cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Holding water on var.Hmm that sounds like dbol. Be careful
Agreed. Maybe pick up some dandelion or water pill. I would also add some Virtus as for estrogen. May also help with water.

Badbeach

Badbeach

Awards
If you’ve been maintaining on 3000, do not drop to 1500. Make smaller drops. If you cut straight to 1500, you run out of room to cut calories.
How much calories should I drop a week, I plan on doing a 3 month cut? Maybe 200 calories per week

Last edited:

Janom

Awards
My var is definitely legit, I don’t think it was dbol as I wasn’t gaining weight.
You werent gaining weight because you werent eating enough to achieve a caloric surplus. You said you hold water on that 'var', so there it is the weight you gained from it. Either that or its your idea and you didnt actually put on water weight or something on your diet isnt as your expected it to be

Janom

Awards
My var is definitely legit, I don’t think it was dbol as I wasn’t gaining weight.
GH is notorious for making you hold water. Thats why you stop it few weeks prior to competition.

Badbeach

Badbeach

Awards
GH is notorious for making you hold water. Thats why you stop it few weeks prior to competition.
I Wasn’t using gh during the comp, on the var I believe it was diet related as my ifbb friend told me no dairy on the var, oil, or added sugars. I think that’s where I messed up Bc I did an iffym approach to dieting, correct me if I’m wrong, but I haven’t use var since the comp.

Janom

Awards
I Wasn’t using gh during the comp, on the var I believe it was diet related as my ifbb friend told me no dairy on the var, oil, or added sugars. I think that’s where I messed up Bc I did an iffym approach to dieting, correct me if I’m wrong, but I haven’t use var since the comp.
yeahh carbs make you hold water thats for sure. It may not affect your diet and how fast you loose fat as thats only dependent on your caloric intake but eating carbs will definitely make you look bloated and hold water for sure.

Badbeach

Badbeach

Awards
yeahh carbs make you hold water thats for sure. It may not affect your diet and how fast you loose fat as thats only dependent on your caloric intake but eating carbs will definitely make you look bloated and hold water for sure.
Would you suggest that I up my protein intake to 150p and 45gf and 60c usually fiber instead? The crazy part was that I was doing an hr cardio 5x a week and lifting 5 times during the comp, and 3 weeks out I was 2 sessions of cardio but retained a lot of water and although I lost fat, I still weighed the same🥺

Janom

Awards
Would you suggest that I up my protein intake to 150p and 45gf and 60c usually fiber instead? The crazy part was that I was doing an hr cardio 5x a week and lifting 5 times during the comp, and 3 weeks out I was 2 sessions of cardio but retained a lot of water and although I lost fat, I still weighed the same🥺
iifym works for fat loss but i would switch to other sources of carbs during peak weak. I would do almost 0 carbs to deplte the glycogen completely and then one day out or so i would start loading on carbs like sweet potatoe or rise. Thats just to give you a rough idea of what i have seen competitive guys doing but i am by no means a coach. I just think all these sugars and high carbs no matter what they are make you hold water. Thats why everyone loves low carb diet, because you hold less water and have room to eat more protein to maintain your mass and still be inside your caloric limit.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Honestly, at 5'3'' and 120 pounds, 110 grams of protein SHOULD be enough during a cut. If you are a woman at 18% bodyfat for real though, why are you cutting? That is approx. 21 pounds of fat total on our body and you really shouldn't be below 15% unless you are competing.

Have you been tracking your calories? What are you macros at 3,000 calories? How do you know it was 3,000 calories?

Badbeach

Badbeach

Awards
Honestly, at 5'3'' and 120 pounds, 110 grams of protein SHOULD be enough during a cut. If you are a woman at 18% bodyfat for real though, why are you cutting? That is approx. 21 pounds of fat total on our body and you really shouldn't be below 15% unless you are competing.

Have you been tracking your calories? What are you macros at 3,000 calories? How do you know it was 3,000 calories?
I haven’t been tracking calories, I used to have a macro coach but no longer have one that’s why I feel burnt out and off track without any structure. I know I eat 3,000 calories some days when I cheat lol but my maintenance u is usually 2,500. Also, my weight doesn’t change. I’m trying to cut probably 10-12lbs and I’m not trying to be under 15% body fat.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I haven’t been tracking calories, I used to have a macro coach but no longer have one that’s why I feel burnt out and off track without any structure. I know I eat 3,000 calories some days when I cheat lol but my maintenance u is usually 2,500. Also, my weight doesn’t change. I’m trying to cut probably 10-12lbs and I’m not trying to be under 15% body fat.
OK, so you have cheats around 3,000 but normally you eat around 2,500?

