Crystals in Ultra Epi and Dermacrine

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
I just started a run of Ultra Epi and Dermacrine. Applied the Epi and there were sizeable crystals all over my skin. Both my bottles of Epi and Derma are crystalized. I've run multiple bottles of Derma and Ultra 11 and not seen this. I ran the Epi under piping hot water for about 5 - 10 minutes shaking periodically but still has crystals. Bottles were bought during black friday sale so they aren't that old. Not sure if the crystals will effect the potency as I assume the crystals are the active ingredients?

Anyone know how to fix this?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Most likely just the area you kept them was cold. This should not effect the effectiveness of the product. I have had issues like this in the past and was always fine. @delsolrob can confirm.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@cheftepesh1

only thing i can think of is boiling water in a pan removing from heat and putting bottles in pan for 3-5 minutes.

thanks for your purchase, hopefully chef can help.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@cheftepesh1

only thing i can think of is boiling water in a pan removing from heat and putting bottles in pan for 3-5 minutes.

thanks for your purchase, hopefully chef can help.
That or keeping it in a warmer place for the time being and shaking before use.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This was an issue with a couple batches of Ultra Epi and we adjusted the carrier profile to correct this many months ago. I've never heard of an issue with dermacrine before...my guess would have to be that these bottles were exposed to freezing temperatures. Hot water bath may help, but once they're gel'd, it's pretty challenging to work with them.

here's some basic instructions for the Salvo based bottles - it may help

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
Ended up putting them in a near boiling bath and changing the water out every 5 minutes or so from the electric kettle. Dermacrine took over 20 minutes but both seem good to go! Thinking back, there was a couple days where these bottles may have been exposed to freezing temperature. My bad.

Thanks for the info! Not trying to talk trash on the product, just wanted to be able to use it correctly! I love everything I've gotten from Iconic and Iron. Looking forward to trying the Epi and I'm using Alpha Andro with it as well. Today was day 1, used a lowish dose. All I can say is this stuff starts working fast and the effect is potent! Will stay low dose for a week or so and ramp up. Looking forward to the run!

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
This was an issue with a couple batches of Ultra Epi and we adjusted the carrier profile to correct this many months ago. I've never heard of an issue with dermacrine before...my guess would have to be that these bottles were exposed to freezing temperatures. Hot water bath may help, but once they're gel'd, it's pretty challenging to work with them.

here's some basic instructions for the Salvo based bottles - it may help
In the winter I always put Salvo bottles in the sink with piping hot water and shake them before application, works like a charm. The Iconic bottles are just much larger, so I needed a lot more time with them. I'll be more cautious about storage in the future.
Thanks!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ended up putting them in a near boiling bath and changing the water out every 5 minutes or so from the electric kettle. Dermacrine took over 20 minutes but both seem good to go! Thinking back, there was a couple days where these bottles may have been exposed to freezing temperature. My bad.

Thanks for the info! Not trying to talk trash on the product, just wanted to be able to use it correctly! I love everything I've gotten from Iconic and Iron. Looking forward to trying the Epi and I'm using Alpha Andro with it as well. Today was day 1, used a lowish dose. All I can say is this stuff starts working fast and the effect is potent! Will stay low dose for a week or so and ramp up. Looking forward to the run!
good luck---wishing you much success!!! :)