Unanswered Bodybuilding Gyms in Japan

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am not sure if we have any AM brother here from Japan. But, looks like I will be here for a while and I’d like to get back to lifting. Whatever gyms I checked are all junk. Are there any good gyms in and around Tokyo?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No idea but post some pics of what you are finding; I think training in other countries is a really unique opportunity.

Best of luck!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No idea but post some pics of what you are finding; I think training in other countries is a really unique opportunity.

Best of luck!
Aah.. that will be a task. Anyway, I am planning to join Gold's Gym. That's the only decent option here

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
From what I have read you need two pairs of shoes, one just for the gym, you can wear street shoes, and also pay attention where people are wearing shoes because in some areas it’s expected for you to remove your shoes. Being it’s a gym I would imagine it would be an oversight, at least for me. I have also read tattoos may be looked down upon or prohibited.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
From what I have read you need two pairs of shoes, one just for the gym, you can wear street shoes, and also pay attention where people are wearing shoes because in some areas it’s expected for you to remove your shoes. Being it’s a gym I would imagine it would be an oversight, at least for me. I have also read tattoos may be looked down upon or prohibited.
Shoes that’s worn to the gym cannot be used outside. That’s how it is even in India. Last time I visited a public gym, you are expected to keep your street shoes in the locker and use gym shoes only. The only problem with public gym is, you have to write your name on a board and wait till the person before you uses and erases his name off it.

Tattoos are fine except in some nude restaurants and Onsen.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Shoes that’s worn to the gym cannot be used outside. That’s how it is even in India. Last time I visited a public gym, you are expected to keep your street shoes in the locker and use gym shoes only. The only problem with public gym is, you have to write your name on a board and wait till the person before you uses and erases his name off it.

Tattoos are fine except in some nude restaurants and Onsen.
Makes sense