beta-3 from syntrax

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
anyone hear of this or use it?   What do you think?   Personally I think this companies fat burners have been good.  This one supposedly works on the beta-3 receptor...hence the name..lol...

180 caps for 20 bucks.....1-2 caps 3 times a day.

so a months supply for 20 bucks, not too bad and might be worth a shot

input?

h19

Dio

Awards
I used it with 7 keto, MM4 and caffeine a while back. It worked well in that combo, but I don't know what it will do on its own. Use at least 900mg/day for best results.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
im on it now, but not alone so i cant say exactly what beta3 has done for me ... but i have saw a very good increase in fatloss with my fatburner than just my fatburner alone. i take 4 caps, 3x a day = 1.2g a day; as suggested by many bros at Syntrax's board.

if you have the cash, try it out and add to your stack.

Meltdown

Awards
I used alone when it first came out, at 3 pills 3X per day. I don't think it worked very at all. But lots of people due like it with a ECA.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
i was definately going to add it to something, and not use it alone

thanks.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Dio and I talked about this on BB.com awhile back, and my stack was similar to his. I used NYC, Beta3, and 7-keto and had great results, although it's hard to determine what effect the Octopamine had alone. I did the 7-keto and NYC for 2 weeks alone, then added in Beta 3 at 900mg and it seemed my fat loss increased, but this isn't by any means a good test IMO.

Recently I used Thermics (Yohimbine HCL and Octapamine mainly) along with FL7 (7-keto) at max dosage. I'm not convinced that Oct is a stellar product, but I think I'm going to try it again, probably in Thermics or Beta3. I wish we had some better studies on it, I'll look however and I encourage everyone else to also.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
http://www.zoo.utoronto.ca/zoo344s/2002Group7/_private/octopamine_in_invertebrates_and.htm

http://biolpc22.york.ac.uk/snails/brains/octopamine/physmag.pdf

Those are 2 links that talk about the chemical itself...in insects...which is pretty much all I found as far as studies go.

Here is a little exerpt from T-mag

"Octopamine: A Great New Fat Burner (If You're a Mouse)

Since ephedrine is on the way out, scientists at Biotest have been gearing up to make a bulletproof fat metabolizer that the FDA can't touch. And we're close ­ very, very close.

Other companies think they're close and have launched some interesting things that unfortunately, won't deliver what they promise. Consider octopamine. Octopamine is best known as an insect neurotransmitter that has some beta-3 agonistic properties in rodent ovarian cells. Octopamine is also known as norsynepherine (which means it's somewhat similar to its enantiomer, synpherine). Both compounds are found in varying amounts in C. Auretium (bitter orange herb).

Octopamine is a great beta-3 agonist, it surely is, and it's <I>very</I> safe for humans to use. There is but one small, vexing issue: beta-3 receptors are not found to any significant extent in white fat, only in brown fat. Now rodents and newborn babies have a lot of brown fat. And giving them oral octopamine surely will cause them to lose fat. Adult humans don't have much (if any) brown fat (see any anatomy and physiology textbook for verification) which means adult humans don't have many beta-3 receptors. That means octopamine, from a beta-3 standpoint, isn't going to cause fat loss.

So will octopamine cause fat loss some other way or is octopamine useless? Well, believe it or not, octopamingergic receptors are also found in abundance in insects and are frequent targets of insecticides, so if you need to kill some cockroaches...

The arguments I've heard "for" octopamine are that it's not just a beta-3 agonist (read: useless in humans), it's also an alpha-2 agonist and it can act as a substrate for monoamine oxidase (MAO) and/or semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase (SSAO). And since MAO/SSAO substrates promote glucose transport in rat and human adipocytes, it would seem that beta-3 or not, octopamine might have some lipolytic effect through the counter-regulation of insulin action on glucose transport.

Makes sense on paper. Doesn't work in real life. You see, in specially bred rodents devoid of beta-3 receptors, this effect was <I>not </I>seen (6) as octopamine seems to only counteract the effects of insulin through some beta-3 mediated mechanism. Also, human adipocytes, which endogenously express a high level of alpha-2 receptors, exhibited no antilipolytic activity to octopamine (7); however, garden Dormice lost a lot of fat in this same study )for those of you who are trivia buffs).

Look, it's really simple: No beta-3 receptors in white adipocytes equals no fat loss with octopamine. I challenge someone to send me a peer reviewed, published journal article proving me wrong and making me eat crow. Until that happens, save your money on octopamine."

I think I might have changed my mind.  Not totally swayed yet. 

h19