Blood Work

BIGMAC25

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I’m wondering what tests I should request if I’m interested in why my weight loss has stalled.
Are there certain hormone results I should be focusing on.
I usually just get a CBC with a total testosterone but I am 50 now so not sure.
Thanks for your input
Kevin

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm not sure that your bloodwork is going to tell you about weight loss stalling.
99 out of 100 times it's as simple as cutting more calories or increasing cardio or energy expenditure in another way.

But ....

Thyroid hormones, estrogen, fasted glucose, a1c, those are a couple things off top of my head that can effect weight loss or gain

natureman4

Awards
I’m wondering what tests I should request if I’m interested in why my weight loss has stalled.
Are there certain hormone results I should be focusing on.
I usually just get a CBC with a total testosterone but I am 50 now so not sure.
Thanks for your input
Kevin
Weight loss doesn't progress linearly forever, you'll always get diminishing returns unless you're on heavy anabolics. Our bodies adapt to cardio and calorie deficits. If you're getting plenty of sleep, you're sure beyond all doubt that your training and diet are great, and you're increasing intensity of both and still getting nowhere, the metrics Smont mentioned + waking cortisol might be relevant and could be interesting to know regardless.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
99 out of 100 times it's as simple as cutting more calories or increasing cardio or energy expenditure in another way.
This! And many people i've seen when tracking calories may be thinking they're at one caloric total when actually they're slightly higher which slows progression so you could try lowering calories more depending on where you're currently at.