IF what you say is true and you are at 18% BF, that means you only have 21 pounds of fat. If you cut 10 pounds of fat from that you would only have 11 pounds and you would weigh 110 pounds total - this is about 10% bodyfat. That is, unless you are more than 18% which is fine - but we're giving advice over the internet here so I am trying to get to the bottom of what is reality and what is a guess is all. I hope this isn't coming across as combative.

If you are 25% bodyfat at 120 pounds, that's 30 pounds of fat. Dropping 10 pounds of fat will leave you with 20 pounds @ 110 pounds, which would be be about 18% bodyfat and that is would be pretty darned lean..

Do you have abs right now? How are you estimating your bodyfat?

Also, if you have not been tracking calories, to be precise, then how do you know that you're at 2,500 calories? It sounds to me like a bit of an educated guess maybe? But still a guess?

You must either be extremely, extremely active all day or you are an outlier if 2,500 calories a day doesn't make you gain weight at 120 pounds at 5'3''. Most people who have very high activity levels at that size will burn about 1900-2100 calories/day.

So, if we are playing guessing games, I will make a guess and say that you are guessing at your info. Let's get that straight first - do you use any kind of food log? Weigh your food and log it. If you cannot weigh and log it, don't put it in your mouth. Let's start there and see what you eat after a week? What do you think of that?

Badbeach

Badbeach

Awards
OK, so you have cheats around 3,000 but normally you eat around 2,500?

IF what you say is true and you are at 18% BF, that means you only have 21 pounds of fat. If you cut 10 pounds of fat from that you would only have 11 pounds and you would weigh 110 pounds total - this is about 10% bodyfat. That is, unless you are more than 18% which is fine - but we're giving advice over the internet here so I am trying to get to the bottom of what is reality and what is a guess is all. I hope this isn't coming across as combative.

If you are 25% bodyfat at 120 pounds, that's 30 pounds of fat. Dropping 10 pounds of fat will leave you with 20 pounds @ 110 pounds, which would be be about 18% bodyfat and that is would be pretty darned lean..

Do you have abs right now? How are you estimating your bodyfat?

Also, if you have not been tracking calories, to be precise, then how do you know that you're at 2,500 calories? It sounds to me like a bit of an educated guess maybe? But still a guess?

You must either be extremely, extremely active all day or you are an outlier if 2,500 calories a day doesn't make you gain weight at 120 pounds at 5'3''. Most people who have very high activity levels at that size will burn about 1900-2100 calories/day.

So, if we are playing guessing games, I will make a guess and say that you are guessing at your info. Let's get that straight first - do you use any kind of food log? Weigh your food and log it. If you cannot weigh and log it, don't put it in your mouth. Let's start there and see what you eat after a week? What do you think of that?
I do have a little bit of abs lol, not so much. I can post a pic. My maintenance calories was 2500 from last year, when I had a macros Coach. I was eating 110p 300c and 70f. At that time, I had much more fat and was lean bulking at 108-109lbs since my last show in in January 2019, I have been burnt out and have been tracking calories loosely from then and now. I do track the majority of my food by weighing it and scaling it on my fitness pal so I know how much I eat by calorie counting, but the problem is I don’t where I should start cutting from as iffym calculator suggested at 1500 ish. My job is pretty active it requires to me walk around a lot and to constantly think and isn’t really sedentary desk job. During Off season, I still would lift at least 4-5x a week and 3x cardio of 45 mins.

You’re definitely not coming off as combative, I won’t get butt hurt and appreciate any advice given. Ive only tried anavar as of January 2019 without a coach guiding me and cardarine. In my profile pic was from last year when I competed all natty 😂🥺

Last edited:
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok, great info. So, why are you really feeling "burnt out"? What is it specifically that feels hard?

What weight did you compete at for your show?

One thing I will say is that for me a big part of this has been learning how to build habits that are truly habits. A habit is like gravity, it pulls you toward your goal. If you have a day you don't do them, it feels funny and uncomfortable.

For me, for instance, I started making oatmeal in the morning. If I don't eat this now, it seems like I didn't really start my day right.

