Balding and Equi

S

socal

Awards
Equi is less andogenic than test and can't convert to dht. So for someone on trt, would it be easier on the hairline to add equi than to increase test dosage? Thnx all

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quite possibly. If you're already doing test, then you're already converting test to DHT. You should look into topical finasteride/dutasteride or spironolactone. Those are all topical solutions you can buy from a compounding pharmacy. Send me a PM for the link.

Here's a post someone made for me when I first joined the forums.

I recommend checking out https://www.hairlosstalk.com/

They have lots of good articles, a forum, feedback from member son various methods of what hair loss treatments work and what don't.

My hairline is starting to recede and I've been using a product called PURA D’OR Anti-Hair Thinning Shampoo. It has lots of great ingredients that inhibit DHT production at the scalp, including saw palmetto, Pygem, Nettle extract, and they also include Nizoral (Ketoconazole) which has been shown to block DHT at the receptor site in the scalp. There is also biotin in it of course, which is another supplement you should be taking for hair loss (although the studies are scant).

They also make a very good conditioner called PURA D'OR Hair Thinning Therapy Conditioner. It has an ingredient in it called Copper Tripeptide-1 which has been shown to reduce hair loss and possibility even regrow it. Some people use it on their own, and some people combine it with minoxidil.

I use both the shampoo and conditioner daily. I combine the shampoo with another shampoo called Everclean. It has some Salicylic acid in it. This helps force the old skin to peel off and regenerate new skin, helping the follicles stay clean and free of debris. Dr. Lee who used to run minoxidil.com (before they f#$king FDA shut him down) sold a formula very similar to this. It was Nizoral and Salicyclic acid as a shampoo.

There is another ingredient called azelaic acid which can block the DHT receptor at the scalp. I found a couple options for this. azelaic acid nightly before bed. There is a product called Hair Restoration Laboratories Maximum Hair Thickening Serum which has azelaic acid in it. They also sellAzelaic Topical Acid 10%, but it's made for skin and reducing acne. However, you could of course apply it to your scalp too.
Hair Restoration Laboratories Maximum Hair Thickening Serum
You can also buy some topical spironolactone from Hairlosstalk. It's a greasy formula and it stinks, so I really don't like using it. Good ole Dr. Lee used to make it into a liquid that was much more easy to apply.

Finally, I take NOW Supplements, Prostate Health, Clinical Strength. It has tons of ingredients to help with hair loss including saw palmetto, beta sitosterol, Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica), Pumpkin Seed Oil and lots of other good stuff which will work internally to help slow hair loss.

Btw, if you want to check out Dr. Lee's old page, it's still the wayback machine and has some very good articles.

Hair Loss Myths
Some Journal Reports involving the various hair loss ingredients

Beyond that, the only rx drugs that can regrow hair are Rogaine/Minoxidil, which you have to apply daily for the rest of your life as well as Propecia (finasteride). However, I recently came across this thread entitled Ask somebody who's life is ruined by Propecia anything... so take that into consideration before deciding to take that.

I'm going to be starting PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy. They take your blood and put it through a centrifuge and try and get the growth factors in the blood to cause the hair to regrow. It's probably the closest thing to stem cell therapy you can do now.

C

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ketoconazole shampoo seems to have stabilized my shedding. Finasteride and obviously avoiding high test and highly androgenic compounds is obviously the way to go.

@RIPDanDuchaine That person provided very good information.

I wonder where did he go?

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ketoconazole shampoo seems to have stabilized my shedding. Finasteride and obviously avoiding high test and highly androgenic compounds is obviously the way to go.

@RIPDanDuchaine That person provided very good information.

I wonder where did he go?
One of my very first replies to a post I made on the forum:

S

socal

Awards
Reporting back: Equi is NOT a good choice for this guy. Lost more hair in the last 12 weeks than the previous 40 years. That is all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
brandlife Training Forum 70
YoungThor Anabolics 3
J Male Anti-Aging Medicine 4
H Supplements 7
C General Chat 0