Confused with drawing from vial

Tboy47

Awards
hopefully someone can ease my mind this kind of stressed me out last night when I pinned.

On my third pin of my first cycle (500mg a week of test e) so I’m still a noob drawing and pinning anyways I had an issue drawing from the vial last night

I pulled back to 1 ML before injecting into vial then I pushed needle into vial and pushed the whatever it’s called to push all the air in then I pulled back to 1 ML like usually and waited (drawing with smaller needle that’s all I have right now) finally it filled up from 1 ML to the top line so I pulled out and there was a big air bubble or space so I pushed the air out like I usually do but when I did this the line of liquid when from 1 ML to .8 ML idk if I still got the full 1 ML or what or if it was .8 ML hopefully someone understands what I am saying and maybe someone can link a video of how to draw because that’s the hardest part for me right now and basically my question is did I still get 1 ML of liquid yesterday in my pin

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don't stress over little details like this, in time you will figure out what to do and not to do. 450 or 500 a week is not going to be a noticeable difference. I call that a plunger.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, you got .8 but as stated above, that's probably not the end of the world. Get bigger needles for drawing up, you'll be glad you did.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, you got .8 but as stated above, that's probably not the end of the world. Get bigger needles for drawing up, you'll be glad you did.
this...I pin in glutes and use a 18 gauge for drawing, then switch out to a interchangeable 22 gauge for injection. using same needle for both can cause burrs on end of needle and besides needles are very cheap.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I dont want anything larger than a 23 g in my vial. Large needles can knock chunks off the rubber top.
I used slin pins mostly for both drawing and injecting, but those were small hrt volumes, in the range of 0.2ml.

On cycle I used 23 and 25g.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I dont want anything larger than a 23 g in my vial. Large needles can knock chunks off the rubber top.
I used slin pins mostly for both drawing and injecting, but those were small hrt volumes, in the range of 0.2ml.

I've been on prescribed trt since 2008, been using 18gauge drawing needles entire time...never once has a chunk been knocked off rubber top, lol.

even better chance of getting burr on tip of needle using smaller needles, i highly recommend using different drawing/injecting needles.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've been on prescribed trt since 2008, been using 18gauge drawing needles entire time...never once has a chunk been knocked off rubber top, lol.

even better chance of getting burr on tip of needle using smaller needles, i highly recommend using different drawing/injecting needles.
Yeah but this is the internet. I heard this one guy fell on a comb...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Maybe if you had 50ml jugs and were withdrawing 0.1ml daily so you had 500 total draws through that stopper, and it was cheap...but 10-20 18g pinholes in a 10ml vial isn’t going to do that.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Maybe if you had 50ml jugs and were withdrawing 0.1ml daily so you had 500 total draws through that stopper, and it was cheap...but 10-20 18g pinholes in a 10ml vial isn’t going to do that.
Idk...i knocked a chunk off with an 18g...cheap ass vials probably

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Worst case if that did ever happen to me, I would just switch to a 25 I normally use to pin and draw up the rest of the vial into a few syringes. The chunk would be about an 18g size and wouldn’t be able to be drawn up by the 25. So nothing would go to waste and no plastic could get drawn into the syringe anyway.

Lowkii

Lowkii

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If you've got air bubbles then you draw more then needed into the needle.. say, 1.1ml then push the bubble back into the vial while the needle is still in.

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I usually draw with 23, sometimes 25, even slin. I don't even see any holes in the stopper after. I drew with an 18g once and I didn't even think the hole closed up I thought it would leak. Then reconstituting HCG I had to go in twice with the 18g and the stopper looked like I had chewed on it for an hour. I guess it just depends on the stopped but I wouldn't use an 18g anymore myself.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I usually draw with 23, sometimes 25, even slin. I don't even see any holes in the stopper after. I drew with an 18g once and I didn't even think the hole closed up I thought it would leak. Then reconstituting HCG I had to go in twice with the 18g and the stopper looked like I had chewed on it for an hour. I guess it just depends on the stopped but I wouldn't use an 18g anymore myself.
Don’t use an 18g on cheap ass little peptide vials. It’s not like you want the bac water to flow that fast in anyway since you want it to mix delicately. I use 25 for those.

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don’t use an 18g on cheap ass little peptide vials. It’s not like you want the bac water to flow that fast in anyway since you want it to mix delicately. I use 25 for those.
It's straight from the pharmacy, 18g is just too big imo. For my vials anyways.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I've been drawing with 18 for over 9 years and all my docs use are 18, I can't imagine that actually being an issue unless the top is corroding.

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been drawing with 18 for over 9 years and all my docs use are 18, I can't imagine that actually being an issue unless the top is corroding.
I wouldn't be surprised if Cro and I had the same type of tops but mine are more like a hard plastic than rubber. Actually pretty hard to get an 18g in it, it takes a surprising amount of force. Other stoppers I've used have been much softer and everything goes in easier. It's just be the difference in stoppers.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't be surprised if Cro and I had the same type of tops but mine are more like a hard plastic than rubber. Actually pretty hard to get an 18g in it, it takes a surprising amount of force. Other stoppers I've used have been much softer and everything goes in easier. It's just be the difference in stoppers.
my brand of depo-testosterone is Pfizer, never had any issues with 18 gauge.