Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hit me pretty hard thats for sure!

(He’s the same age as my father...Really puts life in perspective, he was 65!...Actually it was my dad that told me he passed)

Usually get a couple VH songs in at the gym during the week... Runnin’ with the devil, Panama, Jump...

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
One of my long term friends grew up in Arcadia, CA and said that there were 2 bands that alternated playing at Arcadia High School dances. One of the two bands was Van Halen. It is interesting, at least to me, to go and find some of their original studio demo recordings. They were heavily influenced by Gene Simmons (who, I believe, helped "discover them").

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
One of my long term friends grew up in Arcadia, CA and said that there were 2 bands that alternated playing at Arcadia High School dances. One of the two bands was Van Halen. It is interesting, at least to me, to go and find some of their original studio demo recordings. They were heavily influenced by Gene Simmons (who, I believe, helped "discover them").
yup...the mega hit 1st van halen didn't come out until 78, by then kiss was pretty well established...i guess gene knew talent when he saw it-eh?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Very true. Cancer is the f-ing devil and has taken too many lives.
couldn't agree more, eddie fought a good fight and was loved by many....but i don't envy him the pain he must have endured for so many years---i heard he had one third of his tongue removed in 2000.