool dark place, they may be fine.
    • If so, if they were stored in a hot or humid place, that is going to make the stickiness issue worse and I would suggest discarding them. If they expired during the time period and you had them opened, I would discard them.
GlycerPump capsules are not an expensive item; for example, ours are only 24.99 direct before any discount codes, and you can find them on some retailer websites for as little as around 18.00.

Whether you buy them from us or any other brand, you may notice that even new the capsules may be somewhat squishy - that's unfortunately just GlycerPump being GlycerPump.

GlycerPump absorbing moisture is what leads powder products containing it to very frequently clump and its why you rarely see it used in products anymore, because even though it clumping doesn't affect the quality of the product, its not worth it to brands to have to deal with the questions, complaints, and returns.

That's also why we don't use it in capsule formulas anymore - the original VasoForce XT capsules had it in there and we removed the ingredient from the product because of too many questions about squishy capsules.

We have offered GlycerPump in capsules for years and at one point we had stopped offering them because of the questions about the way it made the capsules feel. Then, we had so many people ask us to please bring them back, so we did - but we're actually low stock on them now and I'd been considering discontinuing them because some people think there's something wrong with the product - when its really just GlycerPump being GlycerPump.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I personally never take capsules if they are deformed, or melted looking. And when asked, this is the recommendation I give others.
I would normally agree with that, but when its a product that contains GlycerPump or HydroPrime, it's pretty much always going to happen because the ingredients pull in moisture. There's just no way around it. The only way to avoid GlycerPump or HydroPrime capsule products not being squishy is to not take GlycerPump or HydroPrime capsule products.

Same deal though for the powders - if you find a straight GlycerPump or HydroPrime powder, the only way for it not to be one big clump or ball of goo is to mix a lot of silicon dioxide with it, and even then, it's still likely going to happen.

It's a great ingredient but that's why a lot of companies don't offer it or use it anymore.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would normally agree with that, but when its a product that contains GlycerPump or HydroPrime, it's pretty much always going to happen because the ingredients pull in moisture. There's just no way around it. The only way to avoid GlycerPump or HydroPrime capsule products not being squishy is to not take GlycerPump or HydroPrime capsule products.

Same deal though for the powders - if you find a straight GlycerPump or HydroPrime powder, the only way for it not to be one big clump or ball of goo is to mix a lot of silicon dioxide with it, and even then, it's still likely going to happen.

It's a great ingredient but that's why a lot of companies don't offer it or use it anymore.
I don't think I've ever used it.
Have you considered adding a statement to the label?
.... It might help a little with the questions/complaints.

(Sorry, I just realized this was a Branded thread.)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don't think I've ever used it.
Have you considered adding a statement to the label?
.... It might help a little with the questions/complaints.

(Sorry, I just realized this was a Branded thread.)
No worries, thank you for saying you're sorry, but I wasn't upset with you at all; I was just explaining why with this particular ingredient/product, it kind of is what it is - and the only way to avoid it is to not use it.

We had considered adding something to the labels explaining it, but its hard to give a full explanation with the limited room that a company has to work with on a capsule product label. It just requires too long of an explanation.

At one point, because so many people do like GlycerPump, I had thought of using it in a pump product under Muscle Addiction and have a cool formula designed around it, but have been undecided whether we're actually going to do it or not because of the clumping issues with it being so common - but if we do, we actually already have the artwork done for stickers for the tops of the containers explaining it.

With glycerol in general, it's just problematic with absorbing moisture. Glycerol Monostearate (GMS) was a clumping disaster for companies years ago (we never used that one), then there was HydroMax which was better than GMS but still clumped terribly, then there is GlycerPump which is better than those but still clumps some in powders and gives caps the squishy feel, and then there was HydroPrime which is basically just NNB's competing product to GlycerPump and its no better or worse than GlycerPump in my experience as far as having the same issues.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Btw.. since we're discussing it, here's a link to SNS GlycerPump capsules for anyone that wants to read the write up and understand more about the ingredient and what we're talking about:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not knocking the brand at all. I get a lot of my supps from you guys currently running Paradoxine, Yohimbine, Vaso 6, Peak O2 from you guys and a couple things from CEL. It was an impulse buy so I bought them knowing they were expired. But this is what the pills look like.
I didn't take it offensively, but thank you.

I was just explaining overall the situation with GlycerPump as an ingredient.

The coloration part on the capsules doesn't concern me because think of it like this - GlycerPump pulls in moisture and the moisture may make the blue part of the capsule run into the white part; no different than if your hands are wet and you hold a capsule of any color in your hand, you may see the same thing.

I can't ever tell anyone to use an expired product but as you know, many people do (including me on a personal level of things sometimes - like I just found a bottle of a NOW Foods product that expired last year and started taking it and didn't think anything about it) BUT in this particular case I would tell you that I wouldn't take the bottle in your picture - not because of the look of the capsules, but because it expired almost 2 years ago and is such an inexpensive product that I just don't see any reason to take a chance with it when you could get a new bottle for 18 bucks that would last you a month to two months.

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I didn't take it offensively, but thank you.

I was just explaining overall the situation with GlycerPump as an ingredient.

The coloration part on the capsules doesn't concern me because think of it like this - GlycerPump pulls in moisture and the moisture may make the blue part of the capsule run into the white part; no different than if your hands are wet and you hold a capsule of any color in your hand, you may see the same thing.

I can't ever tell anyone to use an expired product but as you know, many people do (including me on a personal level of things sometimes - like I just found a bottle of a NOW Foods product that expired last year and started taking it and didn't think anything about it) BUT in this particular case I would tell you that I wouldn't take the bottle in your picture - not because of the look of the capsules, but because it expired almost 2 years ago and is such an inexpensive product that I just don't see any reason to take a chance with it when you could get a new bottle for 18 bucks that would last you a month to two months.
Thank you! I appreciate your honest input.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you! I appreciate your honest input.
No problem at all. I'm glad to help in any way that I can.

I went ahead and created a discount code in case you (or anyone else) wants to try it.

Coupon code: glycerpump25

The code will last thru midnight Jan 31st or until we sell out - not a sales pitch haha, we are just low stock at the moment.

GlycerPump Caps - normally 24.99; with coupon code - 18.74

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been using Glycerpump daily that was recently purchased direct from SNS and the capsules are a bit funky looking and sticky, but as Steve said with this product draws moistier, I have had no problems with them "working" and would not be concered at all if I were you!

SNS CEL 07-08-2022.jpg

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have been using Glycerpump daily that was recently purchased direct from SNS and the capsules are a bit funky looking and sticky, but as Steve said with this product draws moistier, I have had no problems with them "working" and would not be concered at all if I were you!

View attachment 228307
Yeah I'm just going to take them and probably get some more when they run put. Ho2 are you dosing them? Pwo, intra w/carbs, a lot of water?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah I'm just going to take them and probably get some more when they run put. Ho2 are you dosing them? Pwo, intra w/carbs, a lot of water?
I take (2) caps fasted PWO, I do drink a lot of water PWO