Deadlifting every... damn... day.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
New to the forum.
So been deadlifting everyday (w a belt) and just wanted to share w you guys the pros and cons...

Pros:
Rehabbed my lower back pain.
My core and stance overall feels tighter and stronger.

Cons:
Exhausted through the rest of my workout. Def need to build more endurance.

Anyone else doing this, maybe cycling between deads and squats?

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think this would eventually lead to injury.

Btw welcome to the forum, when posting just hit it once. If not you’ll create multiple posts like you currently have.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welcome to AM!

It’s a really tough exercise to recover from. You would need to have it be extremely light most of the time, to the point of being superficial most days, IMO. Like, a kb single-leg deadlift or 225lb deficit pulls or the like. Certainly not an optimal means to train.

What day are you on?

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
when posting just hit it once. If not you’ll create multiple posts like you currently have.
Sorry, I'm using the Tapatalk android app and it kept saying "error"... I'll know for next time I post.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im squatting 3 times a week right now. But its a progression, starting with a low weight, looking for new PR at week 12. (SLow build).
Other 2-3 days are assistance... Having fun with it, a bit different than my normal 'old-school 70's' 2-bodypart splits.

Attachments

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Im squatting 3 times a week right now. But its a progression, starting with a low weight, looking for new PR at week 12. (SLow build).
Other 2-3 days are assistance... Having fun with it, a bit different than my normal 'old-school 70's' 2-bodypart splits.
Why is Logpress being treated like an afterthought accessory in that template? It is the highest demand pressing movement in that program as written. I mean if you are going to hit some standing strict presses as some shoulder work it should be fine, but it’s asking a lot of lower back recovery within the context of that program if you are training the log in strength ranges with a proper push press/jerk & cleaning every rep. Their are low back, knee, shoulder, bicep tendon recovery considerations here.

Looks cool. Just wondering about the big picture.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just like toying with log-press and my SAT stuff. Its more of a 'go in my gym and do something fun' type of thing.
Lately I just been skipping SAT's, too old these days, need the recovery more.

At 55 I dont things too seriously like I did when younger, I have fun...

The other thing being this is a 12-week experiment I guess you could call it (Madcow 5x5 run).
When I go back to my normal routine, Log Press then becomes part of my shoulder routine, along with viking press or OHP, etc...

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just like toying with log-press and my SAT stuff. Its more of a 'go in my gym and do something fun' type of thing.

The other thing being this is a 12-week experiment I guess you could call it (Madcow 5x5 run).
When I go back to my normal routine, Log Press then becomes part of my shoulder routine, along with viking press or OHP, etc...
I’m not surprised to hear you say that - as written this would be tough to recover from for many guys in their 20s! At least guys who could actually squat any weight.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I’m not surprised to hear you say that - as written this would be tough to recover from for many guys in their 20s! At least guys who could actually squat any weight.