These habits build you up, they don't burn you out. So we need to figure out what is burning you out and why and develop a better strategy.

As far as macros, my guess here if you really do need to cut is that around 2250 cals with 100-125 grams of protein is probably a decent guesstimate starting point.

But I suspect some other items may need adjustment of you are feeling burnt out.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok, gotcha.

I just added up the macros you gave a couple posts ago, and you said 2,500 cals but those macros add up to about 2,250 cals and you were bulking on that...this makes a bunch more sense. My guess is that your maintenance level is between 2000-2250 if your activity really is very very high. Most people over estimate their activity. I am a 200 pound fatty and I am losing weight very slowly at 1850 cals. But I have a desk job.

So, you are working very hard and it sounds like you have a physical job.

When is the last time you took a couple weeks off from the gym?

Honestly, to be really blunt here, I feel like you are using a lot of drugs and not getting much benefit because your diet and training aren't locked in - and if that was me I would throw more drugs at it instinctually even though I know this won't work.

I have never used a lot of the stuff you are on - high. vat. clen.

I have used T3.

I haven't used clen because I personally think the sides and potential heart issues are not worth it...I could be wrong.

And the photos look like you are at 25-30% bodyfat which is better then the typical woman walking around.

If this were me I would get on your log and shoot for 2000 calories/day with about 100-125 grams carbs and whatever you like for carbs/fats as long as you get a minimum of 40 grams of healthy fats.

I would also maybe consider taking a break from working out for 2 weeks, it sounds like you may be a little over trained (which may also increase leptin levels and make eating less more difficult).

If you want to lay out your weight routine that maybe is worth knowing as well.

I guess, if you want to be good at something you need to like doing it. If you do not like doing it, you won't be good at it.

Badbeach

Badbeach

Awards
Ok, gotcha.

I just added up the macros you gave a couple posts ago, and you said 2,500 cals but those macros add up to about 2,250 cals and you were bulking on that...this makes a bunch more sense. My guess is that your maintenance level is between 2000-2250 if your activity really is very very high. Most people over estimate their activity. I am a 200 pound fatty and I am losing weight very slowly at 1850 cals. But I have a desk job.

So, you are working very hard and it sounds like you have a physical job.

When is the last time you took a couple weeks off from the gym?

Honestly, to be really blunt here, I feel like you are using a lot of drugs and not getting much benefit because your diet and training aren't locked in - and if that was me I would throw more drugs at it instinctually even though I know this won't work.

I have never used a lot of the stuff you are on - high. vat. clen.

I have used T3.

I haven't used clen because I personally think the sides and potential heart issues are not worth it...I could be wrong.

And the photos look like you are at 25-30% bodyfat which is better then the typical woman walking around.

If this were me I would get on your log and shoot for 2000 calories/day with about 100-125 grams carbs and whatever you like for carbs/fats as long as you get a minimum of 40 grams of healthy fats.

I would also maybe consider taking a break from working out for 2 weeks, it sounds like you may be a little over trained (which may also increase leptin levels and make eating less more difficult).

If you want to lay out your weight routine that maybe is worth knowing as well.

I guess, if you want to be good at something you need to like doing it. If you do not like doing it, you won't be good at it.
Like you said, until I get my diet and training right, I haven’t ran any gear except right now HGH. Mainly I want to get to a lower body fat before I start running T3 and clen and maybe Anavar. I weigh heavier than I always have usually I’m 103-108 when bulking and cutting so now I want to cut😏 winter shreds 😂

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Like you said, until I get my diet and training right, I haven’t ran any gear except right now HGH. Mainly I want to get to a lower body fat before I start running T3 and clen and maybe Anavar. I weigh heavier than I always have usually I’m 103-108 when bulking and cutting so now I want to cut😏 winter shreds 😂
Oh, ok, cool! I misunderstood. My reading comprehension sometimes need work. haha.

So, honestly, that is what I would do. Log the diet and figure out how things work if you are sticking to 2000 cals a day while getting at least 100 grams protein and 40 grams fat. Cut out the workouts for 2 weeks. Yeah, not kidding there.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Holding water on var.Hmm that sounds like dbol. Be careful
Actually var does put some fullness everywhere. Most all AAS cause some form of bloat especially initially with orals until things stabilize. Women also have a different hormonal makeup than men. I dont thinks shes on dbol

Coupled w GH it's most likely.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you just running the var 4 weeks? I would do 6 straight through, at 4 it just starts really working its magic.

