blood tests for UA?

dr.mattdogg

Awards
i was curious about going and gettin a blood test to check my liver values. im takin UA now and ive heard all the crap about its liver toxicity. personally i dont believe it, but id like to check into it. i would like to take a test when im off my cycle of UA, then take a test after im on UA for 2 weeks and see how the results differ. ive never had one of these tests done, so im just wondering if i could go and request one being done, or if i needed a condition before they would run one and also how much this all would cost? i go to school at wvu and we have a health care system for students that all we have to pay is a 5 buck cofee, so im hoping they would be able to run the test for me.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
well the insurance should cover it..and just tell the doc what you are doing and why you are doing it....thats what I would do.

dr.mattdogg

Awards
ok cool. yeah im just doing this to get some hard data to see whether my liver is affected at all.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Just tell them you would like some blood work done, kind of like a checkup or physical. Find out what is including in their normal blood testing and then make sure to have them check your liver enzyme levels, etc.

dr.mattdogg

Awards
ok thnkx, i think ill just tell them ive read some stuff about supplements im taking causing liver dmg and just wanted a check up. they should go ahead and do it, its not like UA is illegal or anything

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Most doctors aren't fans of supplements. They'd rather you spend a shitload of money on prescription drugs :). Either way you put it, they won't refuse someone interested in checking on their health lol...but if you want to say yourself a lecture on how supplements are so awful for you, then you might consider stating it to them different hahah. :D

WYD