Can you feel the effects of testosterone after one week

Dugthefug

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I got prescribed TRT after a few tests came back low normal (I posted about this yesterday in another question) so I decided to go ahead with it ,but then decided to stop after a week because I thought it might not be for me and what ever ,so I was ment to inject testosterone cypionate 0.17ml (think that's 170mg) and 0.07ml of HGC 3 times a week into the belly fat ,so I took them both for the first time last Thursday and Saturday then stopped , basically decided not to carry on ,all this week I have felt a 100 times better in my mind ,it's more clearer and my social anxiety is a way better , does testosterone or HCG make you feel like this? If it does I'm a bit gutted I canceled the subscription because I havent felt this clear minded for years

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Possible if you are recovering from low levels. Less anxiety, calmness, better mood and feeling more stablr.

For me the biggest psychological effect of test is ridding of anxiety.

Like I get random butterflies in the stomach for no reason and cant calm down. Testosterone takes care of that.

Hcg may help well being too.

Dugthefug

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Possible if you are recovering from low levels. Less anxiety, calmness, better mood and feeling more stablr.

For me the biggest psychological effect of test is ridding of anxiety.

Like I get random butterflies in the stomach for no reason and cant calm down. Testosterone takes care of that.

Hcg may help well being too.
Yeh that's the anxiety I was feeling ,but this week it's not been there ,I just hope it's some kind and of placebo

blackirish36

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yeh that's the anxiety I was feeling ,but this week it's not been there ,I just hope it's some kind and of placebo
I can tell you that when I went on Clomid to boost my very low levels, I could definitely feel an improvement within a week. I imagine that actual TRT could produce results as or more quickly than Clomid. Keep in mind that I was basically a dead man walking before starting the therapy.

Dugthefug

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I can tell you that when I went on Clomid to boost my very low levels, I could definitely feel an improvement within a week. I imagine that actual TRT could produce results as or more quickly than Clomid. Keep in mind that I was basically a dead man walking before starting the therapy.
Were your LH and FSH low? Mine have all ways come back on the lower end of normal even when my T was 18.98nmol/l ,do you think I could benefit from something like clomid instead of TRT?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The effects you are describing are those you would expect from test and hcg. Whilst some of the muscle building and body composition benefits wouldn’t be felt for a number of weeks the cognitive side of things you could (especially coming from a position you were in - I.e there was a significant improvement to be had). It takes a few weeks for levels to balance so the impact would probably changed over a another week or so but generally speaking a decent trt dose of test makes me feel very good about myself and life within a week

blackirish36

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Were your LH and FSH low? Mine have all ways come back on the lower end of normal even when my T was 18.98nmol/l ,do you think I could benefit from something like clomid instead of TRT?
My LH was actually high normal, and my FSH was normal. That said, I have significant pituitary dysfunction due to empty sella syndrome.
Clomid might help you out, but it isn't a long term solution. Some guys have severe side effects right away. The sides took months to appear in my case. On the other hand, men without serious HPTA issues can sometimes take Clomid much like a PCT to kick their production back into gear. Sometimes this will keep your endogenous production up even after discontinuing Clomid.

Last edited:

Dugthefug

Awards
  • First Up Vote
My LH was actually high normal, and my FSH was normal. That said, I have significant pituitary disfunction due to empty sella syndrome.
Clomid might help you out, but it isn't a long term solution. Some guys have severe side effects right away. The sides took months to appear in my case. On the other hand, men without serious HPTA issues can sometimes take Clomid much like a PCT to kick their production back into gear. Sometimes this will keep your endogenous production up even after discontinuing Clomid.
Yeh I see , thanks

Dugthefug

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The effects you are describing are those you would expect from test and hcg. Whilst some of the muscle building and body composition benefits wouldn’t be felt for a number of weeks the cognitive side of things you could (especially coming from a position you were in - I.e there was a significant improvement to be had). It takes a few weeks for levels to balance so the impact would probably changed over a another week or so but generally speaking a decent trt dose of test makes me feel very good about myself and life within a week
How long have you been on TRT? I'll see how things go in the next few weeks an I might consider getting in touch with the clinic to start back up

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How long have you been on TRT? I'll see how things go in the next few weeks an I might consider getting in touch with the clinic to start back up
i cruise and blast but I use a trt dose on my cruise. Been doing that a couple of years. The best I feel is on that trt dose, I’m 39 but feel 21. The blasts are fun as you are gaining muscle/cutting but obviously it’s hard work and the body takes a bit of a beating. Cruising on a decent test dose is great though

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I got prescribed TRT after a few tests came back low normal (I posted about this yesterday in another question) so I decided to go ahead with it ,but then decided to stop after a week because I thought it might not be for me and what ever ,so I was ment to inject testosterone cypionate 0.17ml (think that's 170mg) and 0.07ml of HGC 3 times a week into the belly fat ,so I took them both for the first time last Thursday and Saturday then stopped , basically decided not to carry on ,all this week I have felt a 100 times better in my mind ,it's more clearer and my social anxiety is a way better , does testosterone or HCG make you feel like this? If it does I'm a bit gutted I canceled the subscription because I havent felt this clear minded for years
I think I said this in your other thread but 0.17 should be 34mg of test cyp, that being said, going by your other thread and this I'm wondering a few things. Mainly your age and if your on any other prescribed medication. Now you don't need to answer that, it's your business. But from the limited posts you have made I'm guessing your young maybe in your 20s and have some anxiety problems " which many of us have".

I'm not a Dr but that might explain you being hesitant and then a false sigh of relief from that tiny dose of testosterone. I don't think anyone notices anything from test c in a couple days, I don't for weeks and sometimes even going from 150 to 500 I don't feel any different.

But knowing you took test may have given you a strong placebo effect.

If I'm way off here il shut up, but I stick by what I said, placebo effect

Dugthefug

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think I said this in your other thread but 0.17 should be 34mg of test cyp, that being said, going by your other thread and this I'm wondering a few things. Mainly your age and if your on any other prescribed medication. Now you don't need to answer that, it's your business. But from the limited posts you have made I'm guessing your young maybe in your 20s and have some anxiety problems " which many of us have".

I'm not a Dr but that might explain you being hesitant and then a false sigh of relief from that tiny dose of testosterone. I don't think anyone notices anything from test c in a couple days, I don't for weeks and sometimes even going from 150 to 500 I don't feel any different.

I'm happy to answer any question ,I'm 35 basically suffered from depression/anxiety most of my life ,was on Prozac for over 7 years which helped massively ,but after so long the effects wore off but I was in a much better place (I carried on with them as some sort of safety net) ,still suffer with the anxiety tho ,as I said in my other post I was on the Prozac during my first test which came back at 9.57 ,I stopped taking them and took another test a month later and it came back 18.98 (clearly not an issue with testosterone) ,I think since the first test comeing back low it's basically opened a can of worms for me ,I think I just linked alot of my issues to testosterone too much ,I hope it is placebo to be honest ,I also think with being involved with training all my life I have all ways been seduced by the powers of what more testosterone could do

Project223

Project223

Awards
  • First Up Vote

With his dosing I’m guessing his cyp is 200mg/ml putting him at the standard 100mg/week. His doc has him pinning 3 times a week for some reason.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm happy to answer any question ,I'm 35 basically suffered from depression/anxiety most of my life ,was on Prozac for over 7 years which helped massively ,but after so long the effects wore off but I was in a much better place (I carried on with them as some sort of safety net) ,still suffer with the anxiety tho ,as I said in my other post I was on the Prozac during my first test which came back at 9.57 ,I stopped taking them and took another test a month later and it came back 18.98 (clearly not an issue with testosterone) ,I think since the first test comeing back low it's basically opened a can of worms for me ,I think I just linked alot of my issues to testosterone too much ,I hope it is placebo to be honest ,I also think with being involved with training all my life I have all ways been seduced by the powers of what more testosterone could do
I had a feeling there wa
I would say I have minor depression and anxiety, I can usually just tell myself to suck it up and im all set. I get minor to mild anxiety attacks every so often that cause me to usually throw up and it immediately goes away once I do " no clue why " anyway, getting on testosterone or cycles does not make it worse for me. I stay about the same and if anything it helps me have more motivation in daily life and the gym. So indirectly it puts my focus more twords getting **** done instead of worrying.

I'm not saying that's the case for everyone.

At 35, your plenty old enough to make a decision to go on trt and give it time to get dialed in and see if it helps. Just don't mind fukk yourself overthinking it. Worst case scenario after about 2 months if you still feel it's not for you, you could pct and come back off and I will wouldn't think any serious damage would be done.

I'm 36 and been on for about 2 years now and it's just part of my daily routine at this point. And it's nice not having to pct and come off completely if you ever decide to cycle down the road.

Dugthefug

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I had a feeling there wa

I would say I have minor depression and anxiety, I can usually just tell myself to suck it up and im all set. I get minor to mild anxiety attacks every so often that cause me to usually throw up and it immediately goes away once I do " no clue why " anyway, getting on testosterone or cycles does not make it worse for me. I stay about the same and if anything it helps me have more motivation in daily life and the gym. So indirectly it puts my focus more twords getting **** done instead of worrying.

I'm not saying that's the case for everyone.

At 35, your plenty old enough to make a decision to go on trt and give it time to get dialed in and see if it helps. Just don't mind fukk yourself overthinking it. Worst case scenario after about 2 months if you still feel it's not for you, you could pct and come back off and I will wouldn't think any serious damage would be done.

I'm 36 and been on for about 2 years now and it's just part of my daily routine at this point. And it's nice not having to pct and come off completely if you ever decide to cycle down the road.
I think I'll start making a few lifestyle changes first then make a decision , thanks for the advice ,much appreciated

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been on TRT over 15 yrs and it's been a blessing. It won't cure all the anxiety but it certainly helps keep mine at bay.

*For a point of reference my natural levels were 100ng/mL before TRT. Getting my serum level to 400s made a big difference but I prefer being around 800s for quality of life.