Cycle the fat loss drugs for sure. But you have a great base and dont be afraid to try carb cycling. My body does well on carbs too but if I eat them regularly I bloat and add a bit of fat. Carb cycling is like magic for me. It should help you with some of the bloat I believe. It works really well and sometines when we're feeling "tired" our bodies need less restrictions and more rest.

I recently dropped down to 2-3x per week (minimal work the days I went) for a couple weeks and let my body deload. It paid off, I got stronger and just felt my body recoup nicely. Pushing harder isnt always the answer. Sometimes your body's trying to tell that less is more.

Last edited:
Badbeach

Badbeach

Awards
Are you just running the var 4 weeks? I would do 6 straight through, at 4 it just starts really working its magic.

Cycle the fat loss drugs for sure. But you have a great base and dont be afraid to try carb cycling. My body does well on carbs too but if I eat them regularly I bloat and add a bit of fat. Carb cycling is like magic for me. It should help you with some of the bloat I believe. It works really well and sometines when we're feeling "tired" our bodies need less restrictions and more rest.

I recently dropped down to 2-3x per week (minimal work the days I went) for a couple weeks and let my body deload. It paid off, I got stronger and just felt my body recoup nicely. Pushing harder isnt always the answer. Sometimes your body's trying to tell that less is more.
I haven’t ran any var yet, probably would run for 6 weeks until my BF is low enough. When I did run Var I was eating 300c carbs and tapering down to eventually 80c, my body did hold onto water. I might carb cycle again, I’m thinking 2x a week on leg days. I know women like the var, but I haven’t figure out a way to not bloat on it 😭

Leggoddess

Leggoddess

Awards
I haven’t ran any var yet, probably would run for 6 weeks until my BF is low enough. When I did run Var I was eating 300c carbs and tapering down to eventually 80c, my body did hold onto water. I might carb cycle again, I’m thinking 2x a week on leg days. I know women like the var, but I haven’t figure out a way to not bloat on it
With some people when they take var they can bloat. Make sure you drink at least 1 gallon of water every day. With some people they may bloat more then suddenly they may shed the bloating. Some dont.

Many things come into play.
Body chemistry ,
Nutrition ,
The lab the compound was manufactured in,
The purity of the compound,
Your monthly cycle,
Your training.

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If you cut calories that aggressively you’ll lose too much muscle and crash your metabolism. I was 120 with 19% body fat and maybe im wrong but I think you should get a BMI test done before you start anything. Find out your maintenance weight and go from there cutting around 200-300 cal every two weeks is what I did. Give body a lil time to adjust and it’s not going to mess up your body, my body adjusted very well (everyones body is different so this was my experience) . Don’t drop fats too much or it can ruin your hormonal levels. Also I wouldn’t go anywhere below 1400-1500 cals. With what your running you need food and extra water. I ran var and gained a lot of water weight as well which dropped about 1-2 weeks after my cycle was done. Try eating good GI level carbs and if you feel the need to use water ex or something to help you with the bloat. Fish oils and multi vitamin helped me a little and ginger root pills but honestly it’s best to just deal with the water weight if your body gains it rather than try to get rid of it. Also I know everyone says this but really trust the process don’t rush things because you aren’t getting extremely fast results you will hurt you body and cause a bad run. Also you really don’t need that much cardio especially with what you’re running youre pushing too hard on your body / heart again with the food and that much cardio you need to eat ya carbs and maybe an intra workout snack. I think you’re running too much at one time and var for 6 weeks I feel isn’t enough activation time. Id run this cycle differently and what are your dosages? Sorry for a lot I just want to help:)

Badbeach

Badbeach

Awards
Girlll, I saw your results on var you look amazing! I haven’t ran any gear yet, just HGH right now. When I did run var, I ran it up to 12.5mg! I think between 10-12mg is my safe spot then I start having sides. I think you’re right I should just taper down from 100-300 calories a week.

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Girlll, I saw your results on var you look amazing! I haven’t ran any gear yet, just HGH right now. When I did run var, I ran it up to 12.5mg! I think between 10-12mg is my safe spot then I start having sides. I think you’re right I should just taper down from 100-300 calories a week.
I ran it 10mg for 5 weeks then to 15 and started splitting it and it helped 5mg in the morning and 10mg 45mins before workout felt really good!