Creatine

Jbtwentytwo

Awards
What’s your go to brand for Creatine? It’s crazy how expensive Creatine has gotten.

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
Redcon1 , use to love one from Genomix too

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've gone with optimum nutrition creatine a lot in the past but bulk supplements is another one i'll go to for creatine monohydrate.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What’s your go to brand for Creatine? It’s crazy how expensive Creatine has gotten.
Creatine monohydrate is creatine monohydrate. Just find whatever one is the cheapest, they all do the same thing.

Walmart brand creatine monohydrate powder is still less then $20

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Typically Creapure, lately from Thorne. Just picked up some capped Creatine HCI from SNS also

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looks like $30/lb is the average now. Ridiculous.

I usually cruise Amazon and try to find the best deal. This last time I went with bulk supplements. Looks like there's a decent discount if buying a larger amount. I think I saw 2lbs for around $47 of another brand

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Looks like $30/lb is the average now. Ridiculous.

I usually cruise Amazon and try to find the best deal. This last time I went with bulk supplements. Looks like there's a decent discount if buying a larger amount. I think I saw 2lbs for around $47 of another brand
Let me ask you a serious question tho. We think it's rediculous because the price has gone up.

But $30 is still cheaper then 90% of natty supplements and there is no natty muscle builder in existence that's better then creatine.

Creatine is hands down the strongest natural muscle builder.

So is $30 for a 2 month supply really that bad when guys are dishing out 40,50, or 60 on the latest snake oil?

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Let me ask you a serious question tho. We think it's rediculous because the price has gone up.

But $30 is still cheaper then 90% of natty supplements and there is no natty muscle builder in existence that's better then creatine.

So is $30 for a 2 month supply really that bad when guys are dishing out 40,50, or 60 on the latest snake oil?
You make a good point sir. The frustration isn't with one item in particular. It's the perpetual lies coming from the govt about why it's ok to fuk everyone over. Meanwhile, the world's richest keep getting richer.

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You make a good point sir. The frustration isn't with one item in particular. It's the perpetual lies coming from the govt about why it's ok to fuk everyone over. Meanwhile, the world's richest keep getting richer.
And for what it's worth, 5g creatine monohydrate has been a staple of mine for years. I doubt it's put more than 5lbs of lean tissue on me. That said and to your point, I doubt any of the super duper natty supps that cost more can do any better

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

100% agreed. Prices are up, but I'm happy to pay it. If anything, I'd just drop some of my other "speculative" supplements (ingredients that have limited or inconclusive human data, but mechanistically could be great) to compensate for the price increase given nothing is as proven as Creatine in humans. Especially healthy humans

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
And for what it's worth, 5g creatine monohydrate has been a staple of mine for years. I doubt it's put more than 5lbs of lean tissue on me. That said and to your point, I doubt any of the super duper natty supps that cost more can do any better
Another way to look at is the other potential health benefits of creatine and its impact on ATP synthesis...

Brain health: brain is metabolically active, neurons need ATP. Some research on memory and reasoning exists.
Bone health: bone is metabolically active and relies on ATP.
Immune system: maybe some potential effects on immune function and inflammation

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Another way to look at is the other potential health benefits of creatine and its impact on ATP synthesis...

Brain health: brain is metabolically active, neurons need ATP. Some research on memory and reasoning exists.
Bone health: bone is metabolically active and relies on ATP.
Immune system: maybe some potential effects on immune function and inflammation

Absolutely. I take creatine because it has benefits in and out of the gym

The1WhoKnocks

Awards
Typically Creapure, lately from Thorne. Just picked up some capped Creatine HCI from SNS also
I'm a Creapure guy as well, but man it sure seems like it is near impossible to find anymore after being readily available just a couple years back. Optimum used to use Creapure but doesn't anymore. Same with AllMax.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm a Creapure guy as well, but man it sure seems like it is near impossible to find anymore after being readily available just a couple years back. Optimum used to use Creapure but doesn't anymore. Same with AllMax.
The NSF Certified Sport brands (Thorne, Klean, Proven4Sport) seem to have it in stock most of the time, but obviously comes with the premium costs

Gandalfthegreg

Gandalfthegreg

Awards
IMG_7295.JPG

Just got this one of Amazon and it was about the cheapest per serving. I think $1.51 per ounce.