Can gyno come back when running cycles post surgery?

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The before and after pics are a good shout if @Monte_Cristo is willing to share that kind of thing. Especially the after pic would be interesting to see when healed.
Yea I figured

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
Hey fellas, will provide you a before/after pic but cant now for the simple fact that I still have to wear the vest 24/7.

I guess mid feb I'll be able to, right now I can only post the before/after for the belly which made a huge difference.

Something I forgot to say, forget about wearing t-shirts for few days after the surgery since many arm movements have to be avoided, only shirts and jackets with zip.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s not going to look good or done yet at all. He will need to heal months for it to look like the final results. Like ~4 months.
Damn, 4 months huh? Is that just how much the the healing takes place and the inflamation or are there any other reasons?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn, 4 months huh? Is that just how much the the healing takes place and the inflamation or are there any other reasons?
It just takes time for everything to settle, bruising to fade, most importantly for stitch lines/insertion points to fade, and things to just kinda look how they will IME. I mean you can get an idea as soon as the covers come off, but it’s a process. Especially if you get a hematoma or hold fluid for a while.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey fellas, will provide you a before/after pic but cant now for the simple fact that I still have to wear the vest 24/7.

I guess mid feb I'll be able to, right now I can only post the before/after for the belly which made a huge difference.

Something I forgot to say, forget about wearing t-shirts for few days after the surgery since many arm movements have to be avoided, only shirts and jackets with zip.
How did you sleep? I just had this done on friday and I'm supposed to sleep on my back, which is a no - go for me.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How did you sleep? I just had this done on friday and I'm supposed to sleep on my back, which is a no - go for me.
I was the same. You sleep on your back. Before you say you can’t, see how you “can’t sleep on your back” after 2 nights of virtually zero sleep. When you get truly exhausted enough, you can sleep on a pile of rocks, for a bit anyway. Might be a little easier in a recliner.

It’s gonna suck man. The wrapping, the pain, the itchiness of the unwashed skin & wrap, I get itchy very quickly from narcotic meds (and constipated) so those have to be phased out really quickly. The whole recovery process is fairly crappy, but you will get through it.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was the same. You sleep on your back. Before you say you can’t, see how you “can’t sleep on your back” after 2 nights of virtually zero sleep. When you get truly exhausted enough, you can sleep on a pile of rocks, for a bit anyway. Might be a little easier in a recliner.

It’s gonna suck man. The wrapping, the pain, the itchiness of the unwashed skin & wrap, I get itchy very quickly from narcotic meds (and constipated) so those have to be phased out really quickly. The whole recovery process is fairly crappy, but you will get through it.
But but ... sleep I need : D

Who df sleeps on their back god damn it. The "sleep trigger" doesn't happen with me when on the back, at all.

I am literally in almost no pain and if I wasn't all bandaged up, I would think I have doms or something. Maybe the pain is yet to come?

Oooh, I thought it was the antibiotics constipating me, but today that I didnt take any pain meds, I finally started going normally again. I was taking metamizole. What were you on and for how long? I didnt feel anything on the pain killer, so I said to my self I'll stop taking it, so I can get at least some pain warnings to restrict my arm movements ...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
But but ... sleep I need : D

Who df sleeps on their back god damn it. The "sleep trigger" doesn't happen with me when on the back, at all.

I am literally in almost no pain and if I wasn't all bandaged up, I would think I have doms or something. Maybe the pain is yet to come?

Oooh, I thought it was the antibiotics constipating me, but today that I didnt take any pain meds, I finally started going normally again. I was taking metamizole. What were you on and for how long? I didnt feel anything on the pain killer, so I said to my self I'll stop taking it, so I can get at least some pain warnings to restrict my arm movements ...
I actually feel really good back-wise sleeping on my back, everything in alignment, but I don’t get the sleep trigger like you said and when fatter my sleep apnea is pronounced on my back so quality isn’t there even if I manage to fall asleep that way - I am a stomach guy thru & thru.

The first several nights will be very restless and awful. A few broken hours likely. They did a lipectomy as well for my estrogenic chest fat, and I believe THAT was the cause of all of my pain after. If you are lean and didn’t have liposuction then you will probably be in way less pain.

In the US doctors love to give you Norco - hydrocodone mixed with some acetaminophen. They are quite effective for severe temporary pain relief but really make me itch & constipated within 2-3 days and I ALWAYS taper off them within 4 days for that alone. After that just using and tapering off ibuprofen.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tnx for your answers and explanations bro, much appreciated!

The first several nights will be very restless and awful. A few broken hours likely. They did a lipectomy as well for my estrogenic chest fat, and I believe THAT was the cause of all of my pain after. If you are lean and didn’t have liposuction then you will probably be in way less pain.
I was thinking the same thing. My gyno wasn't really that bad, all they had to remove were two medium - small-ish lumps.

You think it's really necessary to sleep on the back for a couple of weeks? The way I'm feeling, I'm thinking of going to belly sleeping in a weeks time ...

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Additional input - on concern of gyno returning, I’d recommend to get somewhat low in bf pre surgery. However, I was a ~25%bf chunker when I got the surgery, and he contoured so well that it has looked fine no matter if I have been as low as the 10-12% range or closer to 25%. Lowest bf I’ve ever been was 6%, I do suspect that if I was ever to get down to the 6-8% range again some of the remaining nipple area fat may be apparent - hence the recommendation to get it low before surgery. Still - highly pleased with the procedure, if it bothers someone I would heartily recommend having it removed.
I was app 12 - 14%. Got me a bit worried now, as this is not my normal bf level, I'm usually skinnier. There was no lipo done on me, just the glands removed.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tnx for your answers and explanations bro, much appreciated!

I was thinking the same thing. My gyno wasn't really that bad, all they had to remove were two medium - small-ish lumps.

You think it's really necessary to sleep on the back for a couple of weeks? The way I'm feeling, I'm thinking of going to belly sleeping in a weeks time ...
Listen to your body, and err on the side of caution/professional recommendation, is my opinion. You may get used to it faster than you think.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
@Monte_Cristo how you doing? Pleased with the results? How long it took you to get back to lifting? Hope all is well.