cutting and fatloss

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
whats the diff between cutting and fatloss?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cutting typically is the term for reducing caloric intake or the attempt to spend time in a caloric deficit.

Fat loss would be the loss of fat typically as a by product of spending time in a caloric deficit via food intake changes or training.

Someone may wish to achieve fat loss by cutting or doing a “cut”.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cutting typically is the term for reducing caloric intake or the attempt to spend time in a caloric deficit.

Fat loss would be the loss of fat typically as a by product of spending time in a caloric deficit via food intake changes or training.

Someone may wish to achieve fat loss by cutting or doing a “cut”.
seems like basically the same thing then?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Cutting weight is just dropping weight. But usually by cutting people mean trying to lose fat. But one could also cut water weight (or even muscle mass) for a weight class, for example.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My take would be,

Cutting trying to get you skin as thin as it can be Less, Fat Water, Etc

Fat Loss is losing as much fat as possible.

lamarclark09

Awards
Both have some purpose which is to get rid of fat. But in fat loss, there are chances of losing muscle mass so that’s why people tend to go for cutting in which loss of muscle mass is minimal. Everyone wants to get rid of the fat but no one wants to lose the muscle mass on which they worked so hard.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
cutting is a just a body building term (slang if you will), used to describe a fatloss cycle or diet phase.

ask anyone who is outside of bodybuild what "cutting" is and they will draw absolute blanks.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
cutting is a just a body building term (slang if you will), used to describe a fatloss cycle or diet phase.

ask anyone who is outside of bodybuild what "cutting" is and they will draw absolute blanks.
did you forget you are mad at me?

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
def still mad at chu.
awe lol sorry. i think you probably misinterpreted some stuff in the media. anyway i shouldnt have been so hard on you. i will def be back in that thread in july either to brag or eat crow lol :p