Unanswered Cardarine

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Helpful in training for extreme distance running? Yea or nay ?

J

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Out of all the sarms that would be the one.
Technically, out of the “research chemicals”, but yes. It was originally billed for enhancing fat loss, but from what I’ve heard, most people don’t lose much, but their endurance skyrockets.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's not too bad on the wallet so probably worth a try to see if it helps your endurance.

E

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Technically, out of the “research chemicals”, but yes. It was originally billed for enhancing fat loss, but from what I’ve heard, most people don’t lose much, but their endurance skyrockets.
More endurance = more reps = less recovery time = greater volume/workload overall = fat loss

It's all a synergy

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

This study utilized metabolomic profiling to examine the effects of GW501516, a PPARδ agonist, on running endurance in mice. While training alone increased the exhaustive running performance, GW501516 treatment enhanced running endurance and the proportion of succinate dehydrogenase (SDH)-positive muscle fibres in both trained and untrained mice. Furthermore, increased levels of intermediate metabolites and key enzymes in fatty acid oxidation pathways were observed following training and/or treatment. Training alone increased serum inositol, glucogenic amino acids, and branch chain amino acids. However, GW501516 increased serum galactose and β-hydroxybutyrate, independent of training. Additionally, GW501516 alone raised serum unsaturated fatty acid levels, especially polyunsaturated fatty acids, but levels increased even more when combined with training. These findings suggest that mechanisms behind enhanced running capacity are not identical for GW501516 and training. Training increases energy availability by promoting catabolism of proteins, and gluconeogenesis, whereas GW501516 enhances specific consumption of fatty acids and reducing glucose utilization.
Long story short this would enhance aerobic activity.

But... there is also concern for cancer with this, so I would do plenty of research and weight the risk and reward.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There’s really not. The evidence is painfully weak.
That why I posted risk vs reward. Do whatever the fk you want(hodgetwins voice) lol. I have seen a lot of studies, with doses on rats way higher than that a person would probably take in ratio to their bodyweight, but I just wanted to be clear because as I searched for that study I posted a lot of cancer studies popped up before it. Whatever works man, but there is a valid concern based on studies, at least to be aware of and make the decision for yourself. Anything that even resembles the word cancer is concerning, but hey to each his own.

For me if I wanted to boost endurance for long distance goal I would do more endurance work, change my diet around and lose some muscle. If you had your heart set on peds for this purpose, there are others you could resort to as well.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There’s really not. The evidence is painfully weak.

how so? please post you HED conversion for 5mg/kg MOUSE performance to 100 kilo HUMAN dose. then post HED conversion for 3mg/kg RAT (lowest dose causing CANCER in gsk s own 2 studies) to 100 kilo HUMAN dose. then we all look at difference between two - for HUMAN.

then post gw501516 studies in ATHLETES showing performance benefit, not in metabolic disease human and various lipid levels.

the *only* leg to stand on for critical gsk studies (that cause them to say "no way! abandon!") - is that rats take for 24 months. that is fair yes.

but really risk it for some (not proven in athlete) "endiurance" or "fat loss"? when so many other ways not have risk?

i shake head, lol. "hey, here drug that gave every rodent cancer and canceled by company that spent millions on it - take it, it beach season you know"... wow.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
how so? please post you HED conversion for 5mg/kg MOUSE performance to 100 kilo HUMAN dose. then post HED conversion for 3mg/kg RAT (lowest dose causing CANCER in gsk s own 2 studies) to 100 kilo HUMAN dose. then we all look at difference between two - for HUMAN.

then post gw501516 studies in ATHLETES showing performance benefit, not in metabolic disease human and various lipid levels.

the *only* leg to stand on for critical gsk studies (that cause them to say "no way! abandon!") - is that rats take for 24 months. that is fair yes.

but really risk it for some (not proven in athlete) "endiurance" or "fat loss"? when so many other ways not have risk?

i shake head, lol. "hey, here drug that gave every rodent cancer and canceled by company that spent millions on it - take it, it beach season you know"... wow.
I have to say I agree bro, plus it doesn’t seem to do much for fat loss. Improving lipids though, definitely seen guys doing that a lot.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have to say I agree bro, plus it doesn’t seem to do much for fat loss. Improving lipids though, definitely seen guys doing that a lot.
yes, there no doubt it work at that - that what all human trial look at. but i not think they put those sick people on good diet of healthy omegas, cardio, etc... they just give pill so as not to confound.

if you actual healthy athlete and still have gentics bad for lipids - sucks, but rather take not that great statin, than gw!!! try real red yeast rice from canada (u.s. not have monacolin-k by law, infringe on lovastatin drug).

i think many people jump on gw bandwagon early, without doing due dilligence (not helped by companies selling it in caps alongside "regular" supps) and then they try to defend purchase/consumption - human flaw, lol.

i mean "abandon" *with reason given* not always danger - gTK stop enobosarm/2866/ostarine because fda want not only muscle retention, they want muscle *gain* - which it not do, so stop development. but even lead guy at gTK say he still give it to old parent if cachexia/sarcopenia, cuz it still good at retention. BUT GW REASON WAS CANCER!!! very different as can see. people crazy with gw defense, really odd - no performance trial in people, and cancer in all rodents... it just nuts.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yes, there no doubt it work at that - that what all human trial look at. but i not think they put those sick people on good diet of healthy omegas, cardio, etc... they just give pill so as not to confound.

if you actual healthy athlete and still have gentics bad for lipids - sucks, but rather take not that great statin, than gw!!! try real red yeast rice from canada (u.s. not have monacolin-k by law, infringe on lovastatin drug).

i think many people jump on gw bandwagon early, without doing due dilligence (not helped by companies selling it in caps alongside "regular" supps) and then they try to defend purchase/consumption - human flaw, lol.

i mean "abandon" *with reason given* not always danger - gTK stop enobosarm/2866/ostarine because fda want not only muscle retention, they want muscle *gain* - which it not do, so stop development. but even lead guy at gTK say he still give it to old parent if cachexia/sarcopenia, cuz it still good at retention. BUT GW REASON WAS CANCER!!! very different as can see. people crazy with gw defense, really odd - no performance trial in people, and cancer in all rodents... it just nuts.
The biggest red flag to me has always been the company abandoning it after all that investment. Money is all that matters to these companies, and if it does work as it was designed to, why would they do that? Maybe @mikearnold has some insight into this. I know he’s pretty knowledgeable with this kind of stuff and might have some evidence to support its use...

J

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Have you seen the rodent studies? The actual studies? I couldn’t find them. They weren’t ever published.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have you seen the rodent studies? The actual studies? I couldn’t find them. They weren’t ever published.
yes they were - that how cyclists go nuts over stuff and wada worry. here is original:

Other is above ^^^???

both times mice at 5mg/kg. km factor for mice is 3 and people is 39. rats is 6. it easy to see danger.