CEL Tudca smells like acetone?

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hi!

My first time using Competitive Edge Labs Tudca, I was wondering if anyone else noticed a strong acetone smell with their Tudca? I used to use Olympus Labs Tudca and their bottles had no smell at all. Is it still good to use? When I googled this, I noticed some other people talking about this also.

Thanks!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe a slight odor but it’s always worked fine for me

thecave

thecave

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi!

My first time using Competitive Edge Labs Tudca, I was wondering if anyone else noticed a strong acetone smell with their Tudca? I used to use Olympus Labs Tudca and their bottles had no smell at all. Is it still good to use? When I googled this, I noticed some other people talking about this also.

Thanks!
Mine Smell the same when I open the bottle after its been closed for a while but its working great for me, have you tried busting open a cap and having a sniff? It may be the capsules casing more so then the ingredients or it could be that TUDCA has always smelt like this and none of us noticed as the OL caps were thicker walled. Im sure that you already thought of all that so apologies for not being more helpful - I can say I feel like its working great though, ive smelt that same smell with a few other bottles ive had over the years so to me it might be the carousels themselves.

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Mine Smell the same when I open the bottle after its been closed for a while but its working great for me, have you tried busting open a cap and having a sniff? It may be the capsules casing more so then the ingredients or it could be that TUDCA has always smelt like this and none of us noticed as the OL caps were thicker walled. Im sure that you already thought of all that so apologies for not being more helpful - I can say I feel like its working great though, ive smelt that same smell with a few other bottles ive had over the years so to me it might be the carousels themselves.
Thanks! I did opened one cap and smelled it, still smells like acetone, but from what I have seen by googling Tudca + Acetone, seems like others have noticed it with CEL also, along with Brawn, Alphaform Labs and other brands, so maybe you are correct and OL had thicker caps. On amazon someone asked "Double wood supplements" about this smell, here is what they wrote:

"Hello,

TUDCA is a bile acid and it inherently has an awful smell / taste. What you are smelling is the raw material itself not acetone. A strong smell / taste is one way to know the TUDCA you are getting is genuine. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Best Regards,
-Reese
Double Wood Supplements"

So I guess it is legit then?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The raw is very stinky, and I guess you could say it smells like acetone.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've heard this before where Tudca has a weird smell to it. I would say you are good to go to use it. It think it's pretty common.