Best Personal Trainers and Guru's?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

Just curious, in your opinion, who are the most knowledgeable personal trainers and guru's?

Anyone who browses online forums, etc. tends not to read Nutrition 101 textbooks, or even "Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding".

Rather, people seem to like pre-set programs by gurus with impressive marketing.

The ones I see are:

A. Weight/Muscle Gain

Anthony Ellis
B-Pak
Vince Del Monte
Mark Rippetoe

B. Fat Loss

Tom Venuto
Lyle McDonald

C. Transformations

Bill Philips

Any one else want to comment?

Bigmac2013

Bigmac2013

Awards
My top 3 are:

1) Milos Sarcev
2) Charles Poliquin
3) Dave Palumbo

My focus is mainly on bb'ing/performance enhancement hence why I picked the three above. There have also been great strength coaches. I also think Bill Phillips deserves his due because I think his philosophical approach to diet and training is really good...even though I think these days he has largely detached from reality due to the ridiculous amount of money he has.

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info. I am trying to "start from scratch" and re-teach myself.

I like Bill Philips goal setting, even though many of his comments about diet and exercise are not science based. "Eat vegetables and nature will make more" "Doing fasted cardio burns three times as much fat as a non-fasted state" "A good feed once a week is good for your body". These are all great New Age talk, but simply not true.

Jackedzombie

Awards
It depends what level you are at and whether you like getting into the scientific side of it or not. For me, I like the science and it’s also my educational background so that’s where I go. People like Alan Aragon, James Kreiger, Brad Schoenfeld, Lyle McDonald, Martin MacDonald, Eric Helms, Chris Beardsley. Not all of those guys always agree with or even like each other, but between them there’s a lot of overlap and a ton of useful stuff published.