Diet help

A

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
So I can’t seem to break 200 lb marker and wanting to lose 10-15lbs in a few months. I need advice as to what to try. I believe I get about 120g protein through food daily. Is this my issue? I don’t eat until lunch and have a coffee w zero sugar in the morning. I always eat a perfect macro lunch. Meal prep. Dinner isn’t super clean but never bad. Usually a protein and veggie. Snack at night might be a few cookies or something small. Maybe a few bowls of cereal. How can I improve. I heard ab insulin resistencr and didn’t know if that is occurring or is it the lack of protein ? What items are good to eat at night to get the metabolism going. I generally workout 3-4 days a week. Lifting and working out for 17 years consistently

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
“A few bowls of cereal” adds up quick!

Ask me how I know 🤣

A cup of oatmeal mixed with a scoop of whey protein and some cinnamon is a good option I use a lot....(I use hot water usually from a keurig like the middle setting if I remember correctly) ...Microwave makes it cake like which is good too.

A

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
And you find this as slow carbs which helps blood sugar and insulin?

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes, oatmeal is about the healthiest carb there is! I go with Quaker Oates 1 minute.
It’s a pretty satisfying ‘meal’ that can also reduce cravings...What I described is the ‘base model’ lol...

You can add raisins, craisins, cashews, peanut butter...(I’ve also dumped in some liquid egg whites for a lil extra protein)

It’s not a bad breakfast or pre workout either.

R

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok so you really just need to tighten things up.

It probably isn't insulin resistance (while that may play a factor that doesn't seem to be the issue here).

Your diet just doesn't seem to be you accounting for what you are actually taking in.

1) You eat a great lunch, awesome keep that up.

2) Probably need to standardize the dinner a bit more, if it really is meat and veggies, then great, but saying it isn't super clean but never bad doesn't really say anything (what does that mean?).

3) The late night snacking is probably what is derailing you. Some cookies? Several bowls of cereal? Who even knows how many calories that is if you can't track it. While having some treats or certain foods never needs to be completely off limits if you are having them every day and it doesn't sound like you are limiting them when you are you'll be likely to overconsume.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed with what others have to say. I'd even recommend starting the day off with some oatmeal and protein powder. Then you're lunch looks good. Try not to snack during the day and late at night.

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
So I can’t seem to break 200 lb marker and wanting to lose 10-15lbs in a few months. I need advice as to what to try. I believe I get about 120g protein through food daily. Is this my issue? I don’t eat until lunch and have a coffee w zero sugar in the morning. I always eat a perfect macro lunch. Meal prep. Dinner isn’t super clean but never bad. Usually a protein and veggie. Snack at night might be a few cookies or something small. Maybe a few bowls of cereal. How can I improve. I heard ab insulin resistencr and didn’t know if that is occurring or is it the lack of protein ? What items are good to eat at night to get the metabolism going. I generally workout 3-4 days a week. Lifting and working out for 17 years consistently
I’d recommend using the FitBit app to track your calories and macros; that way you’ll have a better sense of where you should be in relation to your BMR and TDEE. Plus, the app is easy to use as it allows you to scan food labels for easy data entry. I’ve been using it for 3 years and it works like a charm.

R

RGgo2020

Awards
There might be some sugar in your meals which you cant point out...Did you try keto recipe..I have switched to the same and life has been better