Blood Panel Advice

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm going to try to schedule a visit to my normal MD in the near future since I just turned 40 to get some baseline info.

Can you guys give me advice on what specifically I should ask for? I assume:

Test
Estrogen
Cortisol
Thyroid? (no concerns, just for baseline?)
Liver enzymes?

And, what types of things should I keep in mind before having blood drawn, should I fast, eat normal, should I lift, or should I do it after a rest day? I have some sustain alpha but really all my supps are OTC, should I continue or should I take a few days without before? I'd like to get the panel done before feb ideally, and before I get the dermacrine.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
boy so many confusing options when registering with the doctor.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You should stop eating at dinner the day before. You should also avoid the gym or strenuous activities for a solid 3 to 4 days, the longer the better. Every time you workout you create a waste product that your liver needs to filter and flush out. It throws off health markers.

I woul want total and free test, e2, igf, prolactin, thyroid, lipids, inflammation markers, cbc, cmp , c reactive protein score, anything that's prostate specific.

Off top of my head those are the things I'm usually concerned with

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you pick gender x and you want a testosterone score, Technically there is no proper testosterone levels for anyone that's not a male or female. Sooooooo .. ... can you just automatically assume your low? Or maybe you ask for a igf score that's pineapple specific. Can they tell you your levels are correct?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You should stop eating at dinner the day before. You should also avoid the gym or strenuous activities for a solid 3 to 4 days, the longer the better. Every time you workout you create a waste product that your liver needs to filter and flush out. It throws off health markers.

I woul want total and free test, e2, igf, prolactin, thyroid, lipids, inflammation markers, cbc, cmp , c reactive protein score, anything that's prostate specific.

OK so how about this, if I were to pull a Monday blood panel:
Deadlift and Bench on Thursday. Don't lift on Fri/Sat/Sun (or drink). Request:

Total Test
Free Test
E2
IGF
Prolactin
Thyroid
Lipids
Inflammation markers
CBC
CMP
C reactive Protein Score

I don't even know what half of that stuff means. I've never felt obliged to check my thyroid but figured I'd throw it in. at 40 the only things I really wanted to know was T and E, but I figured liver health was important since I do have a history of heavy drinking and I appreciate your additional feedback so I can make the most of the test since the doc is an hour away from work so it will likely be a PTO type event for me.

If you pick gender x and you want a testosterone score, Technically there is no proper testosterone levels for anyone that's not a male or female. Sooooooo .. ... can you just automatically assume your low? Or maybe you ask for a igf score that's pineapple specific. Can they tell you your levels are correct?
In which case get my MD to immediately working to boost my T?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh what about sex? 3-4 days off there too or does it not matter? Cause if I have to abstain to get a good reading I'm not doing a blood panel on monday, i'm pushing it out to Thursday and taking a rest week from the gym.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Oh what about sex? 3-4 days off there too or does it not matter? Cause if I have to abstain to get a good reading I'm not doing a blood panel on monday, i'm pushing it out to Thursday and taking a rest week from the gym.
I don't think sex matters. I've never had a Dr say no sex before bloodwork lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't think sex matters. I've never had a Dr say no sex before bloodwork lol
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ IDK, I've always read weird studies indicating the flow of T based upon last bowchicawowwow so figured it was worth asking lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Total Test
Free Test
E2
IGF
Prolactin
Thyroid
Lipids
Inflammation markers
CBC
CMP
C reactive Protein Score
I like this list, the only other thing I would throw in her is Hematocrit and Vitamin D

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

My wife's test is Monday so I'm sharing this with her. Glad I thought of your post cause she was gonna hit xfit Monday

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What supplements could possibly give me any false information on my blood panel? DHEA/Dermacrine? etc?

I'm just curious about timing. I played with Sustain Alpha all month, just the 3 pumps at 185lbs although if it did anything it was only after the couple days I tried 4-5 pumps. Any effect on blood work?

since discovering labcorp (LOL thank you Sir) i'm trying now to plan my blood panel timing around my trip where I know I'll fall off the wagon for food and drink as well as any supps i'm currently on or planning to take when I get home.