Derek Lunsford Treated Nick Walker Like A Child!

Prince

Prince

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Who can forget the docudrama classic Pumping Iron that made bodybuilding what it is today. I mean sure you can point to the magazines, the dvds, the various ads for sports supplement products, but ultimately the media that really put bodybuilding on the map was Pumping Iron. And although it was not 100% factual and it was a docudrama it really hit the nail on the head.
Let’s not forget one of the classic lines from the movie where Arnold talks about the late great Franco Colombu and how Franco is essentially like a child, how he’s able to manipulate him, get him to do what he wants. Arnold talked about the ease he had in getting in the guy’s head. Now while Arnold’s interactions with Lou Ferrigno may have been staged and the interactions between Ken Waller and Mike Katz may have been staged as well.
I happen to believe that Arnold really could manipulate Franco. I think it goes back to the fact that they arrived in the United States at the same time, worked construction together, and really honestly were both very green when they both arrived here. I don’t think that they had connected very much with the industry and I don’t even think there was really much of an industry to connect with at that point. I think both guys were here at the behest of Joe Weider but I feel that Arnold had more of a claim to Joe than Franco did. I also think that if we are speaking about who spoke better English, I would say Arnold did. After all, English is a German-based language whereas Italian or Sardinian is most definitely not. In many regards, I think Franco depended on Arnold. I also happen to believe that Arnold had an emotional and psychological edge on his good buddy.
👉 https://www.ironmaglabs.com/2024/derek-lunsford-treated-nick-walker-like-a